What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle

I like to think I'm a stickler when it comes to defensive contribution, and feel like Horne is better than D'Shawn, or at least he plays harder on D while being more consistent on O (I'll keep a closer eye on that over the next two games)

This is crazy talk. At any time, there might be one person on the court that Horne can guard. D'Shawn can usually guard at least 3 positions and is often matched up with one of the opposition's best offensive players--you also don't have to worry about him on the switch.

This is crazy talk. At any time, there might be one person on the court that Horne can guard. D'Shawn can usually guard at least 3 positions and is often matched up with one of the opposition's best offensive players--you also don't have to worry about him on the switch.
This.

And has he ever shut down one of our opponents best offensive players?

It’s anecdotal, but in our worst losses, it feels like D’Shawn’s matchup is torching us — chicken or the egg

I’ll certainly acknowledge that frustrations with DS while also being so thankful that JH is on this team has led to me having a bias. As I said, I’ll keep a better eye on this for the LA schools.

Last edited:
And has he ever shut down one of our opponents best offensive players?

It’s anecdotal, but in our worst losses, it feels like D’Shawn’s matchup is torching us — chicken or the egg

I’ll certainly acknowledge that frustrations with DS while also being so thankful that JH is on this team has led to me having a bias. As I said, I’ll keep a better eye on this for the LA schools.
Maybe rewatch the game against OSU.

Minutes cannot be the pure judge, especially if the coach is not playing the best players by choice.

I think our Best 5 players are:

1. McKinley Wright
2. Jeriah Horne
3. Eli Parquet
4. Evan Battey
5. D'Shawn Schwartz

6. Jabari Walker
7. Tristan Da Silva
8. Dallas Walton
And then Maddox Daniels, on a night he passes a heat check, can be as high as 3 on that list.

Maddox is a capable defender, a capable third ball handler, just a really capable rotation guy that doesn’t deserve the hate he gets, who goes up a level when he gets hot.

Yes on defense and yes on he does not deserve the hate. No on ball handler.

Yes on defense and yes on he does not deserve the hate. No on ball handler.
3rd ball handler. He’s capable of being one of the guys you have out front against a press. You’re in deep **** if he’s your primary ball handler. I trust him against the press more than some of the backup PGs the buffs have had in the Tad era.

Definitely agree that Maddox Daniels has become a really nice rotation piece. I still feel like Key will live up to the early hype in the years to come...easy to forget that he is essentially a true freshman.

All this talk re-emphasizes how the main piece missing from this team is a Bey/Dre (even a Wesley Gordon) defensively skilled forward.

Excellent point. Tad just lucked into the best 3 point shooting performance of his 11 year stint at CU. We got out rebounded and gave up 50 second half points. No one expected jabari to go haywire. Kin and horne were having bad shooting nights before the role players bailed them out.

In short, we are definitely not going to have a chance against FSU as lightning won't strike twice. Fire tad.

If it looks like we're going to win in the closing minute, RG should fire Tad to avoid the bonus payment.

I'd say to fire Tad before tipoff, but it's probably best to avoid distractions. Got to think of the kids.

dunk fail GIF

fify

All the talk is great, results matter. Big stage,big flop.
32 teams lost in the first round. We won our game by 23, +17 from where we were favored. Many favored teams lost, most teams who won didn’t cover like we did.

Losing to FSU in the second round is not a flop. They’re a great team full of multiple future NBA players, including a lottery pick. Of the 16 teams who lost in the second round, ours wasn’t close to the biggest flop.

Guess georgetown didn't happen

In 11 years, we've:
- Won 20 games 8 times
- Had 1 losing season
- Made the NCAA tourney 5 times (do we count last year as we likely would of? kinds weird, if so 6)
- Won 62% of our games
- 6 players drafted or played in the NBA (likely 7 if Walker progresses, maybe Kin)
- More conference titles than the previous 6 CU coaches combined
- More postseason appearances than the previous 6 CU coaches combined
- More postseason wins than the previous 6 coaches combined

With this year we get to add:
- More NCAA tournament wins than our last 6 combined coaches

32 teams lost in the first round. We won our game by 23, +17 from where we were favored. Many favored teams lost, most teams who won didn’t cover like we did.

Losing to FSU in the second round is not a flop. They’re a great team full of multiple future NBA players, including a lottery pick. Of the 16 teams who lost in the second round, ours wasn’t close to the biggest flop.
Bad match-up, bad day, wrong place, wrong time. We were not favored to win that game. We lost a game we were supposed to lose on a day when a lot else was going on. **** happens as they say.

Bad match-up, bad day, wrong place, wrong time. We were not favored to win that game. We lost a game we were supposed to lose on a day when a lot else was going on. **** happens as they say.
Sadly though we looked bad in so many ways. We all blow our wads, but you gotta reload.

Sadly though we looked bad in so many ways. We all blow our wads, but you gotta reload.

A couple went on a beach vacation and stumbled on a nude beach. After hanging out for the day, the dude had a serous sunburn on his genitals. Awake and in pain in the middle of the night, he went to the kitchen, filled a glass with cold milk and dangled his johnson in the glass--just for some relief. His girlfriend came into the kitchen and said, "I always wondered how you guys loaded that thing."

Of all the Pac teams playing in the second round we drew the short straw with FSU. But it was frustrating that we seemed to be so intimidated. It affected our ball handling, shot selection and decision making. FSU isn’t a great offensive team but their D just got into our heads. But big flop?! No way.

A couple went on a beach vacation and stumbled on a nude beach. After hanging out for the day, the dude had a serous sunburn on his genitals. Awake and in pain in the middle of the night, he went to the kitchen, filled a glass with cold milk and dangled his johnson in the glass--just for some relief. His girlfriend came into the kitchen and said, "I always wondered how you guys loaded that thing."
C1777404-C282-4BEE-B859-E77B5D86122F.gif

Of all the Pac teams playing in the second round we drew the short straw with FSU. But it was frustrating that we seemed to be so intimidated. It affected our ball handling, shot selection and decision making. FSU isn’t a great offensive team but their D just got into our heads. But big flop?! No way.

It was the turnovers that killed us. How many entry passes were tipped away? Too many not to get drunk, for sure. By the second half I was just hoping someone would bust out of the plan on offense and just start jacking up threes. I mean hitting 10% of them would've been better than turning the ball over every other trip down the court.

I know that's not what this team was about, but a Ski or a guy like Plummer from Utah could've kept us in that game.

FSU will give Michigan all they can handle and have more than a decent shot to win that game.

FSU will give Michigan all they can handle and have more than a decent shot to win that game.
I will give FSU credit for the win, but honestly, FSU was a pretty sloppy team on offensive sets and in overall organization.
Their trap is pretty darn effective, and they are long, but we just did not challenge them or give them what we are capable of.
Never seen us chicken out of taking so many early open 3's!

Back