What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

Just got home from the game, and post game chow at Efrains.

Pros: Great time. Crowd showed out. Got to see my son, his new mustache, and his hungover college buddies. Weather was better than expected. Low clouds made the flatirons a beautiful sight. Offense looks competent for the first time in over a decade. Efrains green chile was outstanding.

Cons: My "designated driver" wife got drunk with our friends and forced me to be the responsible one.

In summary: Fixing to break into the Basil Rye to make up for my forced sobriety. Lots to look forward to this fall.
Best summary yet!

Since the program began keeping records in 1953, no spring game has drawn more than 17,800 fans, according to Visit Boulder CEO Charlene Hoffman. Last year’s event drew just 1,950, and the 2021 game drew only 1,000 to Folsom Field, which has a capacity of about 45,000.

“This is a reset for Colorado football,” Buffs Director of NIL, Sadie Baker, told Front Office Sports. “I think this [game] is a kind of a blueprint, kind of a starting point. A new moment for us to shine and get back to where we were.”

Fowler, who has become a mainstay for ESPN college football programming, said that he doesn’t return to his alma mater often — he’s only called one game from the Buffs booth in his career. But when he saw ESPN had slotted the event on its main network, he volunteered.

“I was excited about it,” he said. “I wanted to see them firsthand — them practice, and see how they were coming together, and get some time with the team.”

The surrounding community is cashing in, too. Baker said that all the hotels within a 10-mile radius are sold out for the weekend. In the fall, lodging rates in the area are going for premium prices, and some are requiring a two-night minimum, according to Hoffman
Would it have killed him to get the Folsom Stadium Capacity figure right?

The craziest thing to me was that they could have made so much more money. If we paid 10 bucks for snow covered bleachers, what would people have paid to sit in the premium/club sections or get up on the roof top deck?
We saw people going up to the Byron White club level - were those special invitees or was it probably club-level season tix holders who had the privilege?

The surrounding community is cashing in, too. Baker said that all the hotels within a 10-mile radius are sold out for the weekend. In the fall, lodging rates in the area are going for premium prices, and some are requiring a two-night minimum, according to Hoffman
This is the kind of thing that will buy CP and the program a lot of latitude in the community and keep the pressure on those in the school who have been an obstacle to football and sports in the past.

This is like a giant unplanned bonus for the hotels. Full hotels also mean full restaurants and bars, lots of souvenir sales, gas, etc. etc. It was probably a great weekend for tips for the workers in a lot of businesses. This event made him a lot of friends who really don't care about football.

Rhule is so small time that it makes me want to pick a new rival with actual balls. He’s making them feel like CSU tbh

They are going to be like csu before long since u$c and ucla will toy with them. I’d like to see more games against the Corn but it’s understandable if CU doesn’t renew that series. On the other hand, it will be hilarious if the Nubs don’t renew after we win this year and next year.

They are going to be like csu before long since u$c and ucla will toy with them. I’d like to see more games against the Corn but it’s understandable if CU doesn’t renew that series. On the other hand, it will be hilarious if the Nubs don’t renew after we win this year and next year.
Fuskers will never be like CSU. They will be a bottom feeder but enough of the faithful will stick with them that they won't play in abandoned stadiums.

CSU for as much as we justifiably bust on them face many of the same issues the Buffs do. Many of their students are from other places and go back or at least leave when they finish school there. They also have to compete against the pro sports teams.

The turnout in Boulder Saturday is even more impressive considering that the Nuggets and the Avs are in the middle of playoff series.

And then there is the Colorado factor. How many CU fans if we hadn't had the spring showcase on Saturday would have been skiing or mountain biking (and yes both are happening right now) or out fishing or a variety of other outdoor activities. In Lincoln and Omaha I guess they could take a short drive and throw cowpies.

What would not surprise me in the least is if Nebraska signed up for a series with CSU. Short travel for both teams, Sheep could play their home games in Denver and the corn fans would sell it out. And it would be what both schools like and need. A big paycheck for CSU and an opponent that would not add to the humiliation the corn suffer each year in conference.

Looking forward to what Matt Rhule makes of this.
Not going to bother looking it up but just a question to think about.

In the past 20 years is there any other program in the country that has had 60,000 or more fans in their home stadium to watch the home team give up 50 or more points than Nebraska? Is there one that has half as many?

Fuskers will never be like CSU. They will be a bottom feeder but enough of the faithful will stick with them that they won't play in abandoned stadiums.

CSU for as much as we justifiably bust on them face many of the same issues the Buffs do. Many of their students are from other places and go back or at least leave when they finish school there. They also have to compete against the pro sports teams.

The turnout in Boulder Saturday is even more impressive considering that the Nuggets and the Avs are in the middle of playoff series.

And then there is the Colorado factor. How many CU fans if we hadn't had the spring showcase on Saturday would have been skiing or mountain biking (and yes both are happening right now) or out fishing or a variety of other outdoor activities. In Lincoln and Omaha I guess they could take a short drive and throw cowpies.

What would not surprise me in the least is if Nebraska signed up for a series with CSU. Short travel for both teams, Sheep could play their home games in Denver and the corn fans would sell it out. And it would be what both schools like and need. A big paycheck for CSU and an opponent that would not add to the humiliation the corn suffer each year in conference.

What would be funny is that the nubs are the home team so they can add one more sellout to their sellout streak only to lose to csu.

Looking forward to what Matt Rhule makes of this.

confused kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Back