What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ryan Day - Head Coach Ohio State Buckeyes

Lombardi says its Day pending a background check-I also responded to Thamel yesterday with a tweet saying our insiders are saying Ryan Day and that got a like from Troy Renck before he started talking about Ryan Day on there........which leads me to believe its Ryan Day.

Lombardi says its Day pending a background check-I also responded to Thamel yesterday with a tweet saying our insiders are saying Ryan Day and that got a like from Troy Renck before he started talking about Ryan Day on there........which leads me to believe its Ryan Day.

Where did you see any of this?

I sent this to Ryan Day.

1342649348298_3291118.png

Been a ton of rumors this year Day would become coach in waiting and take over. Don’t see Day leaving Ohio State. Also wouldn’t want him to be here for one year and then leave.

Seems more and more likely it will wind up being Tucker or Lake.

Been a ton of rumors this year Day would become coach in waiting and take over. Don’t see Day leaving Ohio State. Also wouldn’t want him to be here for one year and then leave.

Seems more and more likely it will wind up being Tucker or Lake.

You know you formally do that and he'd have to recruit the same way a head coach does right?

I doubt Schiano would stick around. The only reason he didn’t get the interim HC job and Day got it was because OSU couldn’t promote him with the UT baggage after Urban got suspended for his own baggage. Optics matter in college football. Doubt he will be there if Day is HIW.

You know you formally do that and he'd have to recruit the same way a head coach does right?
Yes. There aren’t many schools that can pull it off. Most times it fails. But if one school could it would be OSU. It’s probably more likely they are spinning Urban will be there next year to keep the recruiting class until singing day and then he steps down.

If not, I’m sure Day has no problem waiting a year. It’s tOSU. Top 2-3 job in CFB.

Yes. There aren’t many schools that can pull it off. Most times it fails. But if one school could it would be OSU. It’s probably more likely they are spinning Urban will be there next year to keep the recruiting class until singing day and then he steps down.

If not, I’m sure Day has no problem waiting a year. It’s tOSU. Top 2-3 job in CFB.

Meh let's see how things turn out. They still could and should decide to go after Matt Campbell when Urban leaves, and given what he's done in the hellhole that is Ames, they're stupid if they don't have a conversation with him.

Meh let's see how things turn out. They still could and should decide to go after Matt Campbell when Urban leaves, and given what he's done in the hellhole that is Ames, they're stupid if they don't have a conversation with him.

I think OSU has a great thing going. Most AD’s would likely try and keep that thing humming instead of making a huge change. Doesn’t mean it’s the best long term move, but that’s what tends to happen.

I think OSU has a great thing going. Most AD’s would likely try and keep that thing humming instead of making a huge change. Doesn’t mean it’s the best long term move, but that’s what tends to happen.

If you're Oregon right after Chip Kelly leaves, you're probably right. If you're a blue blood like Ohio State-you're way off. They can hire anybody they want and keep rolling.

Going to comment a few days after the champ game. Yea, I think Day is out.

And then there was this - adding credibility to the tOSU boards thinking this was recycled old news b.s. conjecture about Day being verbally assured of CIW and given a bunch of money because Urban's stepping down in a month or a year:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...h-denies-report-urban-meyer-expects-step-down
Day, 39, has been mentioned as a potential candidate for head-coaching vacancies at Colorado and Maryland. He also likely would be considered at Kansas State if Bill Snyder steps down, according to sources.
A source close to Day told ESPN on Friday that he isn't withdrawing his name from consideration for coaching opportunities this year.

the 'silly season' continues ....

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...h-denies-report-urban-meyer-expects-step-down
Day, 39, has been mentioned as a potential candidate for head-coaching vacancies at Colorado and Maryland. He also likely would be considered at Kansas State if Bill Snyder steps down, according to sources.
A source close to Day told ESPN on Friday that he isn't withdrawing his name from consideration for coaching opportunities this year.

the 'silly season' continues ....

Lol not withdrawing his name? Of course he isn’t, who would??

Lol not withdrawing his name? Of course he isn’t, who would??
They all announce they are withdrawing their names if they don't get a job they want and still have a job to return to.

Didn't Mason just "withdraw his name" from consideration for the CU job? :ROFLMAO:

It sounds like Day is gone (to Colorado) and the AD or agent is leaking things so OSU can say theythey t everything they could to keep him? Gotta keep those fans and boosters happy.

It sounds like Day is gone (to Colorado) and the AD or agent is leaking things so OSU can say theythey t everything they could to keep him? Gotta keep those fans and boosters happy.
If Day is coming (as most rumors have been since Wednesday night), then my 2 takes are:

1. Amazing job to Rick & Lance for not letting that get out.

2. If I ever need an agent, I want Day's because all of a sudden it went from quiet to that dude getting mentioned for everything like he's trying to get an 11th hour deal sweetener from CU.

They all announce they are withdrawing their names if they don't get a job they want and still have a job to return to.

Didn't Mason just "withdraw his name" from consideration for the CU job? :ROFLMAO:

Haha true. I just meant who would say, “nope I’m staying here! I don’t want to be a head coach!!!”

Searching the interwebs for news articles from 20+ years ago is hard, but

Last time we hired a coach from the Big 10, there were very strong, very credible statements that he was not leaving; up to, and including, that coach telling players on his team that he would be coaching them the next year.

I was pissed because he was my #1 choice to become the new coach at CU.

And then, about a week later, he was named coach at the University of Colorado.

Back