What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/31 - 9/4

Which Pac 12 program will lose first?

In order or kickoff next week…

CU vs Nebraska
Utah @ Baylor
Washington vs Tulsa
Oregon @ TT
Washington State vs Wisconsin
Arizona @ Miss State
UCLA @ SDSU
Oregon State vs UC Davis
Arizona State vs Oklahoma State
Cal vs Auburn
Stanford @ USC

I think Arizona, ASU, Cal and Stanford all lose. Probably Washington State too but that one’s more of a toss up probably
I could see UU being upset. Bailor was just embarrassed, and it’s going to be hot as balls in Waco

If we don't get that, we might very well get to the playoffs but when we go against the real contenders it will go like it did for Riley's OU teams.
Prime’s recruiting is totally looking like he knows that he can and will focus on getting the big boys this time around.

Again, going back to the scheduling for week one… Clemson vs Duke? Ugh come on.

CFB has one week without the NFL and they put games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and there were a total of 4 compelling matchups the entire weekend and ultimately only 2-3 games that actually were worth watching.

I suppose having mediocre to below average matchups in week one still draws eyeballs so maybe that’s why, but I can’t help but think they would pull NFL number in ratings had the networks put out a better slate.

CFB has one week without the NFL and they put games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and there were a total of 4 compelling matchups the entire weekend and ultimately only 2-3 games that actually were worth watching.

I suppose having mediocre to below average matchups in week one still draws eyeballs so maybe that’s why, but I can’t help but think they would pull NFL number in ratings had the networks put out a better slate.

I think the answer here is that the SEC went 1-3 against their only P5 opponents this week.

If the SEC can dedicate a week to playing the sisters of the poor in November prior to rivalry week then everyone should be able to find a way to scatter these cupcake games throughout the other weeks. I get teams want the warm up to start the year but no one cares to watch a random blowout on TV or pay to sit in 100 degrees to watch it. I think it would be beneficial later in the year like another bye week to rest some top players after a quarter or two as well.

I wouldn't bet this, but Texas Tech beating Oregon wouldn't floor me. They choked in Laramie, and they know it. That's a better football team than they showed last night.

I'm not calling for either Utah or Oregon to lose but despite what happened last week both have tough road games. Wouldn't be that surprised if one of them got upset.

I'm not calling for either Utah or Oregon to lose but despite what happened last week both have tough road games. Wouldn't be that surprised if one of them got upset.
No question. I'm not sure what to make of the Baylor game-outside of GJ Kinne and staff used the portal almost as well as Prime did.

If the SEC can dedicate a week to playing the sisters of the poor in November prior to rivalry week then everyone should be able to find a way to scatter these cupcake games throughout the other weeks. I get teams want the warm up to start the year but no one cares to watch a random blowout on TV or pay to sit in 100 degrees to watch it. I think it would be beneficial later in the year like another bye week to rest some top players after a quarter or two as well.
Now that the conferences are all huge require a 9 game conference schedule and don't allow FCS games to count in a teams record.

If you want to have a warm up game and they want to provide the revenue opportunities to the FCS or lower G5 schools extend fall training camp by a week and allow BCS level schools to bring in an FCS (or even D2 for some of the G5) school for an open scrimmage. Most P5 schools could sell at least half as many seats as they do for a normal game and generate some significant revenue.

This would let them get some live action against somebody they haven't been practicing against, make money for both schools, and since there is no obligation to look good for the polls they could play backups even earlier and not need to put up a ridiculous score.

To extend this you could even do the same thing at the end of Spring practice.

I get your overall point but while it's not a marquee game or Must See football Duke was 9-4 last year and returns a lot of starters. Clemson QB Klubnik was still a work in progress last year. Could be competitive and much closer than the 13 point line....It takes a lot of cojones for the big name teams to schedule high-stakes games early, a la LSU-FSU.

