What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

Yep. Unless there's a Penn State email relating to how they should handle the Sandusky situation and a justification for sweeping it under the rug is the impact the scandal could have on the football program (recruiting, transfers, donations, etc.)... this is not an NCAA issue.

Even then it's not an NCAA issue. It's an NCAA issue only if there is 1) an unfair advantage in recruiting (gifts, money, girls, etc.), or 2) an improper benefit given to a player already in your program (e.g., a house for his parents, a car, etc.).

Misbehavior by a coach of this kind (and the ensuing coverup), as heinous as it is, does not involve either of those things.

The reason the CU "scandal" didn't invoke the ire of the NCAA is because they decided early on that the athletic department and coaching staff had nothing to do with the party at which Ms. Simpson had crazy drunken sex.

Even then it's not an NCAA issue. It's an NCAA issue only if there is 1) an unfair advantage in recruiting (gifts, money, girls, etc.), or 2) an improper benefit given to a player already in your program (e.g., a house for his parents, a car, etc.).

Misbehavior by a coach of this kind (and the ensuing coverup), as heinous as it is, does not involve either of those things.

The reason the CU "scandal" didn't invoke the ire of the NCAA is because they decided early on that the athletic department and coaching staff had nothing to do with the party at which Ms. Simpson had crazy drunken sex.

Thanks, L Buff.

I am not aware of specific NCAA regulations that would have been violated by what happened at PSU. As voluminous as the NCAA regulations are it wouldn't surprise me if they can't find things that could be interpretted as violations and levy penalties if they wanted to. The school is going to be buried so deep in defending itself in court that they probably wouldn't fight it vey hard either.

That said in addition to Sandusky if the information about the administration failing to report and follow up we may very well see administrators going to jail, if even for a few month, to set an example.

As I mentioned earlier if they can find evidence that the school had information about Sandusky taking kids across state lines and assaulting them then I can see the civil cases going to the federal courts where PSU does not have governmental immunity. They may not have enough money left to buy a football much less run an athletic program.

Lack of Institutional Control

I think the NCAA has contacted PSU about this concerning Sandusky. I hope the NCAA blows the place up. Death Penalty. Shut the Athletic Department down for five years and make PSU pay the tuition for their scholarship athletes at PSU or anywhere else; the PSU student athletes aren't at fault. They (PSU AD & Admin) knowingly harbored a raging pedophile. Sandusky operated without remorse knowing that no one would do anything since he was a crony of King JoePa. Make an example of them to demonstrate that there are things more important than the football team.

Even if the NCAA doesn't have the authority or jurisdiction to impose the death penalty, they should do it anyway and let PSU challenge them in court. Can you imagine a lawyer for PSU arguing "Well yeah we knew he was shtupping kids in the shower but that doesn't mean we don't know what's important in running an athletic program". That would be must-see TV.

This is a strange issue, as PSU basically covered up criminal activity for the benefit of the football program. I'm not sure if the NCAA has any kind of bylaws to address possible sanctions based on criminal activity by the school, but as people are pointing out, the NCAA may be the least of their problems when it comes to their athletic department.

I wonder what the BigCantCount conference is thinking now.
I'll save OMFGasm the trouble and write this post for him.

The B1G will be just fine! With our new state of the art stadium and our top notch Farm and Ranch Management, Metalsmithing and Fibers programs, CSU becomes the obvious logical choice to replace PSU!
DERP!!!

I think what bothers me most right now is that this guy is reaming those kids all over again by making them testify. I wish he'd just fall on a sword (no inappropriate pun intended or requested).

He will get a life sentence, but it will be turned into a death sentence when prison inmates apply their justice system.

i'm honestly shocked sandusky hasn't put a bullet in his head yet

I honestly think he believes he's done nothing wrong ... much as NAMBLA members think it's okey-dokey to bugger little boys because they "love" them.

The greatest enabler of them all lived in his house. :rolling_eyes:

I honestly think he believes he's done nothing wrong ... much as NAMBLA members think it's okey-dokey to bugger little boys because they "love" them.

His lawyer is from the same bunch. Married a 16 yo girl when he was close to 40.

People like that seem like they don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure that deep inside Sandusky is convinced that he was doing these boys a favor.

You summed it up perfectly.....

The best is yet to come. The defense will present it's case next week. Sandusky's lawyer is either a complete idiot or he has nothing to stand on - we will find out. That bitch Dottie is scheduled to testify, that alone will be worth a few laughs. The Tickle Monster himself may take the stand. At this point it doesn't look like he has anything to lose by doing it. He is probably in front of a mirror right now practicing crocodile tears. Maybe he will give a demo on blowing rasberries!

dottie.jpg
Those two premises are not mutually exclusive.
Your'e 100% correct - my error.
That's the SUV behind her that she tried to run over that female reporter with standing in front of her house.

Last edited:
speaking of which, anyone got pics of that wife?

Another legal question for Snow and the rest of the lawyers on the board as we mention the wife.

