What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

If he left $12 million on the table his agent had to be very unhappy.

Say the agents fee was 4% of all money earned that would mean $480,000. Ouch
Standing on principle, or the appearance of it, may well be his leverage into a new gig. Some will think its showboating, some will admire him for his actions. He just needs that agent to find an AD who's the latter.

Well he probably shouldn't have been in charge of 4 out of the 11 positions on defense then.

I guess my point is, you are paying coordinators significantly more money to coordinate/call plays. That should be far and away the top priority because it is not a small task. The other seven (soon to be eight) assistants need to be doing most of the recruiting. Let the coordinators focus on a handful of important guys, but you cannot/should not have your coordinators doing everything, it just is not possible.

Standing on principle, or the appearance of it, may well be his leverage into a new gig. Some will think its showboating, some will admire him for his actions. He just needs that agent to find an AD who's the latter.

He may not get as much money but he will have the opportunity to coach if he wants it. He has been a winner before OSU, two P5 schools hired him, he is still a "name" coach. Some AD will consider him the "safe" hire and give him a job.

Leavitt's family did not move and will not be moving to Oregon. Is that telling? He's missed out on millions of career earnings, has a young wife and 2 small kids and is past 60. The guy is looking for the one big pay day (and nobody should blame him). /speculation.

Also - I almost posted on Friday that it had become pretty obvious that our D wasn't suffering because of the loss of Leavitt. After the Arizona Fiasco, I am sure of nothing. But up until that time, Our D had played better than I expected and as good as I would have expected under Leavitt. So that's just not a point to delve into in my opinion.

I guess my point is, you are paying coordinators significantly more money to coordinate/call plays. That should be far and away the top priority because it is not a small task. The other seven (soon to be eight) assistants need to be doing most of the recruiting. Let the coordinators focus on a handful of important guys, but you cannot/should not have your coordinators doing everything, it just is not possible.

I agree in terms of a time commitment and hitting the road hard. But much of recruiting is reputation and contacts. Leavitt didn't really have much of either having not coached CFB for awhile and not been a coordinator in forever. The schtick about being the 49ers LB coach doesn't carry much (See Jon Embree and Eric Bienemy).

The top coordinators recruit just by reputation and don't have to spend a ton of time doing it. Clerical staff just have to fire up the twitter/snapchat machine.

Not sure why we're supposed to hate on Leavitt. He used CU as a stepping stone. Are you guys going to hate Chev when he moves on? Yeah, I know, **** me !!. :)

Leavitt's family did not move and will not be moving to Oregon. Is that telling? He's missed out on millions of career earnings, has a young wife and 2 small kids and is past 60. The guy is looking for the one big pay day (and nobody should blame him). /speculation.

Also - I almost posted on Friday that it had become pretty obvious that our D wasn't suffering because of the loss of Leavitt. After the Arizona Fiasco, I am sure of nothing. But up until that time, Our D had played better than I expected and as good as I would have expected under Leavitt. So that's just not a point to delve into in my opinion.
The defense held it's own against UCLA and Washington and got murdered by Arizona. That should confirm everything I said after the Arizona game; their offensive scheme and style is/was an extremely bad matchup for our defensive personnel. Jim Leavitt wouldn't have made made a difference.

Would you want to be an assistant under him?

I had been a big fan of Anderson. It looks to me as though he had a mental breakdown. The texts where he threw his assistants under the bus is so whack.

Most of the assistant pool worked with him. Many for years. Most have had a lot of success.

Think he went mental. Probably awhile ago and that's had an impact on the team all year.

Would you want to be a player under him?
Would you want to go into military battle under him?

The going got too tough so he turned tail and ran. He has a history of quitting.
His calculated move to leave 12 mil behind is not noble, IMO it's merely designed to appear noble to mask the fact that he QUIT on a group of young men that needed leadership now more than ever. Worse yet, he leaves them in the hands of a bunch of AC's that he believes are worthless.
Quitter. Hopefully his sorry career as a Head Coach is over.

I had been a big fan of Anderson. It looks to me as though he had a mental breakdown. The texts where he threw his assistants under the bus is so whack.

Most of the assistant pool worked with him. Many for years. Most have had a lot of success.

Think he went mental. Probably awhile ago and that's had an impact on the team all year.

If he went mental then that is even more of an indictment. A HC that has a history of quitting if things don't break his way and that cracks under pressure. If he ever gets another HC chance I will be amazed and will wait for the inevitable CRACKing sound.

I think HWSRN is a better guy than Anderson. I know Embree is.
Embree, to his credit, never abandoned ship with all passengers and crew still aboard in one of the worst CFB ****shows ever seen.

Probably pays ok, and there's a sucker born every minute (extrapolating the birth rate in P.T. Barnum's day, there is no shortage of dumbasses in today's AC pool).

I had been a big fan of Anderson. It looks to me as though he had a mental breakdown. The texts where he threw his assistants under the bus is so whack..
Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

If I were a betting man, I would say Andersen bailing is more likely to negatively affect OSU's players this weekend than it's going to fire them up. Have to put point on the board quickly and take any residual fire out of them.

That's funny. Stereotypes in play here.

This point is something that gets lost with people talking about Chev becoming full OC. If that happens some day, he will no longer be the Recruiting Coordinator and won't recruit as much off campus. All the more reason to focus on hiring recruiters because we are way too reliant on one guy right now.

Okey dokey....if the coach you are going to play for is not a primary driver in where you sign....then I concur. Don't believe that to be the case. Another interesting observation is that Lindgren does LITTLE recruiting.....whereas Chiv was responsible for over 10 signees...and they are on the same level? Crazy. Now go take on the day!

You played yourself. If Leavitt was the awesome recruiter you claim he is, we would have a tremendous, or at least good, 2016 class in the front-seven. The depth chart shows three guys from the 2016 class in the three-deep of the front-seven, two are third-stringers and the third is a backup. The 2017 class, signed after Leavitt left, is better in the front-seven, with two backups and two third-stringers on the depth chart as true freshmen.

I talked to Jody last week. Yes. They plan to move to Oregon.

The defense held it's own against UCLA and Washington and got murdered by Arizona. That should confirm everything I said after the Arizona game; their offensive scheme and style is/was an extremely bad matchup for our defensive personnel. Jim Leavitt wouldn't have made made a difference.

We're very slow at the positions that you need to be able to contain the QB at. I'm not sure why people struggle to comprehend this.

We're very slow at the positions that you need to be able to contain the QB at. I'm not sure why people struggle to comprehend this.
Not only that, but you need extremely athletic DL, especially NT, and we simply don't have that. Does anybody really believe Arizona's offense is better than UCLA or Washington, who CU's defense was much better against?

Watching Leo Jackson get optioned on one of the TDs was so sad. He ignored the RB, crashed down on the QB, and got toasted anyway.

He's our best DL.

He only played half or a third of the snaps that the 2016 starters did for a reason.

Gillam was a part-time player and not the same player he was as a true freshman, but he still could make some plays (4 sacks). We miss that ability.

Yes, there is a talent deficiency on the defense this year and the recruiting needs to improve significantly. But there is enough speed at key positions (Lewis, Moeller, Worthington) to keep the QB under 300 yards rushing. What we saw was just a total breakdown of assignments and fundamentals. I've never seen anything like it.

Back