What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

What sucks is:
Shenault did not play and we have no idea why
Miller did not play cause he cannot stay healthy
Stanley got dinged
Lang got dinged but came back
Broussard got ankle cracked from behind and did not return
Chiv let the entire program down by not finding a way to call something more creative than the garbage he threw out there

So Lewis isn’t a starter yet, but this experience he’s getting will pay off in the end IMO. Overall, a fun game and good atmosphere.

Those two sneaks really hurt. Man, we were close!! Let’s go beat Minnesota next week.
The first one was fine, and honestly I thought we got a tough spot. The second one was nonsense. The had a guy head up on the center and both A gaps covered with blitzers, That second one had no chance, and any type of pop pass, flat pass or toss play likely nets a touchdown. Not sure how no one saw that disaster before it unfolded.

The first one was fine, and honestly I thought we got a tough spot. The second one was nonsense. The had a guy head up on the center and both A gaps covered with blitzers, That second one had no chance, and any type of pop pass, flat pass or toss play likely nets a touchdown. Not sure how no one saw that disaster before it unfolded.
Especially the OC in the booth

I gotta walk away, good night
Sko Buffs

So you have no counter then. Cool.

My counter is that I think it's idiotic to rank teams at this point because we just don't know and can only go by past results, particularly last season. And please excuse me for not putting much stock in what happened a year ago.

I think about it differently

KD is doing a GREAT job coaching the team he has in terms of putting out a rock-solid college effort in each game they play.

His idea of good recruiting MUST be fixed so that we can have guys like T AM and others, but the Buffs played harder than the other team today, a team that was the #5 team in the country. They only gave up 10 points and had only given up 3 points for 57 minutes.

Our Special Teams sucks on FG's, but were solid on kickoffs and punts, and were not the factor at all in the loss

We have a stud Freshman QB that was tearing up the Zone Read, and after halftime, it was ran successfully once and only once.

Chiv let down the entire team with inept play-calling and design. Lack of motion, lack of creativity, bad route running, and it is a miracle what Wilson and the defense did to keep us in the game, despite the fact we were WINNING the f-ing game for 57 minutes.

I am so not happy right now, but these young men deserve our KUDOS and CONGRATULATIONS for the effort
To start with the players deserve a huge amount of recognition. They busted their tails and yes almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the history of our program. No question the effort was there, the desire was there, and players performed to their absolute ability.

Chiv gets a huge amount of the blame but ultimately the head coach is responsible. If something is wrong it is his job to fix it.

Lewis is a reason to be optimistic but why are we forced to play a freshman at QB? Also and bigger is that what could be called was very limited because our line, specifically our tackles couldn't block the A&M pass rush and had trouble consistently getting push in the running game.

Dorrell's history at UCLA was do a quality job coaching getting the best out of his players until his failure to effectively recruit lowered the talent level to a point that he couldn't compete. What have we seen so far that says that he is going to recruit well enough here to not repeat that experience? So far his staff here has recruited more poorly than he did at UCLA.

The players did a great job today, the defensive coaches gave us all we could ask for, as you said other than the FG unit our special teams won their part of the game.

With all that though we lost a game we should have won and more importantly the trajectory of the program is going the wrong way. I'm not going to sit here and sunshine pump about a sinking ship even though on a personal basis I think KD is a great guy.

Well, the defense did their job. O, you gotta help them out. I mean, how many points we left off the board pisses me off. Could've won this game. That QB they put in sucked too, of course he becomes Joe Montana against us. That dude will never make that throw again in his life, forgot that part.

Yeah, I couldn’t tell from where I was sitting if the spot was good or not. I was thinking pop pass all the way as well.

personally, I think Lewis did fine with what he is given. 1st half Lewis, good enough for 7/8 wins. 2nd half Lewis, not bowl eligible. The difference between 1st half and 2nd half? Playcalling. Stopped with the read options, didn’t do anything unexpected. Lewis can’t make lemonade out of ****. Is he the future for the next 3 years? Idk, let’s see how he looks with a competent ****ing play caller

that game pretty much sums up the last couple of decades-- moments of elation, self induced mistakes, and not enough to make it happen.

blame chev, blame kd, whatever... what i saw was a size/athletic/talent/depth gap that is getting worse not better.

if you can't recruit, you can't win. full stop. all heart out there and the players did all they could. and i love the effort.

look at the ****ing ducks. they have recruited, on average, like 10 spots below ohio state, but the gap between their guys and ohio state was not that significant. if you can't recruit in the top 25, you aren't going to win much in any p5 conference.

Re: Chiv, the blame does NOT fall on him.

This is what happens when you recruit assistants and allow them to have leverage, and then lose a good HC coach at an inopportune time, and you’re forced to scramble to fill the HC spot. Guys end up with jobs that are above their head.

Re: Chiv, the blame does NOT fall on him.

This is what happens when you recruit assistants and allow them to have leverage, and then lose a good HC coach at an inopportune time, and you’re forced to scramble to fill the HC spot. Guys end up with jobs that are above their head.
Mel Tucker is a good head coach? Really?

don’t blame the guy in charge for hiring someone not qualified for the job. Blame the fact that the guy in charge shouldn’t be in charge at all. That makes sense :LOL:

Back