What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some of you need to slow your roll (respect the players and coaches)

It mystifies me that so many "Buff fans" have no respect or concern for the current Buff players. I see a lot of hypocrites, who care only about their own needs and desires. The 'net has produced some really selfish folks.

DS truly dumped on the players at that meeting - and as he said, he was making a documentary, and that was part of it. Rather than a closed door meeting and extending some dignity, he put on a "prime-time" show for his cameramen.

I understand and join in the excitement about DS and our athletic future, but think those who throw current Buffs in the trash are truly losers.

Remember, just like trump, DS is not God. Get a grip on your hero worship.
Let's lower the requirements and standards of the CU medical school why we are at it because everybody deserves to participate.

I told my buddy this too. Let's enjoy the hope and hype...but there are numerous ways this could go sideways on us.
sideways???? this is going to go EVERY direction. No matter what though, I am glad its my team in the mix now.

There will be 64 losers and only 1 winner each season of NCAA football (Power 5)..... for the first time since 2001, we have a CHANCE to be the 1 in a few years (the P-5 number may change). That alone is worth going in all directions.

I read the entirety of your message three times. I disagree with your assessment of how rampant disrespectful messages are on this page. I have an extensive ignore list, so I fully admit that can color my perception.
I just had to reply to see if you ignore me!

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
Plus, it's going to be a disaster. Inevitably.
If it does turn into a disaster, RG will be standing there having signed MM to a bad contract extension, did not support MT effectively, hired a bum in Kardboard and signed him to an atrocious contract, finally draining ten of millions of dollars only to see the program falter under Prime. He would get the hook quicker than USC fired someone at the airplane terminal.

Then again, RG could come out of this as a top AD, with vision and the ability to regain trust and energy in the dormant program.

It mystifies me that so many "Buff fans" have no respect or concern for the current Buff players. I see a lot of hypocrites, who care only about their own needs and desires. The 'net has produced some really selfish folks.

DS truly dumped on the players at that meeting - and as he said, he was making a documentary, and that was part of it. Rather than a closed door meeting and extending some dignity, he put on a "prime-time" show for his cameramen.

I understand and join in the excitement about DS and our athletic future, but think those who throw current Buffs in the trash are truly losers.

1670433425114.png

I've missed a lot of the conversation here, but I'd like to just add this, as I responded to Kelly with the other day - what we want for everyone is to be able to compete. We want CU to be able to compete, we want the individual players to be able to compete. Some of the players on the current roster weren't able to compete on the level CU plays at. Some of the recruits we were bringing probably wouldn't have been able to compete at the level CU plays at. It's better for them to be able to go somewhere where they actually can compete. (I didn't add this next part on twitter) Some of these kids will be better able to compete at a G5 level, but there's kids who played this year who need to drop to FCS. Especially from a speed perspective.

None of us should 'gloat' about kids leaving. We should be a little sad, appreciative of their time, and wish them well on their journey. But as painful as it might be for some of them right now, letting them hit the portal and go to a G5 or FCS school where they can actually compete is doing them a favor.

As far as the coaches, I mean, they all know it's a business, and most assistants don't survive a head coaching change. I'm definitely appreciative of how hard they worked while there was uncertainty at the head coaching spot, but I am certain that they knew they were leaving soon. Plus, and I'm not disregarding their hard work, it's something that looks better when they're looking for their next job to say they stuck it out and worked their hardest even under trying circumstances than trying to explain why they just sat and collected a paycheck while waiting for the axe to fall. I don't want to sound unappreciative, and leaving Boulder might be hard on them, especially because some of them might have to accept demotions, but we also know that they know how the business works.

Anyway, TL : DR, we can be nice but also be understanding that this is all for the best for most everyone.

tumblr_inline_nxq29mvimD1rt6t87_400.gif

42c7bd1c-1136-42be-bc6b-60fea82f378a_text-1633606159.5896.gif

Perhaps it’s a function of my extensive ignore list, but I have not seen many disrespectful or gloating messages about players and coaches leaving Colorado. Honestly assessing performance is not disrespectful.
yea... you defnitely ignore me

If it does turn into a disaster, RG will be standing there having signed MM to a bad contract extension, did not support MT effectively, hired a bum in Kardboard and signed him to an atrocious contract, finally draining ten of millions of dollars only to see the program falter under Prime. He would get the hook quicker than USC fired someone at the airplane terminal.

Then again, RG could come out of this as a top AD, with vision and the ability to regain trust and energy in the dormant program.
Or what we all hope is the end result.

PD gone, Saliman making it clear that athletics, especially football and basketball are a priority, and everybody saying "Wow, once they got a Chancellor who didn't have his head up his backside that RG is a very effective AD."

First off - I don't like some of the gloating I see regarding players getting pushed out of the program, or recruits losing their offer. We can both support the steps Coach Prime is taking to change the program, and also be grateful to the student-athletes who dedicated their time (and physical health) to CU. We have strict rules on this site regarding how we speak about existing players and recruits, and I think you all need to keep that front of mind. Treat them better.

Second - Lots of us have become drunk on excitement and hope. I would urge you to remember that so far, Coach Prime hasn't signed anyone. He can offer every 5* under the sun, but until they sign on the dotted line, it doesn't mean ****. Until they win football games, it doesn't mean ****. A little bit of skepticism might be good for us before things get much further out of control.

That is all.

Agreed. We havent won anything yet. He hasnt won anything yet other then the CU paycheck championship

He also has some health issues (two toes amputated) though its not Diabetes. But he had a noticeable limp when he did his midnight tour of the facilities.

A little more wait and see, a little less irrational exuberance.

Most of you:

crash GIF

Last edited:
Back