We know that there are going to be some huge money civil suits and I hope PSU gets cleaned out for letting this happen. We also know that Sandusky is going to be sued but lots of time they can put assets in the wifes name and she manages to walk away with most of the stuff and a fairly high standard of living. With the testimony that this stuff happened in the house, at least one victim screamed for help, and the wife ignored it, how hard is it going to be to hold her partially responsible in the civil cases and clean her out of assets? She isn't going to jail, at least not unless something comes up we don't know about, but she couldn't have not known that something was going on that was disgusting and wrong. She kept her mouth shut out of loyalty to her husband and a desire not to lose her standard of living.

At the minimum she needs to spend the rest of her life living in a small apartment on a social security check wondering why she didn't speak up,

Another legal question for Snow and the rest of the lawyers on the board as we mention the wife.

We know that there are going to be some huge money civil suits and I hope PSU gets cleaned out for letting this happen. We also know that Sandusky is going to be sued but lots of time they can put assets in the wifes name and she manages to walk away with most of the stuff and a fairly high standard of living. With the testimony that this stuff happened in the house, at least one victim screamed for help, and the wife ignored it, how hard is it going to be to hold her partially responsible in the civil cases and clean her out of assets? She isn't going to jail, at least not unless something comes up we don't know about, but she couldn't have not known that something was going on that was disgusting and wrong. She kept her mouth shut out of loyalty to her husband and a desire not to lose her standard of living.

At the minimum she needs to spend the rest of her life living in a small apartment on a social security check wondering why she didn't speak up,
yikes. You hear that lawyers? You all just got lumped in with me!

I think she walked into a bathroom in a hotel during a bowl trip and found The Tickle Monster with a child.

Fraudulent transfer laws. I don't know if they have them in PA, my guess is they would. As I understand it, if Jerry the freakin' pederast pervert (allegedly) Sandusky transfers assets to this fat, homely, hear no evil wife for anything less than fair market value, the transaction can be unwound or the claimant can join the recipient of the asset in the civil suit, or something like that.

Fraudulent transfer laws. I don't know if they have them in PA, my guess is they would. As I understand it, if Jerry the freakin' pederast pervert (allegedly) Sandusky transfers assets to this fat, homely, hear no evil wife for anything less than fair market value, the transaction can be unwound or the claimant can join the recipient of the asset in the civil suit, or something like that.

My question is would she have a degree of civil liability for failing to act in a manner that could/would have prevented multiple crimes against children from happening. Is she an accomplice in this sense since a "reasonable" person could have stopped it from happening, instead she covered for him, allowed him to continue being with children, and allowed it to happen in their shared home.

She didn't rob the bank but she knew he was going in with a mask and a gun and she drove the get away car when he came out with the bag.

My question is would she have a degree of civil liability for failing to act in a manner that could/would have prevented multiple crimes against children from happening. Is she an accomplice in this sense since a "reasonable" person could have stopped it from happening, instead she covered for him, allowed him to continue being with children, and allowed it to happen in their shared home.

She didn't rob the bank but she knew he was going in with a mask and a gun and she drove the get away car when he came out with the bag.
Hmmmm, any civil liability would depend on a finding that one has a duty to keep children from being raped in your basement by your (allegedly) sick **** of a husband. If I were on the jury I would answer that inquiry not as yes, but hell yes. And then I would throat punch Sandusky....

Wow! I just finished watching the end of the replay of JoPa's 400th win on November 6, 2010 on the Big 10 channel (channel surfing due to **** being on this pm).

As the game was winding down, the announcers (including color man and PSU alum Matt Millen) stressed how there had never been any scandals under Joe's watch ... at least that they had heard of.

Exactly just one day short of a year later to the day, this whole ****storm broke when the GJ's report was made public.

Weird. :huh:

And deeper and deeper it goes

Prosecutors have hinted that top university officials knew far more about Sandusky's alleged proclivities than they have let on, submitting a document Monday that says Penn State's former vice president – himself facing charges related to the scandal – maintained a file on Sandusky a decade ago. A Penn State trustee told The Associated Press he now suspects a cover-up.

Yet evidence and testimony from the trial also show there were plenty of people, not just those at the highest levels of the university, who had ample opportunity to stop a man accused of violating 10 boys over 15 years:

_ A janitor failed to tell authorities he allegedly caught Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy in a campus shower a dozen years ago.

_ A district attorney with a reputation for prosecuting cases involving children and sexual abuse victims declined to charge Sandusky over a 1998 molestation allegation even though the detective who investigated thought it was a solid case. The DA, Ray Gricar, disappeared in 2005 and was declared legally dead last year. (L Buff editorial comment: Okay .. this one has me freaked out). :wow:

_ School district officials were skeptical of abuse claims brought by the young man known in court papers as Victim 1 because, the accuser testified, Sandusky was considered to have a "heart of gold." Victim 1's allegations eventually triggered the state investigation that produced charges.

_ One accuser testified he screamed out for help at least once when Sandusky's wife, Dottie, was in the house. He doesn't know whether she heard his cries.

Back