What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practices Thread-2023

Realizing my opinion is nothing special, i would still urge every serious Buff FB fan to watch this video. Tremendous insight into Shedeur and his mindset.
Note worthy
:
Former NFL tough guy Brandon Marshall tries to verbally push this "kid" into agreeing to something, and Shedeur puts an arm out, 'fending him off', letting him know, he's no one's fool. He doesn't deny he may be worth $7 million at this point. He has a deal with Tom Brady's clothing line - and is wearing a TB shirt. His desire for success and willingness to work, are very clear

I've never been allowed this much insight into a key Buff player. It's very cool.

Realizing my opinion is nothing special, i would still urge every serious Buff FB fan to watch this video. Tremendous insight into Shedeur and his mindset.
Note worthy
:
Former NFL tough guy Brandon Marshall tries to verbally push this "kid" into agreeing to something, and Shedeur puts an arm out, 'fending him off', letting him know, he's no one's fool. He doesn't deny he may be worth $7 million at this point. He has a deal with Tom Brady's clothing line - and is wearing a TB shirt. His desire for success and willingness to work, are very clear

I've never been allowed this much insight into a key Buff player. It's very cool.

Grown.

One thing I am getting kind of tired of is the constant focus on all the JSU people and transfers, yea we know who they are, I don't need to see them every day. Granted I know Uncle Neely is still doing his thing in Jackson, but would like to see a little more on some of the other players that came in from elsewhere or guys that have stepped up during spring that are holdovers.
They have to build chemistry with them first. Not everyone is outgoing like Ziko and J5

One thing I am getting kind of tired of is the constant focus on all the JSU people and transfers, yea we know who they are, I don't need to see them every day. Granted I know Uncle Neely is still doing his thing in Jackson, but would like to see a little more on some of the other players that came in from elsewhere or guys that have stepped up during spring that are holdovers.
I agree - would be nice to see how the holdovers are transitioning.

I also have a suspicion that film time is used as part of the recruiting pitch to build certain brands, so there is some favoritism to certain players to meet those promises

i know its a scrimmage, but im loving the verticality in the offense and did my eyes deceive me... did I see Slants and throws over the middle?!?!?!

Not possible. Next you’ll tell me a tight end caught a pass.
Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

Like the verticality, also like the quickness of the offense, not waiting for things to develop plays happen bang, bang.

OL is better, bigger and yet moves better. Lichtenhan was getting out of his stance and lateral more than last year.

Staub does look good but Shedeur is going to make our DBs better. Guy throws an NFL ball that gets out quick, gets there quick, and hits the spot it needs to hit. DBs are going to have to step up their games which will help them when we play opponents with good QBs.

Like the verticality, also like the quickness of the offense, not waiting for things to develop plays happen bang, bang.

OL is better, bigger and yet moves better. Lichtenhan was getting out of his stance and lateral more than last year.

Staub does look good but Shedeur is going to make our DBs better. Guy throws an NFL ball that gets out quick, gets there quick, and hits the spot it needs to hit. DBs are going to have to step up their games which will help them when we play opponents with good QBs.
Verts are good, but this scheme will be heavy horizontal, quick, no laces throws for bubbles and swings.

Verts are good, but this scheme will be heavy horizontal, quick, no laces throws for bubbles and swings.
The horizontal quick stuff can be very effective at the college level because LBs and DBs are not as fast and sophisticated in making the reads and reacting.

The vertical stuff will be available because defenders will be so focused on the quick stuff that has been working against them. We also now have some athletes that can turn that quick stuff into big plays.

Let’s let the first 3 real games play out and see where we’re at from there. I’m guardedly hopeful slash fairly optimistic. We won’t suck.

Back