What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread

@dyemeduke , are you even the slightest but worried about tonight?

It's right and appropriate that both teams are ranked.

Fwiw, i have ZERO faith in ESPN's matchup predictor.

Screenshot_20210112-124412.png

I disagree. It is extremely inappropriate that Duke is ranked.
I have a bias against private schools.
I have a bias against religious institutions.
I generally root against teams that "win too much"

by all reasoning, I should hate Duke. I've tried to, but I fail.

I have incredible respect for Krzyzewski.
Their fans are decent people who love hoops (they have no football fans).
And an old boss of mine (an NC State guy, actually) made the comment about Cameron Indoor and Duke's campus: "there is 'old and outdated' and then there is 'old and venerable'. I don't understand what makes one thing fall into the former or the latter as it ages, but Duke has managed to be 'venerable'"

Just saw the Michigan-Wisconsin highlights on SVP.

UM destroyed them. Went on a 36-3 run. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Watched part of that game. UM defense is legit, but eventually Wisky just couldn't make a shot. They were missing bunnies left and right. Open looks for 3? Clank.

UM looked a lot better than their current ranking. Wisky looked way overrated. At least for 1 game.

I exchanged holiday emails recently with my buddy who's a UM alum ... and with whom I was at the the "Miracle in Michigan" game in '94 when I was still a UM fan, but we don't need to go into that. :cautious:

Anyway ... I said how ****ed up the football season was this year what with Covid cancellations etc. He said he didn't care about CFB or Michigan football anymore (he's been a season ticket holder for like 40 years) ... that Michigan was a basketball school now. I think that's where I'm almost at with CU now.

sorry for the late response - I would have said yes, I'm worried about every game. As it is though, Duke still has talent, so congrats on the win!
They'll get better as the season goes on, I'd think. They are a very young team, the pandemic sure as hell hasn't helped them any. They do have talent like you mentioned.

What the hell happened to Tennessee yesterday, just saw highlights? Florida beat the living **** out of them.

USC's loss the oregon state was huge for the standings, now tied with them and currently have tiebreaker beating them head to head. Oregon and UCLA are ahead of us. Think we have a legit shot at 2nd in the league here.

#20 Clemson got worked by a very mediocre GA Tech squad tonight.

#11 Creighton dropped a home game to a Providence team with a ceiling that's probably the bubble this year.

Most frustrating thing when you look down the box scores tonight is that there are more games postponed than played.

#20 Clemson got worked by a very mediocre GA Tech squad tonight.

#11 Creighton dropped a home game to a Providence team with a ceiling that's probably the bubble this year.

Most frustrating thing when you look down the box scores tonight is that there are more games postponed than played.
Tech / BC was one of those postponed. Last weekend, I remember looking at today on the calendar, seeing CU, VT and Wisconsin were all scheduled to play today, and thinking "damn, I follow three teams and they're all playing on Wed". That's not what i wanted to happen though.

Hurley taking being a whiny little punk to a whole new level

He’s the worst. Of the coaches in the pac I hate, I hate him the most. He has never committed a foul, and neither has anyone on his team. Strangely, I’m a big fan of his brother, who is also a far superior coach. Danny Hurley has actually coached an NCAA tournament win.

Hurley taking being a whiny little punk to a whole new level

Is that supposed to show how ASU players are taught to get into people then dramatically flop in an attempt to draw cheap fouls?

It's the Coach K calling card and I don't think anyone ever did it better than Bobby.

The big question this season still lingers.

We know that Gonzaga & Baylor are 1/2 in some order.

Nova has solidified itself as #3.

But who is #4? Whoever wins the B1G? Houston? It's so muddled after those 3 top teams.

The big question this season still lingers.

We know that Gonzaga & Baylor are 1/2 in some order.

Nova has solidified itself as #3.

But who is #4? Whoever wins the B1G? Houston? It's so muddled after those 3 top teams.
The top three being all private religious institutions makes me ill.

Glad Washington won against Utah and has their next two against wazzu and Oregon state! Hopefully they turn their year around. Also that Hurley Twitter post is hilarious. Basically bitching about reffing if you show that frame a second prior it’s the Arizona guy getting all ball. And then they lost because they didn’t get back on defense. Dudes a clown.

Glad Washington won against Utah and has their next two against wazzu and Oregon state! Hopefully they turn their year around. Also that Hurley Twitter post is hilarious. Basically bitching about reffing if you show that frame a second prior it’s the Arizona guy getting all ball. And then they lost because they didn’t get back on defense. Dudes a clown.

I really enjoyed watching Martin writhe on the ground in fake histrionics while Zona got an absolutely wide open bunny ftw

That TTU-WVU game last night was the best I've seen so far this year. WVU completed a comeback on its final possession. I don't think they missed a shot against that Tech defense over the final 9+ minutes.

team leader in minutes, second on the team in points, rebounds and assists. reports that he was drunk driving with a loaded firearm.

Virginia Tech has announced that Tyrece Radford has been suspended from the men’s basketball program.

"Tyrece Radford has been suspended indefinitely from all men’s basketball team activities, effective immediately, for not upholding the high standards Virginia Tech has for its students and athletes. There will be no further comment until the matter is resolved.”

link

That TTU-WVU game last night was the best I've seen so far this year. WVU completed a comeback on its final possession. I don't think they missed a shot against that Tech defense over the final 9+ minutes.
Caught the last couple minutes and it was a dog fight. Big shot after big shot being made. Great finish.

Back