What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

Would be a perfect time to announce a new DC... and find a way to get that into the conversation during the NC coverage.

I think Skiddy needs to reboot the Movie Poop thread until such time as CU announces a new DC.

Source or too early for that?

If you go to Scout, the headline on the CU home page is "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING?". Behind the pay wall, but it's about the possibility that they found the DC (no names or details).

Other speculation has been Tosh Lupoi.

I respect his talents, but don't see him as a great fit for CU based on some personality conflicts he had at Cal and some question marks surrounding how he has been such a successful recruiter. No arguing that he's done a good job at Bama, though, or that he's been right there like a young Orgeron as a recruiter.

I respect his talents, but don't see him as a great fit for CU based on some personality conflicts he had at Cal and some question marks surrounding how he has been such a successful recruiter. No arguing that he's done a good job at Bama, though, or that he's been right there like a young Orgeron as a recruiter.
Yeah I don't see him and MM's personalities getting along.

I hope that's not the case.

Is this the extent of the documented recruiting questions about Lupoi? For those who don't want to follow the link, it looks like Lupoi gave money to a recruit for tutoring and online classes to try and get him to be academically eligible.

On one hand, I don't like that he was going to pony up cash to try to land a recruit; on the other hand that is the least offensive "bribe" I've ever heard of. I'm less bothered by paying for kids to get academically eligible than I am by JMFL slapping kids in the locker room.

I think I would be okay with Lupoi. It's been a while since his alleged indiscretions and he's been working with really good coaches.

I think every HC has a line in his job description detailing the necessity to work with a variety of personalities.

My only question would be if he's ready to take on the DC role.

Lupoi is as dirty as they come.

Source(s)?

I'm not trying to out and out defend the guy, but all I can find is that the guy he replaced as DL coach at Bama was let go amid recruiting violations (guilt by association?) and the incident where he paid for a kid's tutor while trying to get him academically eligible.

That's about on the level of "knowing" that JMFL was as abusive of an a-hole coach as they come based on his USF incident and reputation.

The problem with Lupoi is I'm not sure he's much of anything as a coach - if you hire that guy, that's the extreme example if placing recruiting above coaching.

Source(s)?

I'm not trying to out and out defend the guy, but all I can find is that the guy he replaced as DL coach at Bama was let go amid recruiting violations (guilt by association?) and the incident where he paid for a kid's tutor while trying to get him academically eligible.

That's about on the level of "knowing" that JMFL was as abusive of an a-hole coach as they come based on his USF incident and reputation.

The recruiting allegations have followed him everywhere, but his big issue at Cal was he was the poster child of a coaching staff bringing in recruits that dragged them down to bottom of the conference in APR. He is a really bad fit here, especially as a DC.

I think another strong indictment with Lupoi is the way he left Cal, sort of played free agent with them, then took his recruits with him. He stepped all over coaching ethics right there.

I'm all for second chances though, just not sure if he's got the mind for it. But seriously doubt he's even been contacted.

Back