What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Other games 10/3 - 10/5

I’ll believe a 2 loss SEC team doesn’t make it when I see it

If the committee does their due diligence and looks more deeply at a given team's schedule then it's hard to justify putting a 2-loss Mizzou in if their only quality win ends up being OU, and only a semi-quality win at that.

And Ole Miss has the same problem with their schedule.

The caveat is it depends on what other teams are in the mix for CFP contention and what their respective schedules look like.

They moved to an easier conference.

GIF by Giphy QA

If the committee does their due diligence and looks more deeply at a given team's schedule then it's hard to justify putting a 2-loss Mizzou in if their only quality win ends up being OU, and only a semi-quality win at that.

And Ole Miss has the same problem with their schedule.

The caveat is it depends on what other teams are in the mix for CFP contention and what their respective schedules look like.
The last few at large bids are going to drive home the stupidity of 16 to 18 team conferences.

Schedule making will have a huge impact on playoff chances.

I think you need the round robbin scheduling of smaller conferences or divisions with division winners in the CCG for a fairer system.

Feels like the entire sport is wide open. No great teams right now, IMO. Maybe Texas
As talented as Texas is I'll believe they can be champions when they get through the season without blowing it at least once. They have a long history.

This might be a result of the new transfer rules. Teams that used to be able to hold a guy on the bench for a year or two then use them to reload are instead seeing those guys playing someplace else.

SMU's gonna be ranked next week, aren't they?
I'd have them in my top 25. 5-1 coming off a road win vs a ranked team. Only loss was a close one to BYU and no one knew how good BYU was this year at the time.

Also, after last week's games (September in the books) is the week rankings should start if we wanted them to be credible instead of for entertainment purposes. Get rid of preseason bias and evaluate based on what teams actually showed on the field. Starting them in the preseason means there's a bias that carries forward.

I'm choosing to chalk this up as him just being a football guy and appreciating a team style that wins in an unconventional way.

Trying not to focus on the fact that an OC liking the Iowa brand of football might suggest that the guy sucks as an OC.

Fun to joke about, but they are now losing 21-0 because their offense ****s the bed against every above average defense. Must be near impossible to recruit the skill positions under those circumstances.

I'm choosing to chalk this up as him just being a football guy and appreciating a team style that wins in an unconventional way.

Trying not to focus on the fact that an OC liking the Iowa brand of football might suggest that the guy sucks as an OC.
It’s pretty wild looking at his career as a coach and how he basically retired and is now a local radio guy. Is there anyone from that 2022 Buffs staff still coaching or did Karl Dorrell kill everyone’s career?

Fun to joke about, but they are now losing 21-0 because their offense ****s the bed against every above average defense. Must be near impossible to recruit the skill positions under those circumstances.
It must be frustrating as a fan knowing you’ll make a bowl game every year and probably win 8-10 games, but you’ll never truly compete for a B1G or CFP championship because your coach wants to maintain the same old **** style of play

It’s pretty wild looking at his career as a coach and how he basically retired and is now a local radio guy. Is there anyone from that 2022 Buffs staff still coaching or did Karl Dorrell kill everyone’s career?
That was forced by his wife. They live in Firestone next door to the brother of one of my uncles. He told me that the wife was tired of moving and wanted to stay put for awhile. They had 3 elementary age kids. He said Mike is a really nice guy, good neighbor.

Back