What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU at Utah (4:30pm, ESPNU)

The dictionary definition of 'racism' is roughly "A belief that there are inherent differences in individuals based solely on their race." Whether the difference is considered a positive or negative is irrelevant in the definition. So if King George etc is suggesting that white basketball players as a race play more poorly than non-white players (presumably meaning African-American players), then yes, the posting was correctly identified by Sykobuff as racist. However, whether having a racist perspective in this case is a problem, or indeed is accurate or not, is a separate issue.

The dictionary definition of 'racism' is roughly "A belief that there are inherent differences in individuals based solely on their race." Whether the difference is considered a positive or negative is irrelevant in the definition. So if King George etc is suggesting that white basketball players as a race play more poorly than non-white players (presumably meaning African-American players), then yes, the posting was correctly identified by Sykobuff as racist. However, whether having a racist perspective in this case is a problem, or indeed is accurate or not, is a separate issue.

Sarcasm is your friend....

Boyle's quote from the CU-UTAH game:

"...our offense in practice is a totally different animal than our offense in the games."

White, same article:

"We're not doing what we do in practice in games, and that's a problem. We've got to move the ball from side-to-side and get better looks."

Yikes. Maybe it's because our team isn't very good? So we look great in practice, against a subpar defense of subpar Buffs players?

Stopped watching early in the second half. Clearly little or no chemistry with this team. No leader. Maybe that is the most overlooked thing we lost with Josh Scott.

There are quotes by the team and Boyle saying they practice a lot better, specifically on offense. This has to change, because their offense is hard to comprehend. They have too much fire power and offensive talent...I can't stand how we just non-chalantly pass the ball around the perimeter. Drive the damn ball, set some screens, pass to the high post more. We just don't do enough on offense together, and yes, Scott's presence on and off court are sorely missed. I still think we have a lot of season left to turn this around, but my fears going into season are unfortunately coming true. I think Boyle is up to the coaching challenge though.

There are quotes by the team and Boyle saying they practice a lot better, specifically on offense. This has to change, because their offense is hard to comprehend. They have too much fire power and offensive talent...I can't stand how we just non-chalantly pass the ball around the perimeter. Drive the damn ball, set some screens, pass to the high post more. We just don't do enough on offense together, and yes, Scott's presence on and off court are sorely missed. I still think we have a lot of season left to turn this around, but my fears going into season are unfortunately coming true. I think Boyle is up to the coaching challenge though.

Based on what I'm seeing in games, I would assume that in practice they have much better spacing since CU's defenders do not push posts off the block and aren't in the face of perimeter players and don't ever show a reasonable zone look. Offense usually does look good against a pickup game defense.

Yeah good points about our D in practice. I haven't seen too much of the team, but when I could watch parts of yesterday's game, our attack of a zone was pathetic. We passed to Wes once that I saw on the high post, and he was of course wide open for an easy jumper. I get he's not the best passer or shooter, but get the zone moving in other ways aside from listlessly passing outside. ...I don't know...I trust Boyle, but our guys just aren't playing with the tools we've seen (aside from White).

They passed to George in high post and team went on 8-0 run then George got fourth foul and went to bench. George is active there and offers dual threat. Maybe that gets him going.

There's not a player on this team who can defend simple dribble penetration, much less anyone who can finish around the basket. How can you have a competent basketball team with such a noxious combination?

As expected. Find a way to 2-3 and take it from there.
While not optimistic (we don't yet know whether this team can put it together, often enough to have a successful season), 2-3 (meaning 2-2 in next 4 games) is very possible. Arizona State is key - we won't beat Arizona at their place. ASU hasn't looked good, definitely worse than Utah, and has lost 2 of last 3 home games. Hope proper motivation and smart play can somehow be infused into the guys by Thurs evening. Don't want to come home to UCLA & USC with 0-3 conference, or the season could be falling apart.

This game Thursday is critical.

I may just be polishing a turd here - but the key is to get hot as the season goes on (see USC football).

Losing Scott but adding White (plus XJ and some talented freshmen), you'd think they'd be better than this. The Utah game was very hard to watch.

The fix? I'd sit Fortune & Akyazili & Stewert and shorten the rotation to: Wes, Tory, XJ, Derrick, Dom, Deleon, George, & Bryce. Let's build chemistry among fewer players. More PT per player. And it sends a message that if you're not rebounding or playing D or scoring - or if you are turning the ball over - your view of the game will be from the bench.

They passed to George in high post and team went on 8-0 run then George got fourth foul and went to bench. George is active there and offers dual threat. Maybe that gets him going.

Thanks; I definitely missed that stretch, but anything to get the damn offense moving around and forcing the defense to react.

There's not a player on this team who can defend simple dribble penetration, much less anyone who can finish around the basket. How can you have a competent basketball team with such a noxious combination?

I get the frustration, especially about defending on the ball. But, we do have players that can finish around the basket. White can, and XJ can. GK can also, but ...not the biggest fan of his at times. We have a lot of things to fix it seems, and getting guys to attack the rim more could be one of the fixes - we shall see I guess.

Back