What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/21 - 11/25

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
In the words of “Dandy Don Meredith” for those of you old enough to remember him
"Turn out the lights, the party’s over.” At least for the regular season after this week.

Football fans will be able to enjoy the leftovers of a Thanksgiving weekend. A lot of teams with one more chance at another slice of football by qualifying for a bowl. More are looking to add some gravy with a better bowl game, and a few are looking to stuff themselves into position for a conference championship game or even a playoff berth.

Most though are stuck with the leftover celery salad and a long off-season hoping that next year ends in a better menu.

As usual the MAC gives us the appetizers Tuesday night and like that strange uncle nobody pays much attention to brings they aren’t notable.

Bowling Green (6-5) is already in but want another win at Western Michigan (4-7) who is done.

Buffalo (3-8) has been out of it for a while but would like to deny Eastern Michigan (5-6) their qualifying win.

No games on Wednesday but Thursday has the Egg Bowl. (13) Mississippi (9-2) is at Mississippi State (5-6.) A home team win would put them in a bowl game and would be one of the biggest upsets of the year as Ole’ Miss has only lost this year to (8) Alabama and (1) Georgia.

Friday load up on the leftovers, settle in and enjoy some games we hope don’t turn into turkeys.

The Friday game should give Nebraska (5-6) an extra day on their off-season as (16) Iowa (9-2) visits and denies them the bowl they have been dreaming of for a few years. It is likely to be close because while Iowa’s offense has set the game back decades their defense will feast on the fusker mistakes. Iowa has already clinched a spot in the B1G championship game, fusker fans will simply clinch their butts and claim another Noral victory. Not a Moral victory, a Noral victory because in college football you can’t spell Moral Victory without a big, block N.

If you aren’t inclined to inflict Big Ten boredom on yourself you can watch TCU (5-6) try to gain a bowl slot at (14) Oklahoma (9-2.) This game doesn’t look close until you realize that the Sooners have lost 2 of their last 4 and struggled to beat BYU last week.

Also playing early are Boston College (6-5) at Miami (6-5.)

Midday we get Air Force (8-3) at Boise (6-5.) Air Force has lost 3 games in a row, Boise fired their coach so these are two teams trying to right the ship before bowl season.

Arkansas (4-7) fans were wondering when Head Coach Sam Pittman would be fired but the schools AD has announced he will be back next year. (9) Missouri (9-2) comes in to put an ugly end to their season.

Later Texas Tech (6-5) would like to put an end to (7) Texas (10-1) playoff hopes.

The Pervert Cup game brings (12) Penn State (9-2) to Michigan State (4-7) ending yet another Spartan season disrupted by bad morals.

The Biggest Game on Friday is a PAC12 game. Oregon’s Civil War series ends as a conference game with (11) Oregon State (8-3) looking to end (6) Oregon’s (10-1) playoff hopes.

If you didn’t get your fill on Friday then Saturday should satisfy any remaining appetite.

Don’t sleep late. Game of the week is (2) Ohio State at (3) Michigan. Even without cheating coaches there this should be a great game.

Texas A&M (7-4) is another school that fired their coach but would love to beat (15) LSU (8-3.)

A few weeks ago this one looked like it would be a big game but Kentucky (6-5) has lost 5 of their last 6 and host (10) Louisville (10-1) wants to finish in the top 10 and maybe even sneak into the playoff. Unlikely but they can dream.

It is fitting that two of the worst teams in college football would end against each other. UConn (2-9) is at UMass (3-8) in the garbage game of the week.

Another cross state rivalry puts Virginia Tech (5-6) at Virginia (3-8.) Virginia has rebounded from losing their first 5 games and would love to deny Virginia Tech bowl eligibility.

A number of other in state rivalries are playing as well but don’t look to be particularly close this year.

The Iron Bowl has traditionally been a great game but (8) Alabama (10-1) and Auburn (6-5) look to be going opposite directions as the season ends.

Also going opposite directions (5) Florida State (11-0) is at Florida (5-6.)

Georgia Tech (6-5) is glad they are already bowl eligible because (1) Georgia (11-0) doesn’t give them much chance for another win.

South Carolina (5-6) is another school trying to get that 6th win hosting in-state (24) Clemson (7-4) who isn’t used to being this close to falling out of the rankings.

(22) North Carolina (8-3) host North Carolina State (8-3.)
Other PAC 12 battles include (15) Arizona (8-3) at Arizona State (3-8) for the Sunburn Cup.

The Apple Cup is also in it’s last year as a conference game with Washington State (5-6) hoping for bowl eligibility and to ruin playoff hopes for (4) Washington (11-0.)

Closer to home Colorado State (5-6) is somehow one win from a bowl playing at Hawaii (4-8.) Some bowl is hoping intensely that the Sheep and their 150 fans don’t get that win.

Wyoming (7-4) is at Nevada (2-9) and already qualified to take their fans someplace warmer than Laramie, as if there is anyplace that isn’t warmer than Laramie in December.

Northern Colorado is mercifully done for the year.

Colorado Mines (11-0) is far from done opening their playoff run at home against Augustana (11-1) who beat Minnesota State last weekend.

Western Colorado is out after being upset last weekend.

My dad used to sing a bit of "Turn out the lights. The party's over. All good things must come to an end" in a painful rendition of Meredith's MNF schtick. Thanks for bringing back a memory that gave me a smile and I hadn't thought of in a long while. 👍🙂

The college football season every year

Aging Matt Damon GIF

It's amazing how much I care when the Buffs are doing well and how little I care when they aren't.

I'll still watch an entire slate of games on a Saturday, but the fun is so much less for me.

