What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

Apparently, GA texted the OSU beat reporter, who knew they had one?, but I digress, and basically called out his AC's as worthless, and said he hired the wrong guys. Beat writer released the texts, not a pretty situation in Corvallis.

Apparently, GA texted the OSU beat reporter, who knew they had one?, but I digress, and basically called out his AC's as worthless, and said he hired the wrong guys. Beat writer released the texts, not a pretty situation in Corvallis.
that.is.awESOME!

Hell yes I'd make fun of Michael J Fox. Political correctness and I aren't exactly close. I don't take offense easily and I expect others to do the same. Life is too short to get upset over a joke.

Lol jokes are about things that are funny, making fun of people’s diseases and the things they can’t accomplish because of them isn’t funny. You’ll understand some day when it happens to you.

[QUOTE="leftybuff, post: 2301052, member: 86"

Apparently, GA texted the OSU beat reporter, who knew they had one?, but I digress, and basically called out his AC's as worthless, and said he hired the wrong guys. Beat writer released the texts, not a pretty situation in Corvallis.[/QUOTE]
Andersen (Sept. 20): “I hired the wrong (expletive) guys and are still working our way through a bunch of recruiting years that stunk!! It’s year three! If these (expletives) can’t get it right I will not just say fire them and start over!! That’s not the way to go about it. If I (expletive) it up that bad I will take the bullet and ride off into the sunset! I will stay old school!! I will not die doing this."

The dude has a spine, too much of one even.

On the radio this morning in Portland they talked about how bad it was. One story said that two players at a high school committed to OSU only to find out that they didn’t really have offers. Apparently nobody on the staff would admit to having made the verbal offers. Sounds extremely disfunctional.

Lol jokes are about things that are funny, making fun of people’s diseases and the things they can’t accomplish because of them isn’t funny. You’ll understand some day when it happens to you.

Um, I guess you've never seen comedy roasts? Not saying your post isn't vorrect just saying...

Um, I guess you've never seen comedy roasts? Not saying your post isn't vorrect just saying...

I’ve seen a few. I’ve probably laughed at a bunch of it when I was younger. When you go through some of these things personally it just makes them not funny later on. But whatever, I got his point lol we sucked on D. He’s 100% right.

You must not be aware of sacky's disorder.

I could care less about what Anderson or Oregon St does. Let's just kick their ass and be done with them. Do that and hopefully this thread goes to bed.

If a coach gets fired or sick, players might rally. If you suck so bad your coach quits, what is there to rally for?

On the radio this morning in Portland they talked about how bad it was. One story said that two players at a high school committed to OSU only to find out that they didn’t really have offers. Apparently nobody on the staff would admit to having made the verbal offers. Sounds extremely disfunctional.
Maybe we shouldn't plan on picking through their staff to fill ours.

Maybe leavitt??

Leavitt is a strong possibility, and everyone knows he can defend against anyone in the PAC 12, so it would help get them relevant sooner. He does not have a lot of chances left to coach at a legit P5 School. I know he hopes for Kansas State job as his dream job.

Leavitt is a strong possibility, and everyone knows he can defend against anyone in the PAC 12, so it would help get them relevant sooner. He does not have a lot of chances left to coach at a legit P5 School. I know he hopes for Kansas State job as his dream job.

Kansas State: dream job -> does not compute after stints in FL, CA, CO & OR.

I would laugh pretty hard at Duckie if Leavitt jumped over to Corvallis. But I don't think he bails that quick, especially for that job.

Agree about USU or BYU - he (Anderson) goes home.
Why wouldn't he go to OSU? It would be the biggest job he's ever had. o_O

Why wouldn't he go to OSU? It would be the biggest job he's ever had. o_O
Andersen's departure should serve as a warning. Besides, he's already clearly shooting for a KSU-level landing spot; which in my opinion is several levels above what OSU could offer. From the sounds of it, I'm not even sure USF isn't a better job than OSU, honestly.

Andersen's departure should serve as a warning. Besides, he's already clearly shooting for a KSU-level landing spot; which in my opinion is several levels above what OSU could offer. From the sounds of it, I'm not even sure USF isn't a better job than OSU, honestly.
The PAC-12 North is going to be a really tough division going forward. UW, WSU, Stanford and Oregon all seem to have coaches that want to be there and can recruit at a high level or have a good system in place to recruit to. Then think about Cal being in one of the best recruiting grounds in the country and it leaves a bleak outlook for OSU going forward.

[QUOTE="leftybuff, post: 2301052, member: 86"

Andersen (Sept. 20): “I hired the wrong (expletive) guys and are still working our way through a bunch of recruiting years that stunk!! It’s year three! If these (expletives) can’t get it right I will not just say fire them and start over!! That’s not the way to go about it. If I (expletive) it up that bad I will take the bullet and ride off into the sunset! I will stay old school!! I will not die doing this."

The dude has a spine, too much of one even.
See-- this is what I'm worried about. All week, the coaches and the players there are going to see and be asked about these texts, and go into the game Saturday with the mentality that they are "going to prove that A-hole wrong."

CU should have a big edge in talent, but I definitely think they're going to get OSU's best shot. wish GA woulda mailed it in one more week.

The PAC-12 North is going to be a really tough division going forward. UW, WSU, Stanford and Oregon all seem to have coaches that want to be there and can recruit at a high level or have a good system in place to recruit to. Then think about Cal being in one of the best recruiting grounds in the country and it leaves a bleak outlook for OSU going forward.

Leach will leave sometime in the next two years IMO, but your point is well taken.

If everything is purely as it seems, and he did in fact just walk away from $12M because he's "principled," he sacrificed to help out the OSU AD- a (relatively) huge entity that would have been ok either way.

However, his "sacrifice" screwed a lot of college kids and his assistant coaches.

So, if you think it's really noble that he helped out OSU while screwing kids and coaches, then I guess that's just like your opinion, man.
Those OSU kids feel screwed?

Back