What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

If they can’t start the game by 10pm CT, then they have to postpone/cancel it. Sounds less and less likely with the worst of the storm still coming. Hail has started right near the stadium. I guess storms all day tomorrow.

Nebraska has 10 recruits on campus getting the full Lincoln experience. :)

Tough schedule. But they look very good.

That tends to be the line every year but I don't see their schedule as being all that daunting. Sure this is a tough opener but their next 3 games are Ball State, Vandy and Wake. They have Stanford and FSU at home and we don't really know how good either of those teams will be. After tonight their toughest game left is either at USC or at VT. Big deal.

But yea, if they hold on and win tonight they'll be right in the CFB playoff discussion well into November.

If they can’t start the game by 10pm CT, then they have to postpone/cancel it. Sounds less and less likely with the worst of the storm still coming. Hail has started right near the stadium. I guess storms all day tomorrow.

I gotta think this is a candidate to be played first week of December assuming Akron isn't in the MAC title game. I don't think we have to worry about Nebraska having a game that weekend.

Why couldn't they just play the Akron-NU game tomorrow? Last year WMU had a game postponed due to weather and they ended up playing the next day

Don’t disagree. Top 10 SOS by most sccounts.
That tends to be the line every year but I don't see their schedule as being all that daunting. Sure this is a tough opener but their next 3 games are Ball State, Vandy and Wake. They have Stanford and FSU at home and we don't really know how good either of those teams will be. After tonight their toughest game left is either at USC or at VT. Big deal.

But yea, if they hold on and win tonight they'll be right in the CFB playoff discussion well into November.
disagree. T

Why couldn't they just play the Akron-NU game tomorrow? Last year WMU had a game postponed due to weather and they ended up playing the next day
Sounds like they have an hour or two window in the morning where there won’t be storms but otherwise, it’s storms all day.

Heading into the 4Q, Nicholls is up 17-10 at Kansas.

Middle of the 3Q, South Dakota is up 24-12 at Kansas State.

Okie Lite and Tulsa played a game a couple years back that didn't kick until after midnight.......is that a conference by conference deal?

When we hosted Oregon a few years ago I remember it being late as **** due to weather.

When we hosted Oregon a few years ago I remember it being late as **** due to weather.
I thought of that too, but it was also due to a late start time, right? Nebraska writers are reporting that you can only postpone a game by 3hrs. Wasn’t that Oregon game a 10pm start that got pushed back to midnight?

I thought of that too, but it was also due to a late start time, right? Nebraska writers are reporting that you can only postpone a game by 3hrs. Wasn’t that Oregon game a 10pm start that got pushed back to midnight?

Was at that one with my little brother, and I remember spending most of that delay in a stairwell because there were like 15000 people on the concourse that night. That was an 8 or 8:30 scheduled game that didn't kick until close to 10 Mountain IIRC. Must be a conference by conference deal.

I don't remember games being delayed or cancelled due to lightning as a kid. Do I have a selective memory?

Ugh. There shouldn’t be a preseason poll. PSU and MSU will still be ranked highly but if there was no preseason ranking would it really make sense to rank a team that went to OT at home vs App State or one that struggled at home va Utah St? What a joke.

Back