What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/17 - 10/21

Some very surprising scores in games in action right now.

Virginia is terrible, just a really bad team but somehow they are only down 17-14 to (10) North Carolina.

And somehow the Sheep have gotten it together enough to lead UNLV 13-3 on the road.

It was correct by the letter of the law.

So a vaguely worded call that is so little known that neither coach even knew about it just so happens to come into play to wipe six points off the board at the very end of a game even though it wasn't called on the field.

Nothing sketchy about that.

So a vaguely worded call that is so little known that neither coach even knew about it just so happens to come into play to wipe six points off the board even though it wasn't called on the field.

Nothing weird about that.

It's weird, but also makes a lot of sense. Fake fair catching would be pretty easy.

It's weird, but also makes a lot of sense. Fake fair catching would be pretty easy.

I don't disagree with that. I'm not sure how anyone with a functional knowledge of football would confuse what that kid did with a fake fair catch. I think what is ****ed up about it is that no one on the field from either team or the refs thought for one second that he had called for a fair catch. I am all for penalizing people who try to get an unfair advantage, but no one played it as if he has tried that.

I'm just cynical in my old age, probably.

Some very surprising scores in games in action right now.

Virginia is terrible, just a really bad team but somehow they are only down 17-14 to (10) North Carolina.

And somehow the Sheep have gotten it together enough to lead UNLV 13-3 on the road.

UNLV is the most overrated team in the country and it not even close. Their opponents thus far are like 9-22 or something like that, and I think I saw that 3 of those wins were over FCS teams.

CSU beating UNLV is nothing exciting.

I don't disagree with that. I'm not sure how anyone with a functional knowledge of football would confuse what that kid did with a fake fair catch. I think what is ****ed up about it is that no one on the field from either team or the refs thought for one second that he had called for a fair catch. I am all for penalizing people who try to get an unfair advantage, but no one played it as if he has tried that.

I get that, but how would you reasonably enforce it otherwise? ****ty, but there were other ways for the Iowa player to motion.

I get that, but how would you reasonably enforce it otherwise? ****ty, but there were other ways for the Iowa player to motion.

No argument there. I feel bad for Iowa, they have wasted years of a CFP level defense because their head coach can't bear to fire his own kid.

No argument there. I feel bad for Iowa, they have wasted years of a CFP level defense because their head coach can't bear to fire his own kid.

Brian Ferentz will not even come close to meeting a contract stipulation which requires average offense.

Brian Ferentz will not even come close to meeting a contract stipulation which requires average offense.

That was forced on Kirk though, right? That's not his doing, iirc.

I'm sure they'll complain that it wasn't fair with McNamara being hurt, but he wasn't going to get there even before then.

I dunno though, Duff. We might end up hearing this guy had the wrong interpretation of the rules. We see guys wave their teammates off the ball and end up advancing it.

I just saw the replay again and it is still a fair catch by the letter of the rule.

The returner may have felt he was waving his teammates away from the ball but his left arm was making waving motions and he hand was level to or above his shoulders on at least a couple of the waves. That by rule is a fair catch signal.

They have to be consistent with the rule because you are asking players on coverage to make an instant decision about hitting an opponent at full speed while running down field at full speed and avoiding blockers.

For the safety of the players it is much better that if in any doubt it is a fair catch.

I dunno though, Duff. We might end up hearing this guy had the wrong interpretation of the rules. We see guys wave their teammates off the ball and end up advancing it.

Here's the rule:

Translation - you wave one arm, you can't advance.

Need to find it, but I saw a link that the ref is going off a pretty cut and dried interpretation. Any waving is an invalid signal.

UNLV is the most overrated team in the country and it not even close. Their opponents thus far are like 9-22 or something like that, and I think I saw that 3 of those wins were over FCS teams.

Both of those teams are going to lose by double digits next week-CSU's hosting AFA and UNLV goes to Fresno.

And just like that UNLV has the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter.

If CSU loses another game that they had a solid lead their remaining fans are going to freak out.

Utah is such a bad matchup for us.

I wish there was a way we could teach tackling, line play, and fundamentals like Utah. They always get the best out of limited talent and their physicality is such an equalizer
It’s best on best in that matchup. Our offense vs their defense. Their offense is very meh and making SC’s defense look very good. Obviously our defense might be worse, but we’ve seen it play tough from time to time.

Back