What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

The last comment about how hiring Urban would effectively subvert any leverage they might have in a lawsuit with Mel Tucker is spot on. He could even throw in the race card if he wanted to. Tucker was rich already, but he could actually end up with more than his contract stipulates and not have to work another day in his life.

Think About It GIF by Identity

I'm not a big fan of Urban, but assaulting a girl on a dance floor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any allegations from the girl that she was assaulted.
I don't recall an assault either. I recall a hubbub about why he didn't fly home with the team and then video emerged of him grinding on the dance floor (or something like that) with a young lady (not his wife). This followed his excuse made for not flying home with the team that he wanted to visit his grandkids. That makes him a possibly sleazy philanderer at worst, not a sex assault perp.

I don't recall an assault either. I recall a hubbub about why he didn't fly home with the team and then video emerged of him grinding on the dance floor (or something like that) with a young lady (not his wife). This followed his excuse made for not flying home with the team that he wanted to visit his grandkids. That makes him a possibly sleazy philanderer at worst, not a sex assault perp.
Also, Urban and his wife are not estranged and she reacted to the story on social media. It would be an unusual move of a hire that a school is making because it fired its HC for cause of sexual misconduct / moral turpitude.

In a way, I'd have a grudging respect for Sparty giving zero fvcks because they prioritize winning to that degree.

Also, Urban and his wife are not estranged and she reacted to the story on social media. It would be an unusual move of a hire that a school is making because it fired its HC for cause of sexual misconduct / moral turpitude.

In a way, I'd have a grudging respect for Sparty giving zero fvcks because they prioritize winning to that degree.
I just want Michigan and Ohio State, and now USC and especially Oregon to go “wait, ****! We’re ****ed. By ****ing Sparty”
(All those dudes watching the situation at MSU)
Scared Baby GIF

This really doesn't change much. Tucker is and will remain fired. Tracy will still get paid by MSU. Only thing this matters for is how much MSU may settle for with Mel. He was always gonna get something in a settlement imo, but the longer he can splash details across news feeds and muddy the water just increases his chances for a bigger settlement.

MSU is gonna want this all to go away sooner rather than later.

This really doesn't change much. Tucker is and will remain fired. Tracy will still get paid by MSU. Only thing this matters for is how much MSU may settle for with Mel. He was always gonna get something in a settlement imo, but the longer he can splash details across news feeds and muddy the water just increases his chances for a bigger settlement.

MSU is gonna want this all to go away sooner rather than later.
So they can hire Urban and muddy up their good name again

So I'm sure I'm wrong, but if he has a turpitude clause in his contract, and he admitted to an extra-marital wanking situation with a MSU contractor which resulted in a) a title IX complaint against him and b) a media leak that resulted in negative publicity firestorm, isn't that an open-and-shut case for terminating the contract with cause?

I mean, morality clauses are kinda stupid, but since he had one in his contract and I'm going to assume it wasn't added after he signed it, he has to abide by it in order to uphold his end of the contract. Frankly, I don't see an valid argument that what he did - consensually or non-consensually - didn't violate that clause.

He has an argument that consensual sexual conduct doesn't violate the clause. Unless there's a university policy prohibiting sex with vendors, he has enough to get paid in a settlement.

I love reading the legal analysis from AllBuffs non-lawyers. Makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, I’m not a useless sack of sh*t.

Back