What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This might be the dumbest timeline in the history of college sports and definitely for Colorado. A year of waiting for a media deal, ten thousand conflicting media reports, troll accounts claiming to have inside info, a leech conference trying to pair us with… Arizona?? Arizona trying to pair us with them?? (Wtf - when did we become best buds with Arizona.) Rumors of a P5 or P2 breakaway depending on the hour. Rumors a conference splintering apart almost daily except they're legally bound to each other for 13 years. Rumors of Pacific Northwest schools leaving any second except they don’t have anywhere to go. ESPN, Fox and CBS are hot then they’re cold. They’re in then they’re out. We’re all in on streaming but only a little in on streaming. F it we’re all about the CW. All against the backdrop of Colorado dominating the headlines and becoming the #1 sought after brand in college football.

This might be the dumbest timeline in the history of college sports and definitely for Colorado. A year of waiting for a media deal, ten thousand conflicting media reports, troll accounts claiming to have inside info, a leech conference trying to pair us with… Arizona?? Arizona trying to pair us with them?? (Wtf - when did we become best buds with Arizona.) Rumors of a P5 or P2 breakaway depending on the hour. Rumors a conference splintering apart almost daily except they're legally bound to each other for 13 years. Rumors of Pacific Northwest schools leaving any second except they don’t have anywhere to go. ESPN, Fox and CBS are hot then they’re cold. They’re in then they’re out. We’re all in on streaming but only a little in on streaming. F it we’re all about the CW. All against the backdrop of Colorado dominating the headlines and becoming the #1 sought after brand in college football.

KState fan doesn’t like us?

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I have to get used to being hated again. The Big 8 and CSU fans never stopped, but we haven't done enough to piss off the TX Big 12 adds or anyone in the Pac-12. But they're quickly coming around now along with the rest of the country. I am so thankful for Coach Prime.

Here come the assholes!

I have to get used to being hated again. The Big 8 and CSU fans never stopped, but we haven't done enough to piss off the TX Big 12 adds or anyone in the Pac-12. But they're quickly coming around now along with the rest of the country. I am so thankful for Coach Prime.

Here come the assholes!
We were hated the last few years... by ourselves....

That letter from the WSU prez is yet another P12 PR disaster. References significantly diminished revenues. Unclear if he was just referring to the Comcast disaster or the upcoming TV deal. Also said P12 HQ relocation cost more than expected too.

Those media rights news keep going downhill...might as well throw out a random list of realigned conferences. Two 20 team conferences with SDSU, Memphis, and East Carolina added. Norte Dame forced to abandon independent status.

SUPER WEST 20

UW
WSU
UO
OSU
Cal
Stanford
San Diego State
UA
ASU
Utah
BYU
CU
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
Houston

SUPER EAST 20

UCF
FSU
Miami
GT
Clemson
UNC
NCSU
Duke
Wake
Virigina
Virigina Tech
West Virigina
Cinncinnati
Boston College
Sycrause
Pittsburgh
Louisville
Norte Dame
East Carolina
Memphis

Trammel (yes he still works at the Oklahoman) says CU is joining the B12 soon.

A Big 12 source told me last week that Colorado is ready to commit to joining the Big 12 “soon.”

This is after the NY Post said the P12 & ESPN aren't talking and WSU's Prez had to freeze hiring at WSU.

Trammel goes on to say that if CU leaves, the other Four Corners schools will follow.

Nothing new and you can wipe this post with your ass.

Trammel (yes he still works at the Oklahoman) says CU is joining the B12 soon.

This is after the NY Post said the P12 & ESPN aren't talking and WSU's Prez had to freeze hiring at WSU.

Trammel goes on to say that if CU leaves, the other Four Corners schools will follow.

Nothing new and you can wipe this post with your ass.
I've been thinking this may be the case for weeks.

And we’ve been hearing the PAC 12 is “close” to signing a lucrative TV contract for about 6 months now.

Something has gotta give fairly soon.
I think I have a different definition of “soon”.

Of course there’s also the possibility that everybody is talking out of their ass.

I talked to a good source in Nevada that says the P12 media deal is happening “soon”. Look for expansion to follow “right thereafter”.

I think I have a different definition of “soon”.

Of course there’s also the possibility that everybody is talking out of their ass.
There is a tremendous amount of ass talking through tweets, articles, and podcasts. At the same time, there isn’t much runway left before a decision has to be made.

If CU joined the Big 12 with UA, ASU and Utah... and they went division-less with 3 paired rivals we played every year (the current scheduling trend, which 3 Big 12 teams would we want?

My hope is that we'd have enough leverage to dictate a bit and get a TX team or two. TCU, UH, UCF and Cincy would be the best for recruiting if that's our focus - even though there's almost no history. If the focus is fan passion and attendance (including road trips from CU fans), maybe KSU, OSU, ASU and Utah?

If CU joined the Big 12 with UA, ASU and Utah... and they went division-less with 3 paired rivals we played every year (the current scheduling trend, which 3 Big 12 teams would we want?

My hope is that we'd have enough leverage to dictate a bit and get a TX team or two. TCU, UH, UCF and Cincy would be the best for recruiting if that's our focus - even though there's almost no history. If the focus is fan passion and attendance (including road trips from CU fans), maybe KSU, OSU, ASU and Utah?

In a 16 team conference, there would be four 4-team divisions or in theory. The "division" would have three games for their rivals, then against the other divisions, two games per year. One home and one road game. The four Texas schools would be in its "division" and so would AZ & UT. That means CU will have a road game in Texas every year which is not something we had in the original Big 12. That leaves KU, KSU, ISU, OSU, UCF, WVU, and UC. The driving time from Ames to Cincinnati is 1 hour and 45 minutes less than it would take to drive from Ames to Boulder. So that means ISU goes with the newer members and CU hooks up with KU, KSU, and OSU.

I imagine the Big 12 could come up with a better solution than what I proposed.

Basketball wise, the Big 12 has 18 conference games. If that remains that way, there would be three round robin games and the easy solution would be to use that with your football "division" rivals. My first ever CU MBB I attend at the Keg was against OSU.

Back