What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phillip Lindsay Appreciation Thread

1D93E28F-A9B5-401D-A650-1CE7C64E3EB0.jpeg

Proper senior day spirit

giphy_s.gif

Any chance we can get Sabatino Chen to come and present Phil with the award?

Reactions: SBG
Lindsay is one tough mofo. He takes some brutal hits and just keeps on going. Love that guy.

Lindsay is one tough mofo. He takes some brutal hits and just keeps on going. Love that guy.

Has to be discouraging for a defense when they finally get a big hit on him and he pops up smiling and comes right back at them.

Has to be discouraging for a defense when they finally get a big hit on him and he pops up smiling and comes right back at them.
He's a beast, no doubt. It's a ****ty feeling as a player when you clean a guy's clock and he just keeps going, talks some **** too.

God Bless Phillip Lindsay!!!
He is the patriarch of the Senior Class and will be missed and is a legend.
Hope that something special happens this Saturday against USC and that playing with and for a man like PL will motivate this team.
Perfect Press Conference my man.

My favorite Phillip Lindsay play wasn't a run. In the 10-5 Stanford game, Lynott got dinged and left the field. Another guy came in to play right guard, and #90 blew by him like he wasn't there and sacked Sefo. On the next play, he blew right by him again, but Phillip intercepted 90 and stopped him cold while Sefo made a play.

I can't recall 90s name, but he was a 290 pound All-American and a 1st round pick. Phillip straight up stoned him. He's a great all-round player.

EDIT: Soloman Thomas. Third pick in the '17 draft.

Last edited:
My favorite Phillip Lindsay play wasn't a run. In the 10-5 Stanford game, Lynott got dinged and left the field. Another guy came in to play right guard, and #92 blew by him like he wasn't there and sacked Sefo. On the next play, he blew right by him again, but Phillip intercepted 92 and stopped him cold while Sefo made a play.

I can't recall 92s name, but he was a 290 pound All-American and a 1st round pick. Phillip straight up stoned him. He's a great all-round player.

I remember that, it was real and it was spectacular!

My favorite Phillip Lindsay play wasn't a run. In the 10-5 Stanford game, Lynott got dinged and left the field. Another guy came in to play right guard, and #90 blew by him like he wasn't there and sacked Sefo. On the next play, he blew right by him again, but Phillip intercepted 90 and stopped him cold while Sefo made a play.

I can't recall 90s name, but he was a 290 pound All-American and a 1st round pick. Phillip straight up stoned him. He's a great all-round player.

play of the game for me.

That play in particular highlights an aspect of the game that he is really good at: pass protection blocking.

It's what I think will get him a cup of coffee in the no fun league. NFL coaches won't have to worry about him being able (or being willing) to block in pass protection. How often do we hear that the reason a "less talented" running back is playing is because the "more talented" guy can't/won't block?

That play in particular highlights an aspect of the game that he is really good at: pass protection blocking.

It's what I think will get him a cup of coffee in the no fun league. NFL coaches won't have to worry about him being able (or being willing) to block in pass protection. How often do we hear that the reason a "less talented" running back is playing is because the "more talented" guy can't/won't block?
All the time. The position where the organization has the most money invested is QB. So the NFL payroll and emphasis flows from there. OTs are paid huge because they protect the QB from blindside hits. Receivers who can win 1-on-1s are paid huge money because they give that QB his main weapon. Defensively, the guys who get paid are the edge pass rushers and CBs who bring the heat and shut down the receiving weapon.

Within that context, a RB who picks up blitzes and catches the ball out of the backfield as an outlet is more valuable than a pure runner to an NFL team. It's a QB league. A passing league.

I think Phil is going to have a long successful NFL career as a 3rd/4th string RB but special teams ace. He doesn't play special teams for us because we need him to do so much on offense, but its so damn obvious he has the mentality to be an awesome special teamer at the next level. Think David Bruton type guy.

I think Phil is going to have a long successful NFL career as a 3rd/4th string RB but special teams ace. He doesn't play special teams for us because we need him to do so much on offense, but its so damn obvious he has the mentality to be an awesome special teamer at the next level. Think David Bruton type guy.
His NFL trajectory will probably match Bieniemy’s, just like his career at CU had similarities.

Back