What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-25 Tracking History Thread

I know that some fans get frustrated because Shedeur holds the ball too long, or sacrifices the easy pass for the deep pass. And his talent hasn't always translated to wins.

But man, I'm going to miss having a QB that I trust to find an open receiver and throw a deadly accurate catchable ball. I don't want to ever take him for granted. That dude is a magician.
Shedeur know who his team is. When he got here this was a team that had a huge talent deficit compared to most teams we played. Shedeur knew that if he didn't take some risks and make things happen that we were going to lose. Nobody else was going to carry the weight and if we didn't outscore people we weren't going to win.

He still has some of that mentality but it's worth noting that as our defense has gotten significantly better and recently as we have seen an increasing (still not great but increasing) contribution from the running game he isn't taking as many sacks. He is instead happy with fewer pass attempts and to make those throws quicker releases with less big play potential.

By nature and by talent he is probably always going to be a big play type QB. He is going to drive his offensive coaches in the NFL nuts but at the same time they are going to be glad to have him.

Shedeur is great.

Also, Kordell would be murdering defenses in modern college football.
Coaches in that era had no idea of how to use a guy with Kordell's talents. When you look at what they do with some of the physically gifted guys now and imagine Kordell.

Also believe that they started the transition in Kordell from a triple option QB to a passing QB late. For all his failings Neiheisel did a good job in changing Kordell's game. If he had started that transition seriously even a year earlier I think Kordell would have been better as a college and pro QB.

Shedeur ranks...

5th nationally in passing yards (16 behind Dart for 3rd)
5th nationally in passing TDs (5 behind Ward for #1)
4th nationally in comp % (ahead of both Dart and Ward)

His rushing stats are awful because he's the 3rd most sacked QB in the country and he only has another 2 rushing TDs (Cam has 3)

Point is, he's widely considered the a top 2 QB in the country, is projected to be a top 5 pick, and is on a team that is 5-2 and contending for the Big 12 Championship. Why isn't he even in the conversation for the Heisman right now? An award that is typically between the top 2-3 QBs on good teams, and he's not even being talked about right now.

I do think if CU can get to 7-2 with him putting up some typical SS stat lines, he will probably enter the conversation, but it surprises me that he's essentially fallen off the list at this point.

Was saying more so for the Browns. I doubt he goes to the NFL unless the cowboys come calling… and Jerry Jones may be dumb enough for that
I think if the Cowboys were in a position to hire Prime and draft Shedeur, he would probably give that a lot of consideration, but they already paid Dak this year and even if they could get rid of him, they wouldn't be able to guarantee Shedeur being a Cowboy (unless of course they kind of forced the issue by SS refusing to go anywhere else).

Shedeur ranks...

His rushing stats are awful because he's the 3rd most sacked QB in the country and he only has another 2 rushing TDs (Cam has 3)

Point is, he's widely considered the a top 2 QB in the country, is projected to be a top 5 pick, and is on a team that is 5-2 and contending for the Big 12 Championship. Why isn't he even in the conversation for the Heisman right now? An award that is typically between the top 2-3 QBs on good teams, and he's not even being talked about right now.

I do think if CU can get to 7-2 with him putting up some typical SS stat lines, he will probably enter the conversation, but it surprises me that he's essentially fallen off the list at this point.
Plus, he and Ward have been exceptionally clutch

Prime is never going to coach in the NFL, because then he might be coaching AGAINST one of his kids.
Coach at CU, send guys to the league, fly out of Denver anywhere he wants to on Sundays or Mondays to watch them play. Private jets always available to him.

Shedeur ranks...

Because he got destroyed by Nebraska. And Ward hasn't lost. If Shedeur had managed the comeback against KSU, well, he'd probably be shooting up the talk shows.

I didn’t ask why he wasn’t the Heisman favorite or ahead of Ward. I asked why he wasn’t even in the conversation or top 10 in odds.
And I answered. As for the part of the answer that was a comparison, you are the one who compared him to Ward, I'm not sure why me using Ward as a contrast was somehow out of line.

Back