Last edited:
No question. I'm not sure what to make of the Baylor game-outside of GJ Kinne and staff used the portal almost as well as Prime did.
OMG! I was watching the Texas State game and was looking at their head coach asking... where do I know him from... DAMN... Former Phila Eagles practice guy that I think was signed when Vick got hurt.

I saw only the 4th Quarter, but he looks like a confident coach that is headed upward.

OMG! I was watching the Texas State game and was looking at their head coach asking... where do I know him from... DAMN... Former Phila Eagles practice guy that I think was signed when Vick got hurt.

I saw only the 4th Quarter, but he looks like a confident coach that is headed upward.
He's a hell of a coach. I watched a lot of IW games in full last year so my scouting report is great on them. He was my top rated coach in the FCS. Prime beat him at things that matter for the FBS and HBCUs more than the FCS in general but Kinne, Sanders and FAMUs Coach Simmons are the best FCS coaches by a mile and they are better than most in the FBS too.

Texas State was also in the Top 5 or 10 for most transfers taken. The portal is a whole new world for how quick a team can be turned around with good coaches. Programs are going to need to adapt or die and a lot of complacent programs who maintain success through inertia are going to struggle in the new era until they make changes.

Texas State was also in the Top 5 or 10 for most transfers taken. The portal is a whole new world for how quick a team can be turned around with good coaches. Programs are going to need to adapt or die and a lot of complacent programs who maintain success through inertia are going to struggle in the new era until they make changes.
You are right. The transfer portal is this whole new facet of college football that needs to be managed correctly. It matters for every non-power 5 (4) school because they are going to be used as a showcase to get into one of those Power 5 (4). Trent Dilfer at UAB has already figured it out. He has openly said: come to UAB and I will get you to a Power 5 (4) school. That is the best way IMO, that someone NOT in a P-5 (4) school can recruit.

The non Power conference teams are going to lose their best players every year until there are rule changes.

I get your overall point but while it's not a marquee game or Must See football Duke was 9-4 last year and returns a lot of starters. Clemson QB Klubnik was still a work in progress last year. Could be competitive and much closer than the 13 point line....It takes a lot of cojones for the big name teams to schedule high-stakes games early, a la LSU-FSU.
It takes cojones, but the reward is bigger.

LSU can overcome this loss. Play clean the rest of the way and they are still in the playoff. Had they won and even one or maybe two SEC losses wouldn't have kept them out.

FSU as well had they lost could have overcome it but the win will be a big point in their favor if it comes down to them or some other school with a similar W-L record.

You are right. The transfer portal is this whole new facet of college football that needs to be managed correctly. It matters for every non-power 5 (4) school because they are going to be used as a showcase to get into one of those Power 5 (4). Trent Dilfer at UAB has already figured it out. He has openly said: come to UAB and I will get you to a Power 5 (4) school. That is the best way IMO, that someone NOT in a P-5 (4) school can recruit.

The non Power conference teams are going to lose their best players every year until there are rule changes.
You are right, those schools are going to lose players.

The upside is that they will have those players for one or two years. Also for every player who they bring in that later transfers to a top 25 type program they should also get 3-4 more with that kind of aspirations who turn out to be very good G5 players but not targets of the top 25.

We have seen how many guys go into the portal every year but we have also seen that the huge majority of those guys don't end up going to a top program. Dilfer can tell them "So you didn't get the offer from a school you wanted, stick around and we will get you some tape you can show the pros and still get your shot.

Eventually he will get some of those guys on NFL rosters and add to the appeal.

Like Prime, most of their transfers, 9 were from IWU like Colorado has 10 from Jackson State. Kinne and Sanders are the real deal. People really need to keep an eye on the FCS. Some great football is played there.

Like Prime, most of their transfers, 9 were from IWU like Colorado has 10 from Jackson State. Kinne and Sanders are the real deal. People really need to keep an eye on the FCS. Some great football is played there.
Texas State may not lose this year. Check out that schedule.

Back