What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Analysis

So much this.

Shedeur's comment in the post game presser to the effect of, "We can't run the ball, so why would we try?" was infuriating.

They can't line up, in an obvious short yardage situation, and dominate at the point of attack. That is very different from, we've given our backs like 5 carries a half and decided it doesn't work.

It seems like Shedeur and Prime see a 3-4 yard run on first down as a missed opportunity for a 20 yard pass, instead of understanding that it opens up a much different set of routes that can allow you to make first downs and sustain drives. Not to mention forcing the D line to think about something other than just rushing the passer.
Hey Shedeur...if you'd ever keep on the read...we might actually convert a short yardage run...but everyone knows you're not going to keep it 🤷

Shedeur's football IQ seems to drop every week. His comment about not trying to run the ball in the post game presser is such low football IQ. At this point I have to believe that he simply checks out of any running play regardless of the situation. I doubt there has been a single play that he changed the play from pass to run.

I have to believe Lewis leaving last year was disagreements on how to run the offense and his offensive game plan would not work with Shedeur changing the play before ever snap.

I'm so annoyed with CU right now. Everything about this team feels like a huge grift to make sure Prime and Co get paid, and any football team success seems to be a secondary concern.

Shedeur's football IQ seems to drop every week. His comment about not trying to run the ball in the post game presser is such low football IQ. At this point I have to believe that he simply checks out of any running play regardless of the situation. I doubt there has been a single play that he changed the play from pass to run.

I have to believe Lewis leaving last year was disagreements on how to run the offense and his offensive game plan would not work with Shedeur changing the play before ever snap.

I'm so annoyed with CU right now. Everything about this team feels like a huge grift to make sure Prime and Co get paid, and any football team success seems to be a secondary concern.
As many former players have talked **** on their way out you’d think someone would put this out if it were the case. Someone would love to throw SS under the bus for checking out of every run. Maybe not.

Prime and his kids make enough money regardless of how they are performing this year. This isn't a grift to get them money, they already have it lol.
It may not be about the money, but absolutely can be about the reputation. I would say they want Shedeur to be Heisman.

It's like we're trying to emulate Tom Brady throwing from the pocket without having much of a running game... but we're ignoring the fact that Brady made a living off of short-intermediate passes to his TE, dump offs to his little, quick WRs, and screen passes to his RBs.
And his OL was able to hold their blocks for a useful period of time.

Bottom line on kicking is that Matta should have never been brought in. What we had was better than Matta. You have to roll with Feely now and get him into the flow, misses are better than blocks. Matta just can't get his kicks over the line. I think he has gotten worse since he as been here.
I agree with this. I don't know how you can have a kicker at this level who is unable to get the ball UP, at all. That's entirely a technique issue, isn't it? Even someone with a weak leg can learn to get the ball up enough to get over the line, it just won't go very far, can't they? What's the problem?

So much this.

Shedeur's comment in the post game presser to the effect of, "We can't run the ball, so why would we try?" was infuriating.

They can't line up, in an obvious short yardage situation, and dominate at the point of attack. That is very different from, we've given our backs like 5 carries a half and decided it doesn't work.

It seems like Shedeur and Prime see a 3-4 yard run on first down as a missed opportunity for a 20 yard pass, instead of understanding that it opens up a much different set of routes that can allow you to make first downs and sustain drives. Not to mention forcing the D line to think about something other than just rushing the passer.
This is the problem that worries me, too. You have to commit to some smash-mouth running, and make it effective and productive, or every snap you will face a team lined up for an ears-back pass rush. They'll put 5-6 at the LOS and then back off the ones they want. They never really even have to blitz, because the players rushing do not have to worry about any run gaps or SS scrambling. Each player coming can commit to his best pass rush almost every play.

UCLA was the extreme example, but it's all pretty much the same problem.

None of which explains why our OL can't block one-on-one consistently. From SS point of view, he has to feel like he could get crushed from any angle every play.

Please, go Pistol Formation some. Bring in an H-back and TE to block. Use SOME misdirection in the running game!!!

unreal for an OC to get paid nearly a million a year and be this unprepared after having months to plan – as much as I think Prime and SS are issues with the offensive scheme, I'd trust Deion Jr with play calling over Shurmur at this point. he's at least put some accountability on his brother

unreal for an OC to get paid nearly a million a year and be this unprepared after having months to plan – as much as I think Prime and SS are issues with the offensive scheme, I'd trust Deion Jr with play calling over Shurmur at this point. he's at least put some accountability on his brother
Absolutely. Another Sanders in the mix has to help.

