What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George: 9/10/22

Do you support Rick George?

• I support Rick George

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • I do not support Rick George

Votes: 111 91.7%

• Total voters
You must not be familiar with the history of CU basketball. Also, Boyle wins despite the Athletic Department. Go be wrong somewhere else.
I can say this from the POV of somebody who played for him in Greeley briefly-He's a hell of a basketball coach, and we're lucky to have him. I don't think you guys have any idea how big a mess he had on his hands when he took the UNC job-We (I use that term because I actually on that team lol) were DEAD LAST in RPI the year before he got there. Started off 0-14. He had UNC competitive fast, and for him to take UNC from that to 25 wins and a postseason bid is unreal. Then to have CU MBB at a point where NCAA tourney bids are expectations in more years than not? I can say this-He's a leader in a way that I don't think we've seen a while around here. He cares about his kids and this program. I do believe he's taken CU basketball to new heights-both in terms of on the court success and in recruiting. He's the greatest coach in Colorado basketball history-and there's nobody who is even in that conversation. He's taken this program to the Round of 32........twice? Prior to Tad getting here, NCAA tournament bids were rare at best. He's raised this program to the level where that's the expectation more often than not. He's won 20 games 9 times in 12 years IIRC? How many 20 win seasons do we have as program? I'd be shocked if its much higher than 15.

He's won at a level this program has never seen, and here's what makes his run even more special-he's done it the right way. I can't remember the last time one of CU's players made the wrong kind of news for something that didn't happen on the floor. Tad's in charge of CU MBB as long as he wants to be AFAIC. I would love to see him retire at CU and be known for what he's done here. No reason I don't see that happening right now. Think of the next football search in terms of trying to find a coach who have a similar impact in football to the one Tad's had in basketball.

I think what he did was great with our facilities. I think we need some new energy and a dynamic new AD to help solve this mess we’re in.
Great with facilities? No

Average, at best.

IPF, long overdue.
Overpriced corner of the stadium "luxury" seats? GTFO.
No notable improvement to the CUEC. Inexcusable.

Raise the standard.

Folsom has so much going for it with the weather, the views, Ralphie and the other traditions. IMO, ADRG, is, at best, coasting on facilities.

Last edited:
WTF happened to Rick George?

This was the guy who raised the money to get the Champions Center built, brought beer to home games and pushed MacIntyre out for not meeting his expectations, hiring Mel Tucker.

How the fvck do you go from being that guy to what we've seen with hiring Karl Dorrell, giving him a ridiculous contract, doing nothing with new facilities initiatives, and bungling NIL despite sitting on the fvcking NCAA committee?
It’s almost like someone or some group of people told him to stand down.

The thing that we should worry about if he were to be fired is who would be hiring his replacement. Because that is a bigger problem than Rick is. I’m sure USC fans think Mike Bohn is awesome. So why wasn’t he awesome here? Why was Morolt so successful?

PD surprised everybody, including Mike Bohn, when he called Bohn into his office and fired him. Supposedly due to MB not understanding the financial importance. MB is still pissed. And yes, RG came in and made some great changes and improvements. Seems like they're 180 degrees off regarding all three of those actors.

Last edited:
PD surprised everybody, including Mike Bohn, when he called Bohn into his office and fired him. Supposedly due to MB not understanding the financial importance. MB is still pissed. And yes, RG came in and made some great changes and improvements. Seems like we're 180 degrees off regarding all three of those actors.
Yeah. It’s a systemic issue up there. Not a RG issue. Who the hell would want the frigging job right now?

Last edited:
PD surprised everybody, including Mike Bohn, when he called Bohn into his office and fired him. Supposedly due to MB not understanding the financial importance. MB is still pissed. And yes, RG came in and made some great changes and improvements. Seems like they're 180 degrees off regarding all three of those actors.
That is revisionist history. Benson wanted Bohn fired because he was not meeting fundraising expectations.

That is revisionist history. Benson wanted Bohn fired because he was not meeting fundraising expectations.
That's probably true. But not revisionist. Benson and PD didn't like that Bohn didn't raise funds to their expectations. RG comes in and gets a lot of funds to get things built. Fires MM. Hires MT. Then things 180 degree turn. PD, and now Pres. Saliman, have done nothing

Bohn goes to Cincinnati and gets their FB and BB in upper tiers. USC recruits him and changes made to support them in top tier. Appears to be 180 degree turn from CU's perception and support.

