What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

I hear this on his pod. I think it’s in Staples article as well where he coached FSU spring game.

2/10 means you should pass again twice. Crappy teams get 6.5 yards per attempt. Your chances remain good to get it on one of the next two passes or a third short.

they did not explain the thesis for the run.

I’ll have to look at the article.
That’s fair, but likely leads to far more 3 and outs that burn about 15-20 seconds off the clock. Unless of course, one of those passes is a high % throw that’s... wait for it... an extension of the run game!

There’s a place for analytics in football, maybe even a big place, but it can’t replace situational football, matchups, etc

That’s fair, but likely leads to far more 3 and outs that burn about 15-20 seconds off the clock. Unless of course, one of those passes is a high % throw that’s... wait for it... an extension of the run game!

There’s a place for analytics in football, maybe even a big place, but it can’t replace situational football, matchups, etc
Agree. It’s a blend.

Just read an article on buffzone. The writer said Lewis was not sharp on a lot of throws but unofficially went 7 for 9 with no picks. How is that possible? Maybe he meant didn't run the offense efficiently or missed some reads.

The team that takes a knee 3+ times in the second half/4th quarter wins the game 99.7% of the time.

(Staples and Connelly)
What about ranked teams that spike the ball backward, recovered by the other unranked team, that play in the SEC?

Just read an article on buffzone. The writer said Lewis was not sharp on a lot of throws but unofficially went 7 for 9 with no picks. How is that possible? Maybe he meant didn't run the offense efficiently or missed some reads.

Nine passes is a small sample size. You can complete passes without looking sharp doing so.

Nine passes is a small sample size. You can complete passes without looking sharp doing so.

I don't think that is possible. If you are not sharp you would have a poor completion percentage and you would turn the ball over. You would have 3 and outs. Dorrel said he had bright spots, the offense moved the ball connecting with Stanley. Spring ball can be deceptive. Some guys have looked good during the spring only not to play up to expectation during the fall. I agree it is a small sample size. You also have multiple starters out.

B Lewis is most likely going to be the starter. His ability to create with his legs gives him the advantage. Also Shrout need to work on his Turnover ratio.

I don't think that is possible. If you are not sharp you would have a poor completion percentage and you would turn the ball over. You would have 3 and outs. Dorrel said he had bright spots, the offense moved the ball connecting with Stanley. Spring ball can be deceptive. Some guys have looked good during the spring only not to play up to expectation during the fall. I agree it is a small sample size. You also have multiple starters out.
You do realize that it takes both a quarterback AND a receiver to complete a pass, yes?

Probably didn't happen, but what if 2 completions were balls tipped by the D?

With nine passes, it is quite possible to be shaky and still have a high completion percentage.

Not buying anything on the QBs. The coaches are the blandest of the bland when discussing them.
This.

It's the coaches talking, we don't know the situation the passes were thrown in or who else was involved.

And Spring Practice is a long, long way from actual games. Getting excited or depressed about one practice in April makes almost as much sense as BB2 does. :LOL:

This.

It's the coaches talking, we don't know the situation the passes were thrown in or who else was involved.

And Spring Practice is a long, long way from actual games. Getting excited or depressed about one practice in April makes almost as much sense as BB2 does. :LOL:
That good analysis. Not elite analysis, but good nonetheless.

I like Steady. Screen plays are effective. I use it a lot in Madden.
Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Shrout had a pretty sweet pick in that video. And by that I mean his pass sucked, could have gotten his receiver killed, and it was picked. So, anyone concerned about a “7-9 kinda shaky not crisp outing” by Lewis means he‘s not getting the job can probably chill. Not saying he is getting it, just saying that comment probably isn’t the death knell.

Shrout had a pretty sweet pick in that video. And by that I mean his pass sucked, could have gotten his receiver killed, and it was picked. So, anyone concerned about a “7-9 kinda shaky not crisp outing” by Lewis means he‘s not getting the job can probably chill. Not saying he is getting it, just saying that comment probably isn’t the death knell.

The concern about Shrout at Tennessee was he tends to turn the ball over. But that can be fixed with coaching. He can be a solid player at CU. But I still think B Lewis will be the starter. He is more dynamic.

Back