What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

jim-tressel-cover-inside.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html

Can you say " lack of institutional control " ?
I knew you could.

Last edited:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a1

SI investigation reveals eight-year pattern of violations under Tressel
That support crumbled suddenly over Memorial Day weekend. Tressel was forced out three days after Sports Illustrated alerted Ohio State officials that the wrongdoing by Tressel's players was far more widespread than had been reported. SI learned that the memorabilia-for-tattoos violations actually stretched back to 2002, Tressel's second season at Ohio State, and involved at least 28 players -- 22 more than the university has acknowledged. Those numbers include, beyond the six suspended players, an additional nine current players as well as nine former players whose alleged wrongdoing might fall within the NCAA's four-year statute of limitations on violations.

DOOOOM. :woot: Go SI!

They won't get the death penalty. They will probably have a ton of players suspended for the entire year and will lose a bunch of scholarships though. I'm concerned our game might not be televised. I wonder if we get a guaranteed payout with or without the television.

And no, this doesn't mean we will win that game. OSU's scout team has more talent than we have, unfortunately. We are long way from having the kind of talent needed to compete with the likes of Ohio State.

If we don't have a guaranteed payout, then we should drop that game and see if there are any poor schmucks still available that we can bring in to Folsom.... although it is probably far too late for that

Pryor drove 8 cars in 3 years. Nice.

Awww, Jeez. This is getting ridiculous. 8 cars in 3 years? I definitely see a "lack of institutional control" label being applied here. This could get ugly. Everybody from Gee all the way down to the S&C coach along with at least half the team is probably going to get hammered. We might be playing their scout team afterall. :lol:

From Back in the Day:
Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Kirk Herbstreet has joined the Catholic church in order to put forward his agenda to have Tressel Beatified.

He should be fired yesterday.

Found this on another board...talk about not getting it:

Pryor rolled up to the team meeting in a new car with temp tags

@AdamJardyBSB #OhioState QB Terrelle Pryor just arrived at WHAC in car that looked new with temp tags.

@LanternSports Pryor arrived in WHAC in Nissan 350z with temp tags from May 24. He waved to the cameras.

long time coming. i want to taunt my ohio cousins, but it would probably cause further banishment from the family. Almost worth it, but not quite.

BTW... Hahahahahaha pretty funny. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of dipshits. Hopefully the ncaa doesn't forget about it untill the statute of limitations is over this time.

Found this on another board...talk about not getting it:

Pryor rolled up to the team meeting in a new car with temp tags

@AdamJardyBSB #OhioState QB Terrelle Pryor just arrived at WHAC in car that looked new with temp tags.

@LanternSports Pryor arrived in WHAC in Nissan 350z with temp tags from May 24. He waved to the cameras.

Here is a list of OSU players, coaches, and media folks i composed for the schedule blog:

https://twitter.com/#!/Allbuffs/ohio-state-tweeters-18

It has been good reading so far.

I can't see how Bob Stoops would be a serious candidate for the Buckeyes. He doesn't exactly have a program that is known to be "clean".

This is going to be one of those hires that they'll have to make is truly a "cleanup" guy that will ensure they have no repeat offenses in the near future, so as not to risk any greater sanctions.

And I don't buy the general belief that they'll hire a current "big time" BCS head coach either. They didn't with Tressel, so it's not like they believe they need to in order to be successful on the field.

I seriously could see them going after a guy like Troy Calhoun or Jim Grobe.

That Dan Hawkins runs a clean ship. Clean of infractions (mostly), clean of arrests (mostly) and clean of any D1 talent (mostly).

If half this stuff is true, the NCAA has to mete out an even greater punishment than they did to U$C, or their crdibility will be completely shot...they still look like they pander to the big boys, so now is the time for them to show they actually have a pair.

I think a lot of this stuff goes on at a lot of schools (trade for Tats, and other favors). It's just that Tressel can no longer claim plausible deniability because he was caught "not reporting" what he knew. I think he got caught trying to win a Mythical NC and used some poor judgement.

There's a lot of rule breaking coaches can't easily monitor, but when a guy has 8 cars in 3 years and comes from nothing - you know there's an issue. When a guy has sleeves of ink that cost thousands, time to get a clue. Those things are too obvious, so I conclude, Tressel and OSU had a lack of Institutional Control. Embree and staff will take note. Ohio State will pay dearly for Tressel breaking the golden rule of keeping mum.

I grew up very good friends with a certain top-rated national QB, who chose to go to a certain top Pac-10 school. It was a beautiful thing back then....

Back