What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/26-9/28

I actually thought UCLA looked better with their backup over DTR.

Tate has a hamstring issue, so if he opens it up scrambling a lot, he may reaggravate it. You could also make an argument that the AZ backup QB is better than a less than mobile Tate.

He threw for 350 and 5 TDs LY. If he's gimpy but he plays, the more he runs, the better off we are.

He threw for 350 and 5 TDs LY. If he's gimpy but he plays, the more he runs, the better off we are.

True. The threat of Tate running opens up the downfield passing routes, which is what makes him so good. If he isn’t a threat to run, not much different than his backup imo, although he’s torched CU.

The conference is very unpredictable this year. There is no single dominant team but there alot of good, solid teams. There aren't any sure wins in this conference but there are also no unwinnable games either. Our win over ASU now looks really good after they won at Cal on Friday night.

7-5 if we can stay reasonably healthy.

USC is bipolar. Never know which team is showing up week to week.

This statement seems to apply to most schools in the conference. We can predict the outcome of games based on what we have seen then have one team show up and play out of their mind and the other play like they didn't want to get off the bus.

USC does it but so does Washington State failing to play defense against a bad UCLA team or Cal playing well enough to get ranked then playing poorly against an Arizona State team that looked limited the week before.

Even with CU we wonder will we get the Buffs team that beat kNU and ASU or the team that failed to handle a MWC team in Air Force.

Seems like every year we get a team that should logically go undefeated in conference lose a game against some mid-level team helping knock the conference out of the playoff chase.

This statement seems to apply to most schools in the conference. We can predict the outcome of games based on what we have seen then have one team show up and play out of their mind and the other play like they didn't want to get off the bus.

USC does it but so does Washington State failing to play defense against a bad UCLA team or Cal playing well enough to get ranked then playing poorly against an Arizona State team that looked limited the week before.

Even with CU we wonder will we get the Buffs team that beat kNU and ASU or the team that failed to handle a MWC team in Air Force.

Seems like every year we get a team that should logically go undefeated in conference lose a game against some mid-level team helping knock the conference out of the playoff chase.

Cal-ASU was a four quarter game between two pretty good teams. Same with CU-ASU. Not sure those games had much to do with one team playing poorly. That does not really reflect those teams being bipolar.

And given the fact Wazzu stunk it up on defense again last night, they just might not be very good on that side of ball, but got away playing nobodies OOC.

Cal-ASU was a four quarter game between two pretty good teams. Same with CU-ASU. Not sure those games had much to do with one team playing poorly. That does not really reflect those teams being bipolar.

And given the fact Wazzu stunk it up on defense again last night, they just might not be very good on that side of ball, but got away playing nobodies OOC.
They are now 2 years post Grinch. I was surprised they were as good as they were on D last year, but if their replacement DC isn't in the same class (or the talent is dropping off) you would expect to see significant cracks in year 2. I'd say Utah putting up 500 yards of offense is a big ol crack.

They are now 2 years post Grinch. I was surprised they were as good as they were on D last year, but if their replacement DC isn't in the same class (or the talent is dropping off) you would expect to see significant cracks in year 2. I'd say Utah putting up 500 yards of offense is a big ol crack.

Grinch is coach of the century in my mind for getting a Mike Leach team to play legit defense

Grinch is coach of the century in my mind for getting a Mike Leach team to play legit defense

Land thief fans think he's the 2nd coming, atm. But it's been an odd, down year for bigtex conference offenses so far, save for OU and tejass (at times). And the boomers biggest defensive challenge came from a team with a losing record and 2 star players now redshirting.

We'll know a lot more after the RRR

Land thief fans think he's the 2nd coming, atm. But it's been an odd, down year for bigtex conference offenses so far, save for OU and tejass (at times). And the boomers biggest defensive challenge came from a team with a losing record and 2 star players now redshirting.

We'll know a lot more after the RRR

We will, but Texas did drop quite a few points on a Dave Aranda LSU defense, so their offense is pretty legit.

Oklahoma should stifle pretty much every other offense on their schedule, save maybe Okie St. But Grinch's amazing work will always be the Wazzu years

@ Arizona State
CU
@ Oregon
@ Cal

2-2 in that stretch would be pretty good. But the bottom might also fall out.

Back