What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-25 Tracking History Thread

And I answered. As for the part of the answer that was a comparison, you are the one who compared him to Ward, I'm not sure why me using Ward as a contrast was somehow out of line.
So despite one bad game he still ranks in the top 5 nationally, but is not even in the conversation. I compared him to the #1 QB in each of those categories to give context, it wasn't a Shedeur vs Ward specific comparison I was trying to make.

So despite one bad game he still ranks in the top 5 nationally, but is not even in the conversation. I compared him to the #1 QB in each of those categories to give context, it wasn't a Shedeur vs Ward specific comparison I was trying to make.
Then don't make a Ward specific comparison I guess?

He's also not leading a lights out offense. His passing yards are gaudy but we are not a top 25 offense. To be in the heisman contention you need to be a QB of a near perfect winning team or be doing something really special (Travis) nearly every week.

He's doing good QB things, but without more wins, that's not enough. Getting destroyed on national television by a middling B10 team killed his candidacy. Failing to bring us back against KSU killed his chances at reviving it. If he strings 4 special games together, maybe?

I would gander that it's mostly due to the national media disdain for Shedeur rather than his on field performance. One bad game shouldn't exclude him from being at least in the conversation.

Sheduer will pull an Elway/Manning if Cleveland drafts him. They are in salary cap hell and are years away from being able to invest in talent.

There's 0% chance CP leaves us for Cleveland. Any coach who takes that job is losing for 2 years before they have a chance.

Shedeur ranks...

5th nationally in passing yards (16 behind Dart for 3rd)
5th nationally in passing TDs (5 behind Ward for #1)
4th nationally in comp % (ahead of both Dart and Ward)

His rushing stats are awful because he's the 3rd most sacked QB in the country and he only has another 2 rushing TDs (Cam has 3)

Point is, he's widely considered the a top 2 QB in the country, is projected to be a top 5 pick, and is on a team that is 5-2 and contending for the Big 12 Championship. Why isn't he even in the conversation for the Heisman right now? An award that is typically between the top 2-3 QBs on good teams, and he's not even being talked about right now.

I do think if CU can get to 7-2 with him putting up some typical SS stat lines, he will probably enter the conversation, but it surprises me that he's essentially fallen off the list at this point.
1. Travis is a better story for Heisman. There are QBs to talk about every year, how often do you get a unicorn.

2. Colorado stunk the last 2/3 of last year, Shedeur didn't put him in the spotlight with wins.

3. As easy as he makes their job a lot of media people don't like Prime because he doesn't act like they think he should and he doesn't kiss the media in the backside. Their dislike for prime gets transferred to his son(s).

Shedeur ranks...

5th nationally in passing yards (16 behind Dart for 3rd)
5th nationally in passing TDs (5 behind Ward for #1)
4th nationally in comp % (ahead of both Dart and Ward)

His rushing stats are awful because he's the 3rd most sacked QB in the country and he only has another 2 rushing TDs (Cam has 3)

Point is, he's widely considered the a top 2 QB in the country, is projected to be a top 5 pick, and is on a team that is 5-2 and contending for the Big 12 Championship. Why isn't he even in the conversation for the Heisman right now? An award that is typically between the top 2-3 QBs on good teams, and he's not even being talked about right now.

I do think if CU can get to 7-2 with him putting up some typical SS stat lines, he will probably enter the conversation, but it surprises me that he's essentially fallen off the list at this point.
He's not the best player on his own team.

He's not the best player on his own team.
That’s true but that doesn’t preclude another deserving player to be in the conversation. Also, the best player has now missed the better part of two straight games and needs to be pretty dominant in the remaining 5 games to get the nod, IMO

We don't want both Travis and Shedeur in the Heisman conversation. They won't finish 1-2 => they'll cannabalize the votes that would have gone to just one of them.

Sheduer will pull an Elway/Manning if Cleveland drafts him. They are in salary cap hell and are years away from being able to invest in talent.

There's 0% chance CP leaves us for Cleveland. Any coach who takes that job is losing for 2 decades before they have a chance.
FIFY

We don't want both Travis and Shedeur in the Heisman conversation. They won't finish 1-2 => they'll cannabalize the votes that would have gone to just one of them.
I’ve never understood this argument. It’s not one vote per voter, it’s ranked choice voting and the winner is declared from a point system. Two candidates from the same team shouldn’t lead to other candidates jumping the most deserving one.

Back