What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steve Sarkisian - former UW/USC HC/ Alabama OC (does CU have the balls to make this hire?)

Had seen elsewhere that Sark was in Boulder, so this would be second time I've seen this.

Many different reports that he interviewed today. I figured it was 50/50 whether it was in Boulder or elsewhere.

First I've heard that they closed off some of the facilities. Would make sense if there was a candidate (any candidate) present.

Summary:
Sark interviewed today - skibum's ruling: very probable.
Sark was in Boulder today - skibum's ruling: plausible.

But did anyone see....

20121203__butch-jones-food-cart-120312p1.jpg

Brendan Lewis has to be happy if true.
He can basically “sell” any QB on CU next year

Had seen elsewhere that Sark was in Boulder, so this would be second time I've seen this.

Many different reports that he interviewed today. I figured it was 50/50 whether it was in Boulder or elsewhere.

First I've heard that they closed off some of the facilities. Would make sense if there was a candidate (any candidate) present.

Summary:
Sark interviewed today - skibum's ruling: very probable.
Sark was in Boulder today - skibum's ruling: plausible.

Jens' final ruling:
giphy.gif

After reading the last 3+ hours' worth of posts in this thread, there's a good chance I will go full "Here's Johnny" if anyone other than Sark is announced tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Right! I'm worried CU gonna CU and tomorrow they will announce some G5 coach nobody discussed from the MAC

I still work in the beer industry and I’ve been sober for 17 months after almost losing my marriage and kids over it. It got bad and got to the point where as long as I was not sleeping, I had to have a drink. Would wake up in the mornings and need a drink.
I know what the disease is like, but now even working in the industry, I don’t even crave anything. It’s possible Sark doesn’t even get cravings.
Hell of a job Hell! Guys like you are an inspiration.

Finally home from work and finished watching this.

h/t to Adam Munsterteiger for posting this on his board earlier today along with an excerpt he had (or was my kind of crazy and typed out himself). (y)

The quote tells you the type of coach we'd be getting. Brilliant offensive mind for football:

“The game has evolved a lot from when I first got in 20 years ago to where we are today, just in general. Whether it is NFL or college. Early on in my career, I was definitely a pro-style approach, West Coast passing game, two-back running game guy. In my later years in Washington as a head coach, we started to transition to more three wide receiver, four wide receiver sets. We went to a complete no-huddle my last year. We carried that to USC. Then the RPOs were coming in that time, right as I was leaving Washington and going to USC and continued to evolve. I got to the NFL and incorporated some of those RPOs into the NFL game, but then learned a lot about the match-up game and why the match-up pieces are important for what you do. I think we are forever evolving the game of football. Ultimately it is about being physical up front, being able to run the football, taking care of the football, and scoring when you have opportunities to score. Those things will never change in the game. How you get to all those points are always forever evolving. I think that is our job as coaches, to evolve to put our players in the best position to be successful.”

I think I might need a nap and a sammich.

Man that dude is articulate. That was no Mel Tucker BS coach speak that was the real deal. I’m thinking we got an upgrade

Edit: *could get an upgrade. Don’t want to B_walk it

Back