He would likely make more money if he wasn't coaching and instead doing full time sponsorship deals.
at the moment it's all about #2 and #21. As soon as the season is over we will see where he stands. If 2 goes out with an injury it might get real weird.

As many former players have talked **** on their way out you’d think someone would put this out if it were the case. Someone would love to throw SS under the bus for checking out of every run. Maybe not.
The problem is that no one knows if he changes to pass plays.

Basically, everyone is operating on the assumption that the play call is getting changed at the line of scrimmage. I think he's changing the play calls in the huddle.

With the headset, and the OC communicating directly to SS via the headset, no one else in the huddle knows if Shurmur called a play and SS changes it to a pass in the huddle.

The only people who know if this is happening/happened are Lewis, Shurmur, and SS.

Basically, everyone is operating on the assumption that the play call is getting changed at the line of scrimmage. I think he's changing the play calls in the huddle.

With the headset, and the OC communicating directly to SS via the headset, no one else in the huddle knows if Shurmur called a play and SS changes it to a pass in the huddle.

The only people who know if this is happening/happened are Lewis, Shurmur, and SS.
CP did just say in his presser that #2 changes the call at the last second after the other y
team shows their hand.

CP did just say in his presser that #2 changes the call at the last second after the other y
team shows their hand.
There isn't really an answer CP can give publicly that is going to be great on this issue. Reading between the lines suggests that Shurmur is calling plays and Shedeur has been given the authority to change the call based on the look he gets pre snap. However, at the 15 second mark, the comms get shut off so it's entirely up to him and there is nobody in his ear telling him no.

He can't throw his OC under the bus and he isn't going to throw his son and QB1 under the bus. The only thing that will change perception is if these conversations are being had behind closed doors and Shedeur's freedom is reined back in a bit, and we see a marked difference the next couple weeks.

I disagree. Without him being relevant (current P4 HC) his sponsorship deals aren't really going to fly.
uhh you do realize he had all these deals before he was a P4 HC except for Nike right? You aren't clear of mind here and you're blinded by how much you hate CU, and it's obvious that you do because you only post heavily when it's to **** on the football and basketball teams. Prime was a huge brand before CU and he will be after CU.

uhh you do realize he had all these deals before he was a P4 HC except for Nike right? You aren't clear of mind here and you're blinded by how much you hate CU, and it's obvious that you do because you only post heavily when it's to **** on the football and basketball teams. Prime was a huge brand before CU and he will be after CU.
He wasn't even on the radar screen until he became JSt HC - so if he isn't a HC, and more so a P4 HC, then no, he isn't going to be making more money doing full time sponsorship deals.

You can continue to make bad assumptions about what I do or do not feel about CU - but I can assure you, I do not hate CU. I have expectations for the AD, yes.

Sorry I don't follow your plan for how to love and dote on the dumpster fire that is this team.

Also, when are you going to pay up on your debt?

I don't know the answer. I have a lot of trouble believing, though, that 2 different OC playcallers have decided to call 75-80% passing plays.

team shows their hand.
Does he ever audible to a run or switch the running play to a different one or side based on formation? Because I watched Peyton Manning teach a masterclass on that to a Super Bowl at a career stage when he barely had the arm strength to complete a 20 yard pass. It's a huge part of the QB position.

He wasn't even on the radar screen until he became JSt HC - so if he isn't a HC, and more so a P4 HC, then no, he isn't going to be making more money doing full time sponsorship deals.

You can continue to make bad assumptions about what I do or do not feel about CU - but I can assure you, I do not hate CU. I have expectations for the AD, yes.

Sorry I don't follow your plan for how to love and dote on the dumpster fire that is this team.

Also, when are you going to pay up on your debt?
Lol I am plenty critical of how the offense has performed and many decisions made by the staff. I don't think the sky is falling.

My debt?

Checking out of plays too often also slows down the offense.

Lol I am plenty critical of how the offense has performed and many decisions made by the staff. I don't think the sky is falling.

My debt?
Hard for the sky to fall when we're already standing on top of it.

Go back and check your PMs from, oh say 6 years ago.

Back