What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practices Thread-2023

**** this and whichever 1* mod moved my post.

Read the ****ing thread title- it's "Spring Practices Thread-2023." My post was on topic, relevant, and correctly placed given that:

A) It discusses a 2023 spring practice.

B) It creates context by which to judge CU's practice videos.

C) It features a CU opponent from the upcoming season.

and

D) It is NEVER the wrong place to make fun of the ****ing huskers.

Both you and the mod can get all the way ****ed.
You need to calm down.

You need to calm down.
Fire Burning GIF by Taylor Swift

Coach Prime loving him some Offerdahl.

Great video.

CP is a very good teacher - the "finish" portion is great. That word's meaning, in a sports context, will never leave their minds.

At about 7:30, an assistant coach runs at and collides with a few players - the 3rd one, he head-butts a guy wearing a helmet - who is that coach? Unreal.

I agree with the 'Offerdahl', 'Rudy" comment. He will be a fan favorite.

CP's cowboy hat is starting to take on a more 'urban' look.

what treat these videos are

Great video.

CP is a very good teacher - the "finish" portion is great. That word's meaning, in a sports context, will never leave their minds.

At about 7:30, an assistant coach runs at and collides with a few players - the 3rd one, he head-butts a guy wearing a helmet - who is that coach? Unreal.

I agree with the 'Offerdahl', 'Rudy" comment. He will be a fan favorite.

CP's cowboy hat is starting to take on a more 'urban' look.

what treat these videos are
The assistant coach was Bartolone.

If Victor Venn had the same stats and tape as Offerdahl from last season, people would be excited about his potential. Because he's a white, local walk-on, the assumption is that he can't play and anything he accomplished last year was because we sucked and someone had to play.

I don't know how good he is, but he's definitely not a stiff and I think we need to give him a fair chance before passing any judgment on his ability. He's definitely a hell of a feel good story if he becomes a significant role player for our Buffs.

If Victor Venn had the same stats and tape as Offerdahl from last season, people would be excited about his potential. Because he's a white, local walk-on, the assumption is that he can't play and anything he accomplished last year was because we sucked and someone had to play.

I don't know how good he is, but he's definitely not a stiff and I think we need to give him a fair chance before passing any judgment on his ability. He's definitely a hell of a feel good story if he becomes a significant role player for our Buffs.

He's a nice third option if your RB room is worth a ****.

Nobody was really disparaging him so I don’t know why you decided to go here, but go take a look at his stats and come back and seriously tell me that anyone would be excited had they belonged to Venn.

He’s an undersized RB with no real stand out physical ability. I’m glad he is working hard, taking advantage of Spring reps, and will probably earn a scholarship. It would be cool to see him be a special teams standout, but if he’s getting any meaningful carries in 2023, something went horribly wrong.

Nobody was really disparaging him so I don’t know why you decided to go here, but go take a look at his stats and come back and seriously tell me that anyone would be excited had they belonged to Venn.

He’s an undersized RB with no real stand out physical ability. I’m glad he is working hard, taking advantage of Spring reps, and will probably earn a scholarship. It would be cool to see him be a special teams standout, but if he’s getting any meaningful carries in 2023, something went horribly wrong.
He averaged over 4 ypa and made a couple plays in the passing game when he got an opportunity.

It may not have been this thread or even since practices started, but people have spoken of Offerdahl as if he's emblematic of what was wrong with the program.

He averaged over 4 ypa and made a couple plays in the passing game when he got an opportunity.

It may not have been this thread or even since practices started, but people have spoken of Offerdahl as if he's emblematic of what was wrong with the program.
He himself isn’t, but having a RB depth chart that allows him to see the bulk of the carries in any game is emblematic of what was wrong with the program.

Respectfully, I disagree with you and Duff that he’s a RB3 in a good RB room. I think the projected RB room for the Fall of Smoke, Smith, Edwards, Venn, Offerdahl, and Stacks, I think Offerdahl is very clearly RB5 and that’s a fairly average RB group

Offerdahl is what emblematic of what is wrong with your program if he is starting games for you.

Offerdahl is emblematic of what is right with your program if you have a roster full of guys who have his level of dedication and effort.

Easy to understand why HCP is putting attention on Offerdahl. Message that sends to every player on that roster is that you may have a bunch of talent but if you aren't putting in what it takes to maximize that talent somebody with less talent might be getting your position.

Offerdahl has more in common with Coach Prime than he does with a lot of the guys on the team. Prime was an amazingly gifted athlete in his era but so were a lot of other guys. What made Prime an all-time great was his absolute focus and effort on being the best. The stuff he was talking about in the "Finish" speech to the team was real. I'd be willing to put a beer or two on if you went back and looked at the big plays in his playing career a disproportionate amount of them happened late in the game when winning was on the line.

Prime has brought in a lot of new players but he also has a bunch of holdovers. One of the biggest challenges he faces here is replacing a losing attitude with a winning one.

If you beat Offerdahl it will be because you are better than he is. It won't be because you outworked him or were more dedicated to winning. That is something that everyone will eventually get or they will be replaced.

Interesting thing is Dante capolungo was more well thought of out of Dakota ridge and is also a walk on. Look out for him too

He himself isn’t, but having a RB depth chart that allows him to see the bulk of the carries in any game is emblematic of what was wrong with the program.

Respectfully, I disagree with you and Duff that he’s a RB3 in a good RB room. I think the projected RB room for the Fall of Smoke, Smith, Edwards, Venn, Offerdahl, and Stacks, I think Offerdahl is very clearly RB5 and that’s a fairly average RB group
Hankerson too

Back