What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Nov 5th - Opening Week Games

High scoring game between Virginia and Syracuse. Virginia 48, Cuse 34. :D Virginia's type game, I suppose.

I think it's time for Boeheim to call it a day...but they only give up the money out of their cold, dead hands.

I noticed that CSU is playing Duke in Cameron tonight, wth

Yeah, Duke plays a pretty tough schedule, but there will always be some mid-majors and cream puffs sprinkled in the OOC plate. This game was agreed to last year I think??? One of CSU's guards is yapping that they're coming to Cameron to win...:rolleyes:

It's odd...I'm a CO guy, so I'm cool if CSU succeeds so long as it's not against CU. However...I ****ing can't stand their bball team. Maybe it's because they're actually legit sometimes, and CU isn't that great historically. It's not like football where historically CU is just better, even during one of the toughest stretch of suckitude in our history, we're better. Bball, not always the case. I can't stand their bball program. Duke isn't the best team this year, but not only do I want them to win of course, I want them to destroy CSU's confidence beyond repair. I want Milt Palacio to disown CSU, bc they get embarrassed so bad tonight.

Yeah, Duke plays a pretty tough schedule, but there will always be some mid-majors and cream puffs sprinkled in the OOC plate. This game was agreed to last year I think??? One of CSU's guards is yapping that they're coming to Cameron to win...:rolleyes:

It's odd...I'm a CO guy, so I'm cool if CSU succeeds so long as it's not against CU. However...I ****ing can't stand their bball team. Maybe it's because they're actually legit sometimes, and CU isn't that great historically. It's not like football where historically CU is just better, even during one of the toughest stretch of suckitude in our history, we're better. Bball, not always the case. I can't stand their bball program. Duke isn't the best team this year, but not only do I want them to win of course, I want them to destroy CSU's confidence beyond repair. I want Milt Palacio to disown CSU, bc they get embarrassed so bad tonight.
CSU has had success at times in basketball. That success has generally been very closely tied to how far they are willing to stretch the concept of student-athlete.

College basketball is a game where if you can build a decent roster of run of the mill guys then add a couple of outstanding players you can win a lot of games. CSU has been more than willing at times to take a few kids who were much higher ranked recruits than they would normally get but who ended up at JCs for academics or who left their initial schools (usually higher profile schools) for various reasons.

Remember that this is the school that not only hired Larry Eustachy despite his history but kept him on in 2017 when an internal investigation recommended firing him, only to have him violate the terms of his second chance and get fired anyways.

James Wiseman has been declared ineligible for the season by the ncaa. Killer for Memphis.

EDIT: already mentioned by Luke and modified by Sewall Beach.

Last edited:
Goats playing tough at the Dookies. That trip to Ft. Collins could be tougher than we think.

The atmosphere at Cameron amazes me. The announcers were saying that the Crazies go in 1.5 hours before tipoff and start taunting the other team when they come out for warmups. Out of curiosity I took a look at tix this morning thinking a game like this would be reasonable but the cheapest tickets on Stubhub started at $226.

No. We're going to work them. Duke isn't as good as people think they are.

(disclaimer - I don't have ACCN, so haven't seen the game) I don't think we're going to work them. CSU is a decent team this year, and we have to be ready. Their center is good and I believe they return a lot of players. We SHOULD win...but I don't think we're working them. Also, I know Duke is highly ranked, but I think everyone that follows Duke somewhat recognizes that Duke isn't that great this season. With that said... ...there was a lot of turnover from last season, so there are a lot of unknowns about every "top" team. Duke could be anywhere from one-and-done to E8 this season.

The atmosphere at Cameron amazes me. The announcers were saying that the Crazies go in 1.5 hours before tipoff and start taunting the other team when they come out for warmups. Out of curiosity I took a look at tix this morning thinking a game like this would be reasonable but the cheapest tickets on Stubhub started at $226.

Dude... ...I went last year for my first game ever. The only game I could afford was against Yale (would have been over 200 bucks if a guy on the Duke boards didn't graciously give me a ticket). Cameron is tiny, but a great venue. The students are so close to the floor. There's a letter from the school president or dean to the students from back in the 80s that's displayed in a case when you walk in. Basically, the president states that the Duke bball fans have gained a reputation for being vulgar and obscene. He sort of chastised the student body and told them to step their game up. He writes to them to be witty but forceful. He would not accept Duke's student body for being known as stupid. As a Duke fan, it was great to read.

(disclaimer - I don't have ACCN, so haven't seen the game) I don't think we're going to work them. CSU is a decent team this year, and we have to be ready. Their center is good and I believe they return a lot of players. We SHOULD win...but I don't think we're working them. Also, I know Duke is highly ranked, but I think everyone that follows Duke somewhat recognizes that Duke isn't that great this season. With that said... ...there was a lot of turnover from last season, so there are a lot of unknowns about every "top" team. Duke could be anywhere from one-and-done to E8 this season.

Dude... ...I went last year for my first game ever. The only game I could afford was against Yale (would have been over 200 bucks if a guy on the Duke boards didn't graciously give me a ticket). Cameron is tiny, but a great venue. The students are so close to the floor. There's a letter from the school president or dean to the students from back in the 80s that's displayed in a case when you walk in. Basically, the president states that the Duke bball fans have gained a reputation for being vulgar and obscene. He sort of chastised the student body and told them to step their game up. He writes to them to be witty but forceful. He would not accept Duke's student body for being known as stupid. As a Duke fan, it was great to read.
Yeah, I think they aren't #4 right now. End of the season, who knows? I don't think they'll win the title, but they'll be a factor.

For an early-season game like this against a nondescript mid-major you'd think the student section might be lacadaisical but not only is it packed they are constantly standing, and making a ton of noise. I fell asleep with the TV on last night and woke up around midnight and ACCN had a show on about the Cameron Crazies and how it all started, the camping out, the orchestrated cheers, etc. Was pretty interesting. I'm wondering if they do the camping out thing for only the bigger conference games or is that for every single game?

And yea going to a game at Cameron is definitely on my bucket list.

How well does Duke travel? With that kind of ticket prices and a lot of their conference games being less that a day's drive away it would make sense that a lot of their fans would show up on the road.

Well, they have a national fan base. I'd think it doesn't matter where they play. As far as their local fans, no idea.

Northwestern lost to something called Merrimack. If that had happened to a Pac-12 school it would’ve been enough reason to keep all Pac teams outside the conference champion out of the dance.

Alaska Anchorage is screwing around with the Coast Guard, who I didn't know had a team, they are only up 7.

How well does Duke travel? With that kind of ticket prices and a lot of their conference games being less that a day's drive away it would make sense that a lot of their fans would show up on the road.

Duke travels well, but it's still a small private school. They just dont have the sheer numbers a lot of alumni based do. Also, just bc Cameron ticket prices are crazy doesnt mean all Duke fans are crazed about sports after they graduate. Of course many are, but from the select few grads I know, they prioritize many things above sports.

Not too many exciting games today

In the Pac-12:
Oregon State beat Iowa State
Cal St Fullerton vs Stanford
Boise State vs Oregon

Other Games:
Nebraska lost to Southern Utah
Texas vs Purdue
Oklahoma vs Minnesota

Back