What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

Considering he ran with the ones, I'd say he's sitting 2nd string behind Horn in the slot.
Serious question, is Mathis on scholarship? For some reason I thought he was a walk on, even though he is prominently featured in the media sites and is the coach’s son. The guy has a great work ethic and did very well in today’s game.

Sweet van! I wanted to make it over, but 430 was so far! I hope you guys had a great tailgate/Spring Game!

chris farley dancing GIF

They should maybe spend a little more time on the different contexts at CU and say, Georgia.
To further Ken’s thought, the article missed the point that Prime made when he discussed his rebuild plan back in Dec/Jan: 40-40-20 is a short term plan to get the program back on track, and future classes will have a more traditional balance with heavier focus on HS recruits.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention this but there was a Pop Warner football team from Dallas/Ft. Worth that traveled here for the game. I think they were the Dallas/Ft. Worth Hawks. They were in our section. Pretty awesome.
I also saw one from KC, and one of the team moms was talking to a security guard about how they came here because they were invited by “coach”, and were supposed to meet with him after the spring game. I thought that was cool.

Maybe mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but the amount of diversity present in town was notable, and a wonderful sight to see.

I also saw one from KC, and one of the team moms was talking to a security guard about how they came here because they were invited by “coach”, and were supposed to meet with him after the spring game. I thought that was cool.

Maybe mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but the amount of diversity present in town was notable, and a wonderful sight to see.
They made an appearance on well off. They were in the facilities asking Jeremiah Brown a million questions. Really cool that. CP does this.

Definitely noticeable inside the stadium, and included a lot of families.

I think CU is a National brand again. People from all over the world are jumping on the wagon, which is a beautiful sight to see.

Here were my thoughts from the game:

• The DL guys we still have on scholarship played damn good given the reps they took. All flashed at times and played hard. Payne especially showed, as did Maddox.
  • Shedeur is a dude. He's like Montez with a brain. Staub looks perfectly on track to be QB2. No threat from QB3, who will be QB4 this summer.
  • the obvious guys flashed and have been noted
What I didn't see posted, and maybe I missed it as I am in the middle of a very busy weekend, was one stark point.

WALKONS were everywhere and in the 2 and 3 deep lineups, apparently ahead of scholarship kids.
TE, WR, DB especially noted.

Did they get beat out this spring? If you are on scholarship and healthy, and playing behind the walkons, there is a stark MESSAGE being sent. Let's see who got it.

Did Deion Smith play or is he hurt? He was listed on the roster. Saw a lot of Hankerson, Edwards, & Venn. Didn't see notice Charlie either. With Smoke coming in I don't see a lot of PT for the others.

Same story for the Jr Buffs near me

Since the program began keeping records in 1953, no spring game has drawn more than 17,800 fans, according to Visit Boulder CEO Charlene Hoffman. Last year’s event drew just 1,950, and the 2021 game drew only 1,000 to Folsom Field, which has a capacity of about 45,000.

“This is a reset for Colorado football,” Buffs Director of NIL, Sadie Baker, told Front Office Sports. “I think this [game] is a kind of a blueprint, kind of a starting point. A new moment for us to shine and get back to where we were.”

Fowler, who has become a mainstay for ESPN college football programming, said that he doesn’t return to his alma mater often — he’s only called one game from the Buffs booth in his career. But when he saw ESPN had slotted the event on its main network, he volunteered.

“I was excited about it,” he said. “I wanted to see them firsthand — them practice, and see how they were coming together, and get some time with the team.”

The surrounding community is cashing in, too. Baker said that all the hotels within a 10-mile radius are sold out for the weekend. In the fall, lodging rates in the area are going for premium prices, and some are requiring a two-night minimum, according to Hoffman

The craziest thing to me was that they could have made so much more money. If we paid 10 bucks for snow covered bleachers, what would people have paid to sit in the premium/club sections or get up on the roof top deck?

Back