What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sherrone Moore - OC / OL Michigan

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Only 36 years old and maybe not as experienced as people might want, but he's been nails since taking over the offense the past 2 seasons at Michigan. They impose their will through the OL. Violent and physical as hell. I think he's the main reason that Harbaugh's program went from treading water to being a national contender again, beating OSU last season.

On3-Thumbnail-Size-2021-12-22T125111.005.png

Sherrone Moore
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Playing career
Biographical details
Current position
TitleCo-offensive coordinator
Offensive line coach
TeamMichigan
ConferenceBig Ten
BornFebruary 3, 1986 (age 36)
Derby, Kansas
Alma materUniversity of Oklahoma (2008)
University of Louisville (2011)
2006–2007Oklahoma
Position(s)Guard
2009–2011Louisville (GA)
2012–2013Louisville (TE)
2014–2016Central Michigan (TE)
2017Central Michigan (AHC/TE/RC)
2018–2020Michigan (TE)
2021–presentMichigan (co-OC/OL)

2020 abbreviated season: 2-4 record; 28.3 ppg; 250.3 yards passing/game; 131.0 yards rushing/game. Moore was then promoted from TE coach.

Under Moore:

2021: 12-2 record; 35.8 ppg; 228.7 yards passing/game; 214.4 yards rushing/game
2022: 3-0 record so far; 55.3 ppg; 266.3 yards passing/game; 231.3 yards rushing/game

It's a run-based offense, but it's pretty balanced. Pretty much works out to 3 passes for every 4 runs.

If we're going the coordinator route, Moore is right at the top of my list. Part of it is the Michigan-->Colorado success in CU's past, so it seems like the culture translates. I also like that his background is Big 8 country.

And I especially love that he's known as one of the country's best recruiters.

What’s the conventional wisdom in Ann Arbor on who was most responsible for UM’s turnaround between Moore and Gattis?

highly intriguing, but honestly would be shocked if he's interested. He keeps performing like he is and he's gonna get one of the jobs he wants in the P2

Yeah I thought it was Gattis that was more of the playcaller?

Although interesting Gattis dipped to Miami and Moore remained, so maybe not

Love the physicality he brings on O, but I am hesitant as I think that is more Harbaugh than Moore.

Ed Orgeron. Nobody will understand a word he says in Boulder. And it would definitely spice up the weekends for old bags at Boulder gas stations (assuming gas stations aren't outlawed there).

Back