What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Random 3am football thought: Jay MacIntyre's role in 2017

He has absolutely earned his WR spot, and arguably a starter spot until proven otherwise. has made a lot of clutch catches and is very shifty, quick, good blocker (for his size ). He's definitely going to be challenged but if someone can truly beat him out for his WR spot then we are in good shape.
Returner role: I think he'll be replaced. Between the muffs, that scary injury, and incoming speed.

JMac has earned his place. He wanted to play for his dad. I see nothing wrong with it. He contributes and keeps a low profile it seems. Mac didn't feature him at all imho. Played his role, pure and simple. That's what a team does. Example, look to the northeast.

He has absolutely earned his WR spot, and arguably a starter spot until proven otherwise. has made a lot of clutch catches and is very shifty, quick, good blocker (for his size ). He's definitely going to be challenged but if someone can truly beat him out for his WR spot then we are in good shape.
Returner role: I think he'll be replaced. Between the muffs, that scary injury, and incoming speed.

Maybe "starting" slot receiver in a sense

But I doubt he'd ever land higher on the depth chart than Fields, Bobo, Winfree and Ross

Those muffed punts baffled me. He hadn't had any issues then, BAM!, two muffs in one game. Pretty clearly the combo of sky high punts and the night sky were the culprits. And in hind sight, it brought Oliver in and he has a chance to by dynamic, so even his mistakes helped the team.

Those muffed punts baffled me. He hadn't had any issues then, BAM!, two muffs in one game. Pretty clearly the combo of sky high punts and the night sky were the culprits. And in hind sight, it brought Oliver in and he has a chance to by dynamic, so even his mistakes helped the team.
Punt return isn't easy no matter what really. It just comes with the job.

Maybe "starting" slot receiver in a sense

But I doubt he'd ever land higher on the depth chart than Fields, Bobo, Winfree and Ross

He's never going to be the top choice at an outside position, that isn't what he does.

He does have a skillset though that none of our other receivers have from the slot or working in tight traffic in the middle of the field. When you need a third and 4 he is the best option we have right now.

Nixon looks like a guy who can work in similar situations but he is also different.

JMac may get called on less simply because there are more options on next years team. He may also lose some touches if the OL gets better at pass pro giving Montez more opportunity to go downfield.

The big change would be if Falo comes to Boulder. In that case he would become the number one option in the middle of the field in place of JMac.

J-Mac had some clutch 3rd down catches in November, and played well overall. He's earned his spot.

Saw a PFF review of Sefo and they said his biggest weakness in the passing game was crossing routes. I am thinking MacIntyre and hopefully Falo will see a bigger role going forward as the next QB (I would say Noyer is probably the best as these currently) uses the middle of the field more effectively.

Who the **** thought it would be a good idea to let this kid have a role at AB? Does he get paid?
images

Saw a PFF review of Sefo and they said his biggest weakness in the passing game was crossing routes. I am thinking MacIntyre and hopefully Falo will see a bigger role going forward as the next QB (I would say Noyer is probably the best as these currently) uses the middle of the field more effectively.

I agree, from what I saw this year, Noyer is definitely our best option in these situations. Next year, I anticipate a QB rotation where Montez handles the fly route and deep post plays, and Noyer is in on drag plays, screens, hitches....Lytle handles all running plays. The defense will never know what's coming!

Last edited:
Just want to add this onto here, I think Ento makes an impact too, it might be hard for any of the freshman to step up and make an impact right away unless it's in a scatback role or someone gets hurt.

Back