What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steve Sarkisian - former UW/USC HC/ Alabama OC (does CU have the balls to make this hire?)

giphy.gif

If we get Sark, I will feel like Tucker is a better fit for Michigan State anyway and that Sark is not only an upgrade but a much better fit for a Pac-12 program.

You'd think that would make me chill on how much I'm still pissed at Mel, but it won't. Good riddance and **** him.

But I'd like to be excited about the guy we have and focus on that. Sark gets me there.

Finally home from work and finished watching this.

h/t to Adam Munsterteiger for posting this on his board earlier today along with an excerpt he had (or was my kind of crazy and typed out himself). (y)

The quote tells you the type of coach we'd be getting. Brilliant offensive mind for football:

“The game has evolved a lot from when I first got in 20 years ago to where we are today, just in general. Whether it is NFL or college. Early on in my career, I was definitely a pro-style approach, West Coast passing game, two-back running game guy. In my later years in Washington as a head coach, we started to transition to more three wide receiver, four wide receiver sets. We went to a complete no-huddle my last year. We carried that to USC. Then the RPOs were coming in that time, right as I was leaving Washington and going to USC and continued to evolve. I got to the NFL and incorporated some of those RPOs into the NFL game, but then learned a lot about the match-up game and why the match-up pieces are important for what you do. I think we are forever evolving the game of football. Ultimately it is about being physical up front, being able to run the football, taking care of the football, and scoring when you have opportunities to score. Those things will never change in the game. How you get to all those points are always forever evolving. I think that is our job as coaches, to evolve to put our players in the best position to be successful.”

I think I might need a nap and a sammich.

I'm on the Sark train at this point. Going back to the Barnett days, it seemed like CU was playing catch up when it came to the newest trends in college football. If we get Sark, we should be on the cutting edge offensively.

Another positive about Sark is that he would continue The Process started by Mel Tucker.

h/t to Adam Munsterteiger for posting this on his board earlier today along with an excerpt he had (or was my kind of crazy and typed out himself). (y)

The quote tells you the type of coach we'd be getting. Brilliant offensive mind for football:

“The game has evolved a lot from when I first got in 20 years ago to where we are today, just in general. Whether it is NFL or college. Early on in my career, I was definitely a pro-style approach, West Coast passing game, two-back running game guy. In my later years in Washington as a head coach, we started to transition to more three wide receiver, four wide receiver sets. We went to a complete no-huddle my last year. We carried that to USC. Then the RPOs were coming in that time, right as I was leaving Washington and going to USC and continued to evolve. I got to the NFL and incorporated some of those RPOs into the NFL game, but then learned a lot about the match-up game and why the match-up pieces are important for what you do. I think we are forever evolving the game of football. Ultimately it is about being physical up front, being able to run the football, taking care of the football, and scoring when you have opportunities to score. Those things will never change in the game. How you get to all those points are always forever evolving. I think that is our job as coaches, to evolve to put our players in the best position to be successful.”

Refuse to even read, lest we end up with the triple option guy.

REad this and thought, damn, he is the guy! He is the ****ing guy. TIme to roll up the brinks truck and get this danmn deal done. Sarknado hitting Boulder full force.

If we get Sark, I will feel like Tucker is a better fit for Michigan State anyway and that Sark is not only an upgrade but a much better fit for a Pac-12 program.

You'd think that would make me chill on how much I'm still pissed at Mel, but it won't. Good riddance and **** him.

But I'd like to be excited about the guy we have and focus on that. Sark gets me there.

We saw the real mel tucker. I'm convinced we're far better off to be rid of such a brazen liar and deceitful man. Knowing this, I believe Coach Sark will put us in a much better position win football games. I'm all in!

Fully on the Sarkweek train. It's like when you're banging a hottie that you want to keep banging, so you think about baseball or grandma while you're having sex so you don't nut too soon. That was why AllBuffs Junta amped up the Calhoun rumors when they did. Thanks, Junta, for letting me hold my nut long enough.

Back