What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Postponed - Game thread- Men's bball opens Pac 12 play at Arizona (Tucson, TBD)

I just want them to be as safe for everyone as possible.

This year, I'm looking at every college sports game I get to see as a gift. Because, frankly, when no students are on campus, no fans are in the stands and college towns are under restrictions... it's actually hard to justify an expectation that amateur student-athletes must provide us with entertainment and it's impossible to justify that risks need to be taken to make it happen.

Not to be callous with the health of these players, but with a bball roster being so small (relative to a football program), is there any merit to exposing the whole team at once to avoid future cancellations that would be triggered by just a couple cases?
Sink - you just can't on the outside chance one of the players (or coaches) has an underlying condition or someone ends up being a long hauler.

You just can't. Sports isn't worth it. Period.

(Regardless of my own personal satisfaction if they did - you just can't)

Not to be callous with the health of these players, but with a bball roster being so small (relative to a football program), is there any merit to exposing the whole team at once to avoid future cancellations that would be triggered by just a couple cases?
jonah hill no GIF

Good news coming on the post-exposure quarantine front. Looks like the CDC will shorten the quarantine period to 10 days, or 7 if the exposed person tests negative. In a perfect world, this would have Barthelemy and Da Silva available by this weekend (assuming the CDC announces soon and they've both tested negative.)

CDC To Shorten Recommended Quarantine For COVID-19 Exposure

As 'confirmed' in NY Times:

"Those without symptoms may end quarantine after seven days, followed by a negative test for the virus, or after 10 days without a negative test, agency officials said at a news briefing. P.C.R. or rapid tests are acceptable, the agency said, and should be taken within 48 hours of the end of the quarantine period."

Back