What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Lewis is basically exactly like Mahomes.
Duff, I am not comparing Lewis to Mahomes in any way related to playmaking and running an offense! As much as I despise the Chiefs and Mahomes, he is awesome. I was mainly comparing the fact that Lewis is sized and has the body type of Mahomes, which I always felt was nice and thick in College. He could take pretty much any hit and make any throw, especially with his baseball background. I think the 6-2 or 6-3 QB is the premium size, especially with escapability.

1618099633616.png1618099646397.png

We aren’t prepping Lewis to be an NFL QB. We are prepping him to win games at CU, which is going to require him to be an athlete and make a lot of plays with his legs, which in turn requires a bigger body.

KD Is prepping him to be who ever he wants to be. If he wants to be an Engineer or NFL QB, the school will help him. It is not only about winning games.

Shouldn't focus too much time bulking up like a Linebacker. You don't need to look like a Linebacker to be a successful QB that is all I am saying. I prefer he spends more time on getting faster and learning the playbook.

None of which contradicts the point I made.

It is a contradiction, you said you want to win games, you are not preparing him to be a NFL QB. It is a contradiction. College football prepares you to be a NFL QB or a professional football player.

It is a contradiction, you said you want to win games, you are not preparing him to be a NFL QB. It is a contradiction. College football prepares you to be a NFL QB or a professional football player.
No. College football coaches are in the business of winning games. If the players they coach are good enough and develop the right way to make it to the NFL, that’s a great byproduct, but not the goal.

You saying he needs to stop bulking up because that’s not what NFL QBs look like is irrelevant

No. College football coaches are in the business of winning games. If the players they coach are good enough and develop the right way to make it to the NFL, that’s a great byproduct, but not the goal.

You saying he needs to stop bulking up because that’s not what NFL QBs look like is irrelevant
College coaches want to be able to recruit by saying look at all of guys we have developed that are now in the NFL. Winning and development are not mutually exclusive.

Shouldn't focus too much time bulking up like a Linebacker. You don't need to look like a Linebacker to be a successful QB that is all I am saying. I prefer he spends more time on getting faster and learning the playbook.
Gee, maybe you should call the coaches and let them know. I'm sure they hadn't thought of the idea that he might want to learn the playbook and maybe even work on his speed.

Spending time in the weight room doesn't mean that a player is neglecting the other parts of preparation. It is a part of being physically ready to play the game.

I just don't think he needs to be built like a linebacker to play QB. He should avoid contact, not look for it. But looks like he enjoys it, they should make sure he doesn't over do it and hurt himself. I heard Turley is big on injury prevention.

We aren’t prepping Lewis to be an NFL QB. We are prepping him to win games at CU, which is going to require him to be an athlete and make a lot of plays with his legs, which in turn requires a bigger body.
Exactly. The last absolutely yoked QB I can remember was Brady Quinn. As I recall, he was a fantastic college player. He wasn't even a runner, per se.

Think of it like this:
2 hours a day, at contact practice and games. That's 0.114 % of their annual hours awake. Not to mention the P.T. and special exercises he does.

I'll wait for the scientific facts you quoted. Until then, I'll defer to common sense.
Something seems off with your math. Annual hours awake = 365 days/year * 16 hours/day = 5840 hours awake per year. 0.114% of 5840 = 6.65 hours (remember, 0.114% = 0.00114). Using your 2 hours per game would have him at twice that just for the 6 games last season...

Not following that logic? He looks awesome and has a lot of Mahomes look to him. Mahomes is 6'-3" and 230 pounds, and Lewis is 6'-2" and 225 pounds as a True Sophomore. Gotta be able to be tough in the pocket and to improvise. Lewis just looks like a winner.
What logic?

I don't think it's a big mystery at this point that I used to be another poster that joined in 2008. Same month as Skye and Rugged, I believe.

Sure, sure. Next you'll tell me that Uncle Luko is still posting under a new name.

What other lies have you been telling us?

View attachment 44170
This is funny to me. In a spring football thread, a casual reference from someone who has posted for a decade, prompts someone to run to their profile to validate the duration of membership. Spring football be damned, this board has more important conversations to validate.

Meanwhile, Landman will start game 1 this season.
If Fontenot is the RB2 over Clayton, is Clayton gone?
TE battle is huge and impacts the offense, who is the frontrunner?
Injuries in camp highlight gaps and thin depth on the OL - to late to bring in a quality transfer?

Getting updates during closed practices is a challenge. I'm desperate for news

This is funny to me. In a spring football thread, a casual reference from someone who has posted for a decade, prompts someone to run to their profile to validate the duration of membership. Spring football be damned, this board has more important conversations to validate.

Meanwhile, Landman will start game 1 this season.
If Fontenot is the RB2 over Clayton, is Clayton gone?
TE battle is huge and impacts the offense, who is the frontrunner?
Injuries in camp highlight gaps and thin depth on the OL - to late to bring in a quality transfer?

Getting updates during closed practices is a challenge. I'm desperate for news
Maybe it’s just me but I’m not feeling great about TE. Seems like we want to run a lot of 2 TE sets just based on # of roster TEs. Hopefully Olsen is able to step in there as an early enrollee but TE is a difficult position for a true frosh. I was hoping TE would be 1 of the transfer positions we would get but now seems like we need Safety and Tackle transfers top priority.

The ligament is 100% healed. The brace is more about the mental confidence in the stability of the knee. Once it’s fully healed, it’s not actually needed.

Source: Two ACL surgeries on my right knee and two different surgeons saying the same thing
Why do all linemen wear them?

Back