What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

Per FootballScoop:

Wake Forest: Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith is expected to become the new defensive coordinator at Wake Forest although we have not heard that the deal is complete at this time. Smith has served as defensive coordinator at Arkansas the past three seasons. He spent the 2013 season with the Tampa Bay Bucs and Greg Schiano and was at Rutgers from 2009-2012.

Per FootballScoop:

Wake Forest: Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith is expected to become the new defensive coordinator at Wake Forest although we have not heard that the deal is complete at this time. Smith has served as defensive coordinator at Arkansas the past three seasons. He spent the 2013 season with the Tampa Bay Bucs and Greg Schiano and was at Rutgers from 2009-2012.
Why would a DC leave a contender in the SEC for a doormat in the ACC unless he was being pushed out the door?

Why would a DC leave a contender in the SEC for a doormat in the ACC unless he was being pushed out the door?

I am assuming he is a fall guy for some bad second half collapses to close out the season... but "contender in the SEC?"

I am assuming he is a fall guy for some bad second half collapses to close out the season... but "contender in the SEC?"
I mean, it's the greatest conference evar - everyone's a contender. By the way, Duff, should we have any interest in that 3rd string Auburn RB who is transferring?

Point taken, I went back and looked, they did not do as well as I had thought. My bad.

FWIW, I think Bielema was forced to do some housecleaning after completely collapsing against Mizzou and Va Tech. I would guess he enters 2017 very much on the hot seat, so that job may not be that desirable.

FWIW, I think Bielema was forced to do some housecleaning after completely collapsing against Mizzou and Va Tech. I would guess he enters 2017 very much on the hot seat, so that job may not be that desirable.
The VT meltdown was pretty epic. If #80 could hold on to the ball though.....

And Wisconsin plays in a NY's 6 game. I wonder if he has any regrets?

A big part of what's going on here is that Bielema, a former DC, has decided to switch to a 3-4. Very similar to when MacIntyre did it, had Baer move on, and brought Leavitt in.

Arkansas is now a direct competitor to CU for a 3-4 DC.

AFCA Convention is Sunday thru Wednesday.

It's a safe assumption that CU will be having meetings and has interview set up in Nashville this week.

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2790

Next week starts recruiting visits again. We can certainly put Chidera, Baer and Toyoma on the road to cover the gaps, but it would be much better to get one of the full-time guys on board immediately. At the least, we want any OVs coming in on the 13th to be able to meet the new coach(es).

A big part of what's going on here is that Bielema, a former DC, has decided to switch to a 3-4. Very similar to when MacIntyre did it, had Baer move on, and brought Leavitt in.

Diaco and Bielema spent time on the same staff at Iowa for a year. Will be interesting, I'm sure they're in contact at the very least.

They may just end up promoting Paul Rhoads tho.

Makes sense why they were after Javier Edwards....

Bob Trott. Current JMU DC; a member of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Soon to be a holder of a FCS championship. Possibliity?

Back