Last edited:
He got his fat payday and is now riding out the rest of his contract grifting the university. Kinda makes sense given his known political affiliations.
Random-and I'm asking because I can't remember. Did he use a search firm to find Tucker?

I’ll never forget seeing RG on the field after the Nebraska comeback in 2019 - the guy was as fired up as any fan and celebrating like it mattered more than anything. Where did that guy go?
View attachment 54120
Or when we saw him celebrating with Tad with them yelling "Fvck yeah!" after winning at USC as payback for the Enfield timeout game. Where's the fire?

I think our problem is Saban. First, he helps Michigan State orchestrate the Mel Tucker hire. Second, he convinces Sark taking the CU job wouldn't be in his best interest and gives him more money to stay another year.

I'm convinced Saban has jealousy issues and has it out for our football program.

Or when we saw him celebrating with Tad with them yelling "Fvck yeah!" after winning at USC as payback for the Enfield timeout game. Where's the fire?
The guy who said he'd be happy to keep paying the Pac12 fines for fans storming the field post-win.

Guys- the “why is Mike Bohn so awesome now” question isn’t hard- Mike Bohn was hired in 2005. He hired Hawkins in 2006- keep in mind that at the time, that was considered a home run hire by local and national media. Boise State was a machine at that point, and (it looked like) Hawkins built it.

then, PD is appointed in 2009 and suddenly CU is too poor to fire Hawkins at the end of the season. Then CU strikes out on Butch Jones, because they let him leave town without signing a contract. PD was intimately involved in that negotiation; you can lay the blame at his feet.

When jones fell through, a number of former buffs were so embarrassed that they pulled political strings (through PD) to get a guy hired that wouldn’t embarrass the university by jilting them.

honestly, as someone who loves CU, the most embarrassing part of all of this is that PD still has a job, even after multiple DUIs, tone deaf “anti racism” (including the “plantation” comments), screwing up the response to multiple campus safety incidents, the Tumpkin fiasco, John Eastman, and running CU football into the ground. He should have been fired- for cause- long ago.

Last edited:

This was the guy who raised the money to get the Champions Center built, brought beer to home games and pushed MacIntyre out for not meeting his expectations, hiring Mel Tucker.

How the fvck do you go from being that guy to what we've seen with hiring Karl Dorrell, giving him a ridiculous contract, doing nothing with new facilities initiatives, and bungling NIL despite sitting on the fvcking NCAA committee?
I answered this in another thread. Midnight doing what he did completely broke RG mentally. Everything he's done after that point has been completely nonsensical. Hiring his friend from 40 years ago who no one knew, who had a miserable track record and a worse personality, AND giving him an unreal 5 year multimillion dollar 100% guaranteed contract was the biggest white flag, mail it in, give up, I don't wanna deal with this signal there ever was. RG just flat out doesn't want to deal with the unfavorable landscape he faces (largely of his own engineering) in hiring a real coach and keeping one.

In short, he has completely checked out mentally and emotionally. Kind of like his pathetic HC hire has.

Off to look for a new coach.

shoes GIF

This!!!

Additionally he almost had Sark landed…and then everything went to hell.

I’ll admit I am still conflicted about him.

Yes. IIRC 5 years a million per. Runs through June 30, 2026. Expect the clown show to run for a little less than four more years.
That sucks. No way both him and KD get fired. Guess we’re stuck with him making the next hire.

Guys- the “why is Mike Bohn so awesome now” question isn’t hard- Mike Bohn was hired in 2005. He hired Hawkins in 2006- keep in mind that at the time, that was considered a home run hire by local and national media. Boise State was a machine at that point, and (it looked like) Hawkins built it.

then, PD is appointed in 2009 and suddenly CU is too poor to fire Hawkins at the end of the season. Then CU strikes out on Butch Jones, because they let him leave town without signing a contract. PD was intimately involved in that negotiation; you can lay the blame at his feet.

When jones fell through, a number of former buffs were so embarrassed that they pulled political strings (through PD) to get a guy hired that wouldn’t embarrass the university by jilting them.

honestly, as someone who loves CU, the most embarrassing part of all of this is that PD still has a job, even after multiple DUIs, tone deaf “anti racism” (including the “plantation” comments), screwing up the response to multiple campus safety incidents, the Tumpkin fiasco, John Eastman, and running CU football into the ground. He should have been fired- for cause- long ago.
There is no point in firing HCKD if PD is still cupping RG's balls during the hire process. Saliman needs to get rid of the rot at the top first.

Back