What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please beat Utah this week to shut them up

Soak soaking Utah. The soaking utes can soak off just like this BYU fan can.

giphy.gif
FIFY

I left this thread alone because it was boring. I am so glad I came back. This was dropped way too fast IMO, I couldn't find anything yea or nay on BYU being offerred to join the Pac-10, but there is this from a former commissioner of the Pac-10 which seems to wildly contradict BYUers claim.
Wilner asked if there was ever any discussion about adding BYU and Hansen said the following:
There’s always been discussion about BYU. They have expressed interest, certainly, over the years and it’s a wonderful athletic program. But this goes back to the first criterion that I mentioned, that is that it has to be a major research university. And BYU, it’s my understanding, that it is primarily an undergraduate institution. It does not have a wealth or many graduate programs. That has always been a barrier to BYU being considered and it never really has been considered for membership.

Absolutely. Also, all P5 conferences should play 9 conference games and no Western Carolinas in mid November.

Oh no question-your situation with BYU does mirror ours with Rammie to a huge extent. We're done with them yearly effective in 2021, and this year's game is the last one at Whatever the hell its called now Field at Mile High. They're back on our schedule in 2023 and 2024, and then we won't play again until at least 2030. You can't play them every year, get name schools from other leagues that sell tickets to play you, and get (in our case) the six home dates a fall minimum we need.

Oh no question-your situation with BYU does mirror ours with Rammie to a huge extent. We're done with them yearly effective in 2021, and this year's game is the last one at Whatever the hell its called now Field at Mile High. They're back on our schedule in 2023 and 2024, and then we won't play again until at least 2030. You can't play them every year, get name schools from other leagues that sell tickets to play you, and get (in our case) the six home dates a fall minimum we need.
We’ll never be hated rivals if you keep commiserating like this.

oh, it doesn't take much to get the hatred flowing.

if they beat us by 50 and stomp our arses like they have been doing to everyone, i will hate them.

if we upset them, i will still hate them.

it is the circle of life.

as for byu fans, happy to buy any of them a whiskey but they have to leave all the sister wives at home. i am not buying all them drinks too.

We’ll never be hated rivals if you keep commiserating like this.

We just need to win this game on Saturday-we ensure they miss the CFP and the love fest we're having with the Ute posters who have come by so far this week ends this weekend!

Dammit Ute, stop joining in our tacit dislike of your odd blue neighbor. Just because you justifiably wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire it doesn’t mean we want to share hot cocoa with you and sing kumbya under the Christmas tree. Are you trying to hand me hot chocolate? Yes, I love the little crunchy marshmallows. And a double shot of schnapps? Ok sure. But, what was I talking about?

@BYU Dad , welcome to Allbuffs, where the members relish Colorado's reputation of being shjtty to fans of other teams. I think this is probably not what you're used to in Provo. Setting judgement aside of which approach has more merit, I think your fans are outstanding ambassadors of your school (and likely trying to be such for the affiliated religion as well, but we can keep that part out of the football forum. In 2017 my wife and I visited Edwards Stadium in 2017 as Wisconsin fans (they're my B1G team), and I've never experienced such a sincerely warm welcome. I've attended at least eight college football stadiums as a vsiiting fan and have never been treated so well. Literally, on the walk from the parking lot into the stadium, no less than three groups of people stopped us and thanked us for visiting Provo. During the game, I was sitting with the Wisconsin players' family members, and a some representatives of the school (dude looked just like Steven Covey) handed out ice cream to all the Wisconsin fans, telling us how happy they were to host us. We went to some steakhouse after the game (still garbed in red & white) and, no exaggeration, at least four people came up to us and thanked us for coming -- while apologizing that BYU's team "didn't show up". ****braska fans take some pride in claiming to be the "classiest fans in CFB" but they don't hold a candle to BYU fans (of fan bases I've interacted with, i will give them a solid 3rd place, with Wyoming as a distant 2nd).

I would give any college football fan the strongest encouragement to attend a game at your school. However, I want to be clear, the mountain views from Edwards Stadium are nice, but no where near as spectacular as the Flatirons from Folsom's east stands.

Do you have a reputable source for that, or is it based on fan speculation?

tangent: I see that GIF all the time and finally looked it up (google image search works on GIF's in case anyone else was curious). I had no idea that was the chick from the Hunger Games -- she looks nothing like her movie character in that clip (at least to me).
I don’t really celebrate the accomplishments of people who don’t drink. It’s easy to be nice when you’re sober.

Also, Jennifer Lawrence always looks just like Jennifer Lawrence. It’s interesting that you don’t recognize her.

I don’t really celebrate the accomplishments of people who don’t drink. It’s easy to be nice when you’re sober.

Also, Jennifer Lawrence always looks just like Jennifer Lawrence. It’s interesting that you don’t recognize her.

whoa, I must really be an asshole than! Jk I’m way nicer when I’m drunk.

Back