What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

Just looked at the radar in the Lincoln area. Yeah... it’s probably another 45 minuets with the current storm, others building up behind it, all flowing northeast in a train like fashion over the same area.

Honestly, think this game is a no hoper unless there is some dramatic shift in the upper level winds to move these cells east.

On another note, wtf just happened with KSU? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, BCS.
Just looked at the radar in the Lincoln area. Yeah... it’s probably another 45 minuets with the current storm, others building up behind it, all flowing northeast in a train like fashion over the same area.

Honestly, think this game is a no hoper unless there is some dramatic shift in the upper level winds to move these cells east.

On another note, wtf just happened with KSU? :ROFLMAO:

Well, to be fair, there weren't nearly as many televised games, so we might not have known about them. The other thing is that almost every game was played during the day, and bad weather usually hits later in the day.

I was at some games that had lightning, they just played through it.

Less worry then about getting sued if somebody got hit.

Done right a football stadium should be one of the safer places to be in a lightning storm. Steel superstructure on the outside to channel any strikes down and away from fans and players, easily identifiable high points along the top of the stadium. Put in lightning rods along the high edges with copper channels to the superstructure and the chances of anyone below the top edge getting hit should be very small.

If they wanted to go past that they could deploy a conductor web (big wire net) above the stadium to divert any lightning danger.

Agreed, and it may not just be a cyclical thing but more a systemic distancing from the elite of college football. I don’t see it turning around.
Washington gonna run away with this conference. From what I saw today, their physicality is on another level with the rest of the pac

Guys, I know we have cabin fever here... but the Big 12 has had a horrible weekend and the Big Ten looks average at the moment.
Big 12 - OU looks like a final 4 team to me from what I saw. Not sure what to think of WVU, but thought they looked good. Otherwise, agree

Back