What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please beat Utah this week to shut them up

BYU Dad

Banned
BANNED
Hello, I'm a BYU fan and really want to see the Buffs win this week to shut up the Utes. And I've watched the Buffs play over the past few weeks and I believe you'll be able to beat Yewtah if you go in with a good gameplan. If the Buffs win it will keep the Utah out of the PAC-12 final game and put an end to all the silly talk that they belong in the playoff. BYU fans don't want to see that classless garbage get into the playoff or an NY6. In fact, it's the Ute fans who are jealous as heck of national championship and Heisman trophies, ya know, things teams like BYU and Colorado have. Let's keep it that way. Please win.

Hello, I'm a BYU fan and really want to see the Buffs win this week to shut up the Utes. And I've watched the Buffs play over the past few weeks and I believe you'll be able to beat Yewtah if you go in with a good gameplan. If the Buffs win it will keep the Utah out of the PAC-12 final game and put an end to all the silly talk that they belong in the playoff. BYU fans don't want to see that classless garbage get into the playoff or an NY6. In fact, it's the Ute fans who are jealous as heck of national championship and Heisman trophies, ya know, things teams like BYU and Colorado have. Let's keep it that way. Please win.

Beat em yourself, loser.

What the heck? We beat Yewtah more than the Buffalo have.

BYU would beat them a lot more if every game didn't have PAC-12 refs handing the game to Yewtah.
In 100 games, the Cougars have only beaten the Utes 34 times. In 65 games, the Buffs have beaten Utah 32 times. So, you are technically correct, but I am not sure I would be bringing up that 34% winning percentage...

Mmmm ... it's a possibility.

No it's not a possibility at all. You would know what I'm talking about if you knew anything about what a real rivalry looks like even with the PAC-11 trying to take away my rivalry.

In 100 games, the Cougars have only beaten the Utes 34 times. In 65 games, the Buffs have beaten Utah 32 times. So, you are technically correct, but I am not sure I would be bringing up that 34% winning percentage...

Nobody started counting wins and losses in the BYU-Yewtah games until 1973. Since that time BYU owned the Utes except for the past couple of years. BYU won a national championship and a Heisman during that time too. It makes you wonder why the PAC-10 picked Yewtah over BYU doesn't it.

Okay. Since you’re asking politely.

I've always thought that BYU's national championship was the diametric opposite of CU's. They played a weak-ass schedule and beat a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday bowl. They did go undefeated though, so you can't take it away from them.

On the other hand, CU played a hellish schedule--one the likes of which you will never see again, but lost a game and tied another. Had to beat a 9 win ND team in the Orange Bowl.

Nobody started counting wins and losses in the BYU-Yewtah games until 1973. Since that time BYU owned the Utes except for the past couple of years. BYU won a national championship and a Heisman during that time too. It makes you wonder why the PAC-10 picked Yewtah over BYU doesn't it.

Well if you have to cherry pick history to prove a point, I think I get why the Pac-10 went that route...

Since 1973, the Holy War has been played 46 times. BYU has won 27 times, so they are winning that segment of the rivalry, but barely. So during the best 40 years of BYU football, they are just over .500 against the Utes. Even with the National Championship and Heisman trophy.

All of that really is besides the point. We would love to beat the Utes on Saturday, and take over the spot of "hated rival". Keeping them out of the CCG and the CFB Playoff would be a great step in that direction.

I've always thought that BYU's national championship was the diametric opposite of CU's. They played a weak-ass schedule and beat a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday bowl. They did go undefeated though, so you can't take it away from them.

On the other hand, CU played a hellish schedule--one the likes of which you will never see again, but lost a game and tied another. Had to beat a 9 win ND team in the Orange Bowl.

But wasn't Colorado given 5th downs in order to win some of those games?

BYU's national championship was legit and we proved it on the field when we dump trucked Washington the following season.

Listen, we're on the same side here. There's no reason to fight against each other when we should be focused on getting the Yewts back down to earth.

The Pukes are favored by 38 or something but I could see them having a bad game like they always have late in the season Win and Yewtah goes from a spot in the playoff to something like the Vegas Bowl. Please make this happen Buffs, you're our only hope.

Listen, we're on the same side here. There's no reason to fight against each other when we should be focused on getting the Yewts back down to earth.

The Pukes are favored by 38 or something but I could see them having a bad game like they always have late in the season Win and Yewtah goes from a spot in the playoff to something like the Vegas Bowl. Please make this happen Buffs, you're our only hope.
I now think you are a husky fan.

Before. But did you know that UTEP's coaches had tapped into BYU's headsets so they knew all of our plays and knew exactly what we were going to run.

That's only reason UTEP won is by cheating.
Did you call the FBI? Our friends in Fort Collins probably have a direct line you could use.

LSU, Ohio State, Clemson etc could display their play call on the jumbotron before every snap and still beat UTEP.

I think I get why Utah fans are so annoyed with them. Imagine CSU but with a religious superiority complex... Little Brothers are all the same.

BYU is a superior school, that's for sure. We're much stronger academically and have better overall sports programs. We're about win another national championship in girls soccer in fact.

BYU acceptance rate is extremely competitive and we demolish a lot of PAC-11 teams in the Davis Cup every year.

Point is the PAC-10 picked the wrong school when it went with the little community college in Salt Lake City instead of BYU.

This guy sucks. **** off, BYU fan. **** you for coming in here asking us to win for your own benefit, then talking **** about people who like to get drunk (big insult to us, dumbass), then bringing up the 5th down. If we beat Utah that’s good for us, but **** BYU too. Utah has better athletics than you ****s and is a better school. PAC-12 would suck with y’all in it.

This guy sucks. **** off, BYU fan. **** you for coming in here asking us to win for your own benefit, then talking **** about people who like to get drunk (big insult to us, dumbass), then bringing up the 5th down. If we beat Utah that’s good for us, but **** BYU too. Utah has better athletics than you ****s and is a better school. PAC-12 would suck with y’all in it.

Sorry about that. It's no secret that BYU and BYU fans play for something bigger. But like I said we're all on the same side when it comes wanting to beat Utah. I came here to show support. I really want to see the Buffs win come Saturday

BYU is a superior school, that's for sure. We're much stronger academically and have better overall sports programs. We're about win another national championship in girls soccer in fact.

BYU acceptance rate is extremely competitive and we demolish a lot of PAC-11 teams in the Davis Cup every year.

Point is the PAC-10 picked the wrong school when it went with the little community college in Salt Lake City instead of BYU.

you really don’t know why the PAC 10 didn’t extend an invitation to BYU and why it’s extremely unlikely they ever will? Really?

Back