What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Season Soccer - Matches & Awards / 2018 off-season thread

Not sure if she's seeing any time on the field, but Taylor Kornieck is on the USWNT Under 20 team. The 2nd half just started in a friendly against England, for anyone that's interested.

"...

Spring Schedule

Saturday, March 10 at Colorado College
at Colorado Springs, 1 p.m.

Sunday, April 8 Northern Colorado
at Prentup Field, 3 p.m.

Saturday, April 14 Wyoming
at Prentup Field, 12 p.m.

Saturday, April 14 FC Boulder WUPSL
at Prentup Field, 3 p.m.

Saturday, April 21 at Nebraska
at Lincoln, Neb., 7 p.m.

Sunday, April 22 vs. South Dakota
at Lincoln, Neb., 12 p.m.
"

Coach Sanchez going over this year's signing class, along with about 10 minutes of questions and answers.-

Direct link - https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOGwAbDQBvxB

There's also an interview with Mark Johnson available (I'd say almost of this is the same as in the above video.)-

Notes of my impressions-
  • Hadn't looked at the highlights in the tweets I'd previously posted, but the flip throw could be back in the Buffs arsenal! Incoming frosh Chaynee Kingsbury looks to possibly have a nice one based on the two shown in her highlight (which starts at the 1:32 of this video). (For those who don't follow that closely, Buff Danica Evans, who graduated after the 2016 season, had maybe the best flip throw in the NCAA during her time at CU.)
  • I have been thinking of starting a separate thread about one of the proposals to change the transfer rules in ALL sports (roughly- all student-athletes have to sit a year after transferring, and lose a year of eligibility, unless their old school has a coaching change) from an Olympic sport perspective, and specifically soccer. Pending whether I get the energy to start that other thread, however, did want to mention Coach Sanchez is asked about that proposal and he gives a pretty long and strong answer starting about the 7:34 mark of the video. (Short answer- sounds like he HATES that proposed change, especially for soccer and other scholarship "equivalency" sports, and that it most importantly will hurt, NOT help, student-athletes (in his sport anyways).)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, congrats to Coach Sanchez for being named to the RMAC conference Hall of Fame!

Coach Sanchez going over this year's signing class, along with about 10 minutes of questions and answers.-

Direct link - https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOGwAbDQBvxB

There's also an interview with Mark Johnson available (I'd say almost of this is the same as in the above video.)-

Notes of my impressions-
  • Hadn't looked at the highlights in the tweets I'd previously posted, but the flip throw could be back in the Buffs arsenal! Incoming frosh Chaynee Kingsbury looks to possibly have a nice one based on the two shown in her highlight (which starts at the 1:32 of this video). (For those who don't follow that closely, Buff Danica Evans, who graduated after the 2016 season, had maybe the best flip throw in the NCAA during her time at CU.)
  • I have been thinking of starting a separate thread about one of the proposals to change the transfer rules in ALL sports (roughly- all student-athletes have to sit a year after transferring, and lose a year of eligibility, unless their old school has a coaching change) from an Olympic sport perspective, and specifically soccer. Pending whether I get the energy to start that other thread, however, did want to mention Coach Sanchez is asked about that proposal and he gives a pretty long and strong answer starting about the 7:34 mark of the video. (Short answer- sounds like he HATES that proposed change, especially for soccer and other scholarship "equivalency" sports, and that it most importantly will hurt, NOT help, student-athletes (in his sport anyways).)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, congrats to Coach Sanchez for being named to the RMAC conference Hall of Fame!

and 2 D2 National titles in 2004 and 2006.

2nd spring match of the spring season, against Northern Colorado, less than an hour from starting. (Note- like the just-completed lacrosse game, the match's location has been moved from Prentup to Kittredge field. I'm guessing (???) the reason for the moves is to have Prentup in as good as possible condition when the Pac 12 lacrosse tournament starts on April 26th.)

Back