What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

CU will be in the MWC in 2024, I don't see the allure for the BIG to take a PAC bottom feeder.

If this all plays out unfavorably, would Tad want to stick around in a mid-level conference or accept a school playing in one of the big 3 conferences. Rick George signed the death March for football with the Dorrell hire. It would be absolutely demoralizing if this impacted the basketball program. CU athletics would not recover from that, they would permanently be a JV squad mid-level conference team - that would be Rick George's legacy.
Tad has hinted that he wanted to coach up the guys he has now, and may retire when they are done, so I don't think this impacts CU MBB as much as we might think.

The real test will be replacing Tad.

RG and LC's legacy is pretty much cemented. The guys who ran the ship into the iceberg.

I am seeing some people claim that this will end with 2 20 team conference and I just don't see it.

How many schools add something to the pile?

P12: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington
B12: Oklahoma and Texas, RIP B12
ACC: Clemson, FSU, Miami FL
B1G: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State. Maybe Michigan State and even though Nebraska sucks they are well supported.
SEC: Florida, UGA, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and maybe Ole Miss?

I think that's 20 with 3 maybes.

I am seeing some people claim that this will end with 2 20 team conference and I just don't see it.

How many schools add something to the pile?

P12: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington
B12: Oklahoma and Texas, RIP B12
ACC: Clemson, FSU, Miami FL
B1G: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State. Maybe Michigan State and even though Nebraska sucks they are well supported.
SEC: Florida, UGA, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and maybe Ole Miss?

I think that's 20 with 3 maybes.
How long until the power 2 have a talk with NW, Vandy, Miss St, etc.

"Listen guys, we had some fun times, but..."

I'm excited to hear Kevin Warren field reporter questions about the alliance.

domino GIF

This thing is gonna go quick now.

Also, UCLA leaving UC system is wild.

I'm missing something with both of these.

1. why would this move necessitate UCLA leaving the UC system? there's like eight other UC schools not part of the Pac.
2. what does KU think the 2025 Big East will have that benefits them more than the 2025 XII?

Just drop the bomb, blow it up and see how all of the pieces fall. I have zero faith in any of the idots in the CU Admin and especially the AD to get us a landing spot. Remember, getting to the PAC was Bohn and now he is working USC into a conference that matters. He was not the idot when it came to CU as it turns out.

Just drop the bomb, blow it up and see how all of the pieces fall. I have zero faith in any of the idots in the CU Admin and especially the AD to get us a landing spot. Remember, getting to the PAC was Bohn and now he is working USC into a conference that matters. He was not the idot when it came to CU as it turns out.

We're going to end up in a 16 team conference with the leftovers of the Pac-12 and Big 12. And probably being in the eastern division, heading back to Stillwater, Ames, and Lubbock.

We're going to end up in a 16 team conference with the leftovers of the Pac-12 and Big 12. And probably being in the eastern division, heading back to Stillwater, Ames, and Lubbock.
this seems like not an unlikely future state

Two different outcomes I am hoping for when it comes to CU:

1. CU reunites with Nebraska in the B1G.
2. CU is in a conference with its other rivals.

I'm going to optimistically choose that the big money donors knew this was happening and their grand plans for winning championships was alluding to CU's next move. I don't really see how it works... but if I squint really hard, maybe we do something cool.

You think the ACC is going to sit idle here? Or how about Clemson, Miami, Florida St and N Carolina in particular?
There are some big names that are not going to sit still.

Last edited:
You think the ACC is going to sit idle here? Or how about Clemson, Miami, Florida and N Carolina in particular?
There are some big names that are not going to sit still.

Agreed, these schools and probably ringing Sankey's phone off the hook right about now. (UNC maybe Warren's). But the ACC could save itself if they could convince ND to join as a full member.

EDIT: and you meant FSU of course....

Back