What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Expansion Preferences

Yeah this is ESPN and FOX dividing the sport up amongst themselves. The SEC is an ESPN league. Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma are the three biggest brands in the state of Texas, and ESPN will have them all starting in 2025. FOX OTOH has no presence in Texas whatsoever, so I'd figure they'd want the Big 12. Houston-Baylor probably outdraws Kentucky-Auburn and definitely outdraws Iowa-Purdue in markets like Dallas and Houston. ESPN has nothing on the West Coast-and the Pac has the two best brands still on the market in UO and UW. They'll tell the Pac to take SDSU. They may stop there......but SMU won't be the 12th.

If the Big 12 grabs SDSU & SMU, the P12 is going to die. That’s why I said the P12 needs to go get those two schools asap.

Because you would only be inviting the schools that increased value versus paying for legacy members who do nothing for you. For example, you don't need KSU if you already have KU so that becomes 1 share instead of 2. At the end of the day, you end up with the best brands and greatest overall home market value by cherry picking the 12-24 best football properties of what's available & dividing that pie for the maximum revenue per school.
OK, got it. I miss read originally. Yes that would make sense,

SMU, SDSU, UNLV, BYU fo sho.

Why isn't Texas Tech mentioned more? Few eyeballs and small market? They're strong in MBB recently, and a strong add football wise.

Why isn't Texas Tech mentioned more? Few eyeballs and small market? They're strong in MBB recently, and a strong add football wise.
Fo Sho

Attachments

• 4D95AB69-D486-4971-94FD-AF76517459E6.jpeg
    4D95AB69-D486-4971-94FD-AF76517459E6.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 4
if you really want to play hard ball for the next round, then you grab about 3 texas schools, plus sdsu and unlv, and whatever 3 other strongest actual power conference/ big tv markets you can get.

that would do it. get to 16... probably kills the big 12 and gets you in position to do something down the road.

but, hey, that would require vision and intestinal fortitude.

Why isn’t TT mentioned more? Because my freshman year I hooked up with some chick who roadied from TT to Boulder twice. I never heard from or thought about her ever again.

5 years later, I’m married and in Quantico, VA. The phone rings and my wife answers. It is her asking for me. My wife hands me the phone shooting me daggers. She explains she’s married, too, but they have an open marriage and she’d like to see me. Somehow, she had remembered where I was from, found my parents phone number, and my mom gave her my current phone number.

Damned freaks down there. Keep them out.

Last edited:
Why isn’t TT mentioned more? Because my freshman year I hooked up with some chick who roadied from TT to Boulder twice. I never heard from or thought about her ever again.

5 years later, I’m married and in Quantico, VA. The phone rings and my wife answers. It is her asking for me. My wife hands me the phone shooting me daggers. She explains she’s married, too, but they have an open marriage and she’d like to see me. Somehow, she had remembered where I was from, found my parents phone number, and my mom gave her my current phone number.

Damn freaks down there. Keep them out.
That phone call could have ended with you cutting a monthly check for 25% of your take home.

Soooooo... how was she 5 years later?

Please continue.

200.webp

I had a feeling you were a swinger

So did you propose the threesome to the wife?

What was parents rationale for giving #?
I told my mother to NEVER give my number to anyone ever again. Just say you don't have it handy and get their information to provide to me. Then I can decide what to do with it.

I have no idea what she was thinking. I had to have that conversation in front of my wife, too, so she understood it wasn't like I was in regular communication with this girl.

That sounds like a you problem. Me being unattached means TT's at the top of my list to invite!

Guns up, bitches! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Damned freaks down there. Keep them out.
Damn.
I don't know how that relates to conference realignment and TT getting added, but it does count on AllBuffs for something these days as we grow older, get back pain, and watch the Buffs fade like turds in a slow swirling toilet.

Damn.
I don't know how that relates to conference realignment and TT getting added, but it does count on AllBuffs for something these days as we grow older, get back pain, and watch the Buffs fade like turds in a slow swirling toilet.
'slow swirling'?

SD St.
Unlv
BYU - begrudgingly
KU

Add two more from Houston, TTU, TCU or OSU.

I'd love to trade BYU for anyone else, but I think they bring eyeballs.
Still don’t understand why people think any current or future BXII school would want to be in the Pac-10/12

Ok, I’ll bite. Do you honestly not see the attraction for BYU to be in the same conference as Utah?
With the way things are going with conferences right now (and the fact they haven’t been in the same conference for over 2 decades) - no.

Back