What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

we're merging with a bunch of acc schools and some schools from each conference are getting kicked to the curb. so it is written, so shall it be.

Dancer Egypt GIF by Amie Sultan
Schools above the line: 🤝✍️

Schools below the line: 🥾👋

If the new deal is for less, the conference will fold. If for more, they'll stick together for 5-7 years.

If the new deal is for less, the conference will fold. If for more, they'll stick together for 5-7 years.

Maybe fold, maybe not. At least not yet. Everyone would have to move down to G5 quality level...4-corner schools to b12 and the other six to MWC....at least until B10 opens up in a few years.

Maybe fold, maybe not. At least not yet. Everyone would have to move down to G5 quality level...4-corner schools to b12 and the other six to MWC....at least until B10 opens up in a few years.
Oregon and Washington to the MWC? No way. If the league implodes and the B1G doesn’t want them right now, I’m sure the Big 12 would love to have them and that would obviously be the much better option for them.

Oregon and Washington to the MWC? No way. If the league implodes and the B1G doesn’t want them right now, I’m sure the Big 12 would love to have them and that would obviously be the much better option for them.

I'd put SDSU, Boise State and Fresno State against UFC, Houston, and Cincinnati and call it even.

That’s the combined tv + playoff amount and I think the tv side only pays $21M so it’ll definitely be more.

If we go with unequal / earned playoff revenue then it’s feast or famine but I like our chances.

That’s the combined tv + playoff amount and I think the tv side only pays $21M so it’ll definitely be more.

If we go with unequal / earned playoff revenue then it’s feast or famine but I like our chances.
Those numbers are including USC and UCLA. Without them take away at least $12-$15 million.

Its not a health issue. There's a sexual harassment issue that dates back to his tenure at Cincinnati per the LA Times/Stewart Mandel.

Sounds like Bohn is an even bigger piece of **** than I thought he was. Hopefully this is career ending.

Rumors of internal complaints.

Article is pure speculation on every conference, but a decent read. For the Pac-12, a couple scenarios are proposed but considered less likely. Here's where he lands:

3) Here's my best guess. The media deal is fine. It's not amazing, but it's decent enough to swat away the annoying Big 12 gnat that keeps buzzing around. The ten remaining members band together, and San Diego State, SMU, Fresno State, and UNLV are brought in.

I also think that's where it ends up. Long-term, I question how big the B1G and SEC can get while increasing revenue for existing members through the addition of new ones. It's one thing to bring enough value as the 13th and 14th teams like in this round when OU/UT and USC/UCLA were added. But to think any program adds enough media value to increase revenues for the existing 14 while also cutting the pie into a 15th slice - color me skeptical. And the teams left out of their huge media deals are not going to accept that they're making what they are while lesser programs who were legacies in the B1G and SEC earn twice what they do. I don't have a crystal ball for predicting what eventually shakes out, but I'm certain that the status quo cannot hold.

Article is pure speculation on every conference, but a decent read. For the Pac-12, a couple scenarios are proposed but considered less likely. Here's where he lands:

3) Here's my best guess. The media deal is fine. It's not amazing, but it's decent enough to swat away the annoying Big 12 gnat that keeps buzzing around. The ten remaining members band together, and San Diego State, SMU, Fresno State, and UNLV are brought in.

I also think that's where it ends up. Long-term, I question how big the B1G and SEC can get while increasing revenue for existing members through the addition of new ones. It's one thing to bring enough value as the 13th and 14th teams like in this round when OU/UT and USC/UCLA were added. But to think any program adds enough media value to increase revenues for the existing 14 while also cutting the pie into a 15th slice - color me skeptical. And the teams left out of their huge media deals are not going to accept that they're making what they are while lesser programs who were legacies in the B1G and SEC earn twice what they do. I don't have a crystal ball for predicting what eventually shakes out, but I'm certain that the status quo cannot hold.

IMO, there is more money to be had for CFB, but it’s as part of a unified league that mimics the NFL, not as separate entities.

Imagine an NFL set up where Ohio State and Alabama play in Columbus in week 6 as part of their standard non conference schedule. Not only would you still get traditional SEC/B1G rivalry matchups, but we’d get a lot of great cross conference matchups that just adds tons of marquee inventory.

IMO, there is more money to be had for CFB, but it’s as part of a unified league that mimics the NFL, not as separate entities.

Imagine an NFL set up where Ohio State and Alabama play in Columbus in week 6 as part of their standard non conference schedule. Not only would you still get traditional SEC/B1G rivalry matchups, but we’d get a lot of great cross conference matchups that just adds tons of marquee inventory.
And you would only have 32 teams/colleges in that league.

No way it could only be 32. It's different than pro leagues which will only base teams in major home markets. CFB league would need to capture both the major media markets as well as the major brand programs located in the sticks. I think the number is around 48. On the NFL model, that would be 2 conferences of 24 teams each and then each conference having 4 divisions of 6 teams. I think that would capture all markets and include all of the major properties that the media companies would want while not leaving anything that competes for attention in a significant way.

Last edited:
Nah I think it would be more. The true value of the sport is predicated on the entire country being involved. You can’t alienate 32 P5 fanbases or it doesn’t work. At minimum I think 48, but honestly think the biggest value would be the entire P5.

Problem is, you need the blue bloods, the conferences, and most importantly, the networks to all agree and unite under one league structure. The NFL and AFL were able to see the value in this model, we’ll see if SEC/B1G will

No way Fresno and UNLV come aboard.
More mouths to feed for diminished payout.

Didn't Bohn sign the agreement to move CU to the PAC12 before he and CU parted ways shortly thereafter?
Bohn…a true Trojan Horse.

Get to USC, make them somewhat respectable, hire Reilly, massive recruiting upgrade…then - ink deal to B1G that in the surface looks awesome. But in reality, will destroy the program as they continually fall victim to OSU, Mich, Penn St, Wisc, and spend all of their money on travel.

Bohn boss out.

No way Fresno and UNLV come aboard.
More mouths to feed for diminished payout.
Maybe so. Hard to know. Fresno market is massive if the media companies agree with FSU's positioning that its market stretches from Bakersfield to Sacramento as as 3 combined markets which make it a Top 15 of 2.3 million households. I'm also skeptical about that and think it's really just Fresno-Visalia-Stockton in the Central Valley, but it's out there. With UNLV, they are in a legit pro city market with a state population which has passed Iowa at around 3.2 million people.

It's not crazy, especially if they joined with lesser shares which escalated to equality over the course of the deal.

Nah I think it would be more. The true value of the sport is predicated on the entire country being involved. You can’t alienate 32 P5 fanbases or it doesn’t work. At minimum I think 48, but honestly think the biggest value would be the entire P5.

Problem is, you need the blue bloods, the conferences, and most importantly, the networks to all agree and unite under one league structure. The NFL and AFL were able to see the value in this model, we’ll see if SEC/B1G will
Agree, at a minimum 48 but I now think it’ll be 52.

It’s easier to look at it this way - which P5 schools wouldn’t make the cut?

Vandy
Northwestern
Wash St
Oregon St
Kansas St
TCU
Texas Tech
Iowa St
Syracuse
Louisville
Wake Forest
Boston College
Duke
Cincy
Houston
UCF

I prioritize NFL cities, state flagship AAUs, state flagship non-AAUs, then non-state flagship AAUs, and lastly non-state flagship non-AAUs.

Then non-state flagship non-AAU list is the hardest one to solve. You have guaranteed schools like ND, FSU, Miami, Clemson, but then tweeners like NC State, ASU, Baylor, Ok St that are too big to leave out but could make a case to not let in for various reasons.

Back