What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread

Watching Wisconsin and Purdue, and I just do t see it with either. Looked ot up and Wisconsin could be in for a big drop next year. Losing 6 seniors, 5 of which are their top 5 producers.
UW is in full rebuilding mode next year. this year was their shot, and they blew it.

Posted earlier, but the starting five for UW is older than the starting five for the Chicago Bulls (or at least it was true a few months ago).

My communist dad follows UW much much closer than I do (e.g. watches almost all their games twice) and says he's "writing this season off due to Covid". But I'm not sure Wisconsin has any grounds to blame Covid more than the rest of the B1G, or the rest of the NCAA for that matter.

UW is in full rebuilding mode next year. this year was their shot, and they blew it.

Posted earlier, but the starting five for UW is older than the starting five for the Chicago Bulls (or at least it was true a few months ago).

My communist dad follows UW much much closer than I do (e.g. watches almost all their games twice) and says he's "writing this season off due to Covid". But I'm not sure Wisconsin has any grounds to blame Covid more than the rest of the B1G, or the rest of the NCAA for that matter.
Experience is great in college basketball, but the experience they have is just kind of "meh" talent wise. If they don't hit their jumpers, they're not going to win.

VT cancelled next two games. Tech has somehow pulled off the feat of managing Covid even more poorly in hoops than we did in football.

at least one poster who I know personally has contacts in the VTAD (and press credentials), thinks its 50/50 if we play in the ACC Tournament. he isn't ruling out that our season is finished.

wrt Covid, we're an embarrassment to the ACC, and the ACC is an embarrassment in and of itself.

this season had so much promise.

What happened to Huggy Bear and defense? Okie lite cut thru them like a hot knife through butter. The 'neers can score a lot of different ways but I wonder if they can stop anyone.

On a different note, I don't get all the Purdue love.

Watching LSU v Bama has me half excited and half terribly concerned about what will happen in the tournament if/when we get an officiating crew that lets the teams play. Does it allow them to get into a better rhythm and we see the offense really click? Or does it hurt them because they've become accustomed to a foul being called on every possession?

Was curious, and found this article. Looks like the SEC has been the king of foul calls this season- https://www.nationofblue.com/the-sec-leads-all-major-conferences-in-total-fouls-called-this-season/

"
Total fouls called

SEC — 7,746 (553 per 14 teams)
ACC — 6,979 (465 per 15 teams)
Big Ten — 6,466 (461 per 14 teams)
Pac-12 — 5,968 (497 per 12 teams)
Big East — 4,970 (497 per 10 teams)
Big 12 — 4,864 (486 per 10 teams)

Number of teams averaging 17 fouls per game

SEC — 11
Pac-12 — 7
ACC — 6
Big Ten — 5
Big 12 — 5
Big East — 5

Number of teams averaging 19 free throw attempts per game

SEC — 14
Pac-12 — 8
ACC — 7
Big Ten — 6
Big East — 6
Big 12 — 5
"

St. Bonaventure has impressed me so far in this A-10 championship game. Suffocating defense.

Was curious, and found this article. Looks like the SEC has been the king of foul calls this season- https://www.nationofblue.com/the-sec-leads-all-major-conferences-in-total-fouls-called-this-season/

"
Total fouls called

SEC — 7,746 (553 per 14 teams)
ACC — 6,979 (465 per 15 teams)
Big Ten — 6,466 (461 per 14 teams)
Pac-12 — 5,968 (497 per 12 teams)
Big East — 4,970 (497 per 10 teams)
Big 12 — 4,864 (486 per 10 teams)

Number of teams averaging 17 fouls per game

SEC — 11
Pac-12 — 7
ACC — 6
Big Ten — 5
Big 12 — 5
Big East — 5

Number of teams averaging 19 free throw attempts per game

SEC — 14
Pac-12 — 8
ACC — 7
Big Ten — 6
Big East — 6
Big 12 — 5
"

Wow. Watching the rugby matches they were calling basketball games in the SEC tournament, I would have guessed the exact opposite.

Ohio St cut a 17 point 1st half deficit to 5 at the half. Nevertheless, Illinois seems to be peaking. I think they'll go a long way.

Back