What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steve Sarkisian - former UW/USC HC/ Alabama OC (does CU have the balls to make this hire?)

I do think getting someone with an LA focus for recruiting is big. Massive opportunity for CU to capitalize on that this year and maybe next. If we gain traction there for a couple of years it could be something CU could sustain.
Yep - we have to maximize our recruiting in LA while USC and UCLA are down. Especially because I see Helton being out after next season and someone like Petersen taking over.

Sark as our new HC? What could go wrong?

eustachy4_i_display_image_display_image.jpg

Sark as our new HC? What could go wrong?

eustachy4_i_display_image_display_image.jpg
Exactly. Southern Miss & CSU would be nuts if they regretted that they had taken a chance on Eustachy.

Ultimately, he had too much Bobby Knight in him on how he treated people but otherwise he was a hell of a coach who performed.

It’s a bad example - all Eustachy did after that picture was taken in 2003 was win 263 games over 14 seasons with Southern Miss and CSU. That’s only 2 fewer wins than Boyle has in his entire career as a HC - not bad for a drunk eh?
This whole coaching situation is kinda killing the sense of humor around here, I guess. It was a joke. Tongue in cheek. Lighten the mood type thing. Sark is probably in my top 3 TBH. Sheesh.

I still work in the beer industry and I’ve been sober for 17 months after almost losing my marriage and kids over it. It got bad and got to the point where as long as I was not sleeping, I had to have a drink. Would wake up in the mornings and need a drink.
I know what the disease is like, but now even working in the industry, I don’t even crave anything. It’s possible Sark doesn’t even get cravings.

I still work in the beer industry and I’ve been sober for 17 months after almost losing my marriage and kids over it. It got bad and got to the point where as long as I was not sleeping, I had to have a drink. Would wake up in the mornings and need a drink.
I know what the disease is like, but now even working in the industry, I don’t even crave anything. It’s possible Sark doesn’t even get cravings.

Props. Karma for your continued recovery.

I kinda get the idea of making Chev the OC under Sark, but do not love it. Hate the idea of Chev being the perceived heir apparent if Sark were to bolt.
I'd look at it like he'd have an opportunity to learn & prove some things that would make him a realistic candidate for HC jobs.

I would be very curious if Sark would view this job as a "rehabilitation job" to get himself a different job or if he would see it as a "**** you, I'm gonna prove you ****ers wrong" gig.

Obviously, if he were to be hired here, we would want to see number 2, but I do actually wonder if the ideas of gratitude and loyalty to whomever gave him another shot that Wilner brought up would come into play as well. I don't know enough about Sark's actual personality to wager a guess on that.

Back