I guess I'm rooting for Washington even though I hate them because it would be nice to see a Pac-12 team in the playoff and I can't root for Oregon in the Civil War. I hope Lanning chokes against a rival once again.

I'm still rooting for Michigan because I really want them to win all their games and then have them all vacated.

It's amazing how much I care when the Buffs are doing well and how little I care when they aren't.

I'll still watch an entire slate of games on a Saturday, but the fun is so much less for me.

I guess I'm rooting for Washington even though I hate them because it would be nice to see a Pac-12 team in the playoff and I can't root for Oregon in the Civil War. I hope Lanning chokes against a rival once again.

I'm still rooting for Michigan because I really want them to win all their games and then have them all vacated.
Highly unlikely because you have to actually score points to win but it would be hilarious to see Iowa beat the winner of MU-tOSU in the CCG.

Highly unlikely because you have to actually score points to win but it would be hilarious to see Iowa beat the winner of MU-tOSU in the CCG.

Iowa wins the Big Ten title when UM has to forfeit the CCG that they won 35 - 0.

Iowa wins the Big Ten title when UM has to forfeit the CCG that they won 35 - 0.
And Nebraska will claim it as a Noral victory because Iowa only beat them by 8 points and the refs shouldn't have counted a defensive touchdown and a FG off another turnover because the Iowa players laughed at Nebraska which in their book is taunting. That would them make them the champ.

The Pervert Cup? 😂 I feel like that needs to be an actual trophy. Another masterpiece @MtnBuff.

Because Fresno crapped the bed last week in a game very few people saw, AFA is in the MWC championship game with a win on Friday.

I've said it on here before. Air Force games are fun. The traditions are really cool. Took advantage of a couple weekends where CU happened to play on Friday to go down there.

Growing up in the 719, Air Force would give tickets to the high school football teams around the area, so I went to some AFA games for free, plus a few times where we just went because it was really the only college game we could go to without having to make an overnight out of it. It really is fun.

The games they gave us tickets to were usually like The Citadel and whatnot, but we went to AFA-ND in like 1985 or so, where AFA blocked a potential game winning FG by the Irish and ran it back for a TD to seal the victory. It was awesome.

I've said it on here before. Air Force games are fun. The traditions are really cool. Took advantage of a couple weekends where CU happened to play on Friday to go down there.
96 was probably having a little fun but you are right, I'd rather watch a game in Falcon Stadium than in a lot of P5 venues.

The pageantry is impressive, the cadet wing marching in, the coordinated cheers, the falcon shows, the flybys, and more make it an event. The football itself is also a lot of fun, a different style and the execute it to perfection.

Games in Laramie are fun as well, small state smaller crowds but those people get into it and enjoy themselves.

Even the good small schools can be a lot of fun. CSU Pueblo is a fun experience and they are usually a good team so the quality of play is very high. Guys might be a step slower or 20lbs lighter than D1 the play is worth watching.

People in the Denver area who haven't gone out to Mines for a game are missing something. A national championship contending team and the new stadium makes for a lot of fun.

When the MWC schedule comes out, every Wyoming and AFA game makes my calendar as a "??" event (?? = If nothing else more interesting is going on and I can convince someone else to join and I can find cheap tickets).

I've made a game at one or the other slightly more than every other year since being in CO.

Growing up in the 719, Air Force would give tickets to the high school football teams around the area, so I went to some AFA games for free, plus a few times where we just went because it was really the only college game we could go to without having to make an overnight out of it. It really is fun.

The games they gave us tickets to were usually like The Citadel and whatnot, but we went to AFA-ND in like 1985 or so, where AFA blocked a potential game winning FG by the Irish and ran it back for a TD to seal the victory. It was awesome.
That had to be cool!

96 was probably having a little fun but you are right, I'd rather watch a game in Falcon Stadium than in a lot of P5 venues.

The pageantry is impressive, the cadet wing marching in, the coordinated cheers, the falcon shows, the flybys, and more make it an event. The football itself is also a lot of fun, a different style and the execute it to perfection.

Games in Laramie are fun as well, small state smaller crowds but those people get into it and enjoy themselves.

Even the good small schools can be a lot of fun. CSU Pueblo is a fun experience and they are usually a good team so the quality of play is very high. Guys might be a step slower or 20lbs lighter than D1 the play is worth watching.

People in the Denver area who haven't gone out to Mines for a game are missing something. A national championship contending team and the new stadium makes for a lot of fun.
I'd love to go see Wyoming against a power opponent. I can't understand why teams like Texas Tech still go up there.

Air Force didn't last week. Their ideal QB is one that can throw it a little bit. The kid they started was like 0-5, and they wound up putting in another kid for passing situations. Still like it a lot, and that's a great place to take kids to a football game.

Am I the only one who is considering betting the under in the Nub game tomorrow? I fully expect it to set football back 20 years.

Am I the only one who is considering betting the under in the Nub game tomorrow? I fully expect it to set football back 20 years.
Line is already at 25.5, Give a couple of scores set up by the defense and you are almost over. Even a caveman era 16-10 score puts you over.

Line is already at 25.5, Give a couple of scores set up by the defense and you are almost over. Even a caveman era 16-10 score puts you over.

Not sure if you've ever seen Deacon Hill play QB for Iowa, but even their defense setting them up deep in Nub territory guarantees them nothing.

Not sure if you've ever seen Deacon Hill play QB for Iowa, but even their defense setting them up deep in Nub territory guarantees them nothing.
Playing QB is a generous description. He takes the snaps and they are happy if they don't lose yardage.

That said Nebraska is a mistake machine. Would not be a shock to see Iowa outscore it's own offense with points generated by the defense and special teams.

Also would not be a shock for Nebraska to have over 100 more yards of total offense and still lose by double digits.

Back