What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

No, there aren’t. There’s maybe one talented kid every year. I did a breakdown in Brazil recently and it was worse than I thought. And if you really stretch the definition of difference maker there’s been about one every four years.

CO hoops sucks.
I plowed through a few years of 247's recruiting rankings.

Here are the 4 star kids from Colorado
2017 D'Schawn Schwartz (Colorado)
2016 De'Ron Davis (Indiana)
2014 Ronnie Harrell (Creighton)
2014 Dom Collier (Colorado)
2012 Josh Scott (Colorado)
2012 Marcus Holt (Colorado State)
2008 Reggie Jackson (Boston College)
2008 Courtney Fortson (Arkansas)
2006 Matt Bouldin (Gonzaga)
2004 Hector Hernandez (Fresno State)
2004 Sean Ogirri (Wichita State)

I went back as far as 2003, Nick Fazekas (Nevada) was a 3-star, and definitely a difference maker.

Looking at 15 years of the most heralded recruits in the state, I'm not even certain we're looking at a Top 25 team.

No, there aren’t. There’s maybe one talented kid every year. I did a breakdown in Brazil recently and it was worse than I thought. And if you really stretch the definition of difference maker there’s been about one every four years.

CO hoops sucks.
I certainly am not going to argue with you. You could put my knowledge in a thimble and have room left over. I didn’t mean to imply I think we can build around Colorado kids. But when a good one comes along you need to get him.

I think Tad deserves credit for getting guys like Dallas Walton from in state. A guy with huge upside, but an injury history that left him lightly recruited. Exactly the sort of recruit to place a bet on every now and then, and with A-West being so close to Boulder, most likely a very low cost recruitment in terms of time and other resources.

CU is making 75% profit on the college hoops program!?!?!?!

that's pharma level margins. there better not be a budget problem w/r/t recruiting hoops.

seriously, I have to believe that calculation is missing some key expenses.
How much is that in grams?

I went back as far as 2003, Nick Fazekas (Nevada) was a 3-star, and definitely a difference maker.

Looking at 15 years of the most heralded recruits in the state, I'm not even certain we're looking at a Top 25 team.

How far back was the kid from Monarch? Amundson I think?

How far back was the kid from Monarch? Amundson I think?

Lou is high school class of 2001. He was the 2nd best player on his Monarch team, Billy Feeney was better. Billy’s story is a tragic one. Lou blossomed at UNLV, he was all athleticism, worked his ass off, and earned himself a 10 year NBA career.

Where’s Josh Perkins on that list?

One of the biggest mistakes was not recruiting Reggie Jackson at all due to the attitude that the state doesn't produce any talent. That was something that was fresh in Tad's mind when he took the CU job and has informed his way of going about things.

On average, I do think there's about 1guy every year from in-state that CU should recruit. I feel like the in-state talent has been a positive for Tad's program rather than a negative. It's an area where I disagree with Goose and others. Getting the POY from the in-state prep ranks makes CU basketball better, imo.

One of the biggest mistakes was not recruiting Reggie Jackson at all due to the attitude that the state doesn't produce any talent. That was something that was fresh in Tad's mind when he took the CU job and has informed his way of going about things.

On average, I do think there's about 1guy every year from in-state that CU should recruit. I feel like the in-state talent has been a positive for Tad's program rather than a negative. It's an area where I disagree with Goose and others. Getting the POY from the in-state prep ranks makes CU basketball better, imo.
That’s what I was trying to say. I mean, we have two in state freshmen who look like they are going to be pretty good. Now, in a year where we only have one spot, then go out and find the absolute best guy you can. But I think it’s important to have an in state presence on the state’s university.

Also, this is a minor thing regarding the Colorado recruits from above that I want to clear up : My father went to Univ of Arkansas and the family is big on Arkansas bball. I have no idea where 247Sports picked up on Courtney Fortson spending any time in Buena Vista, CO. Courtney Fortson was born and raised in Montgomery, AL. He later finished his H.S. career at "The Patterson School" in North Carolina. He never attended school in Colorado at all, much less out in Buena Vista. Doesn't make any sense. He was never a Colorado kid.

It's also worth recalling that this team lost a projected starter right before the season began. Painful to think about, but I wonder what this season would have looked like with Walton in the fold. Next year looks awfully good.

It's also worth recalling that this team lost a projected starter right before the season began. Painful to think about, but I wonder what this season would have looked like with Walton in the fold. Next year looks awfully good.

But when was the last time we went a season without some injury/infraction/or whatnot keeping somebody out for a good portion of it?

Bumping for 23 WINS in 4 of 9 seasons and a pretty damn bright future ahead.

Right on. Very young team. I would like to see tad take his coaching to the next level and try to find a way to improve ball handling and movement, but a very young team has potential for great things. I think Tad needs to do better to develipe depth so losses like Walton dont hurt as bad.

Right on. Very young team. I would like to see tad take his coaching to the next level and try to find a way to improve ball handling and movement, but a very young team has potential for great things. I think Tad needs to do better to develipe depth so losses like Walton dont hurt as bad.
Depth next year should be as good as it's ever been under Tad. Again, if we stay somewhat healthy we could be 10 deep if we want to be.

just checkin in..... and yup, I still hate this thread.....

ROLL DAMN TAD!!!!!

during the same week you last got laid apparently

Well, you’re terrible at discussion.

BTW, I got laid last night. And, AFAIK the buffs still weren’t in the NCAA tournament. Last game I saw them in was getting trucked by UT in the Not Important Tournament.

I’ll leave you to carry on sucking tad’s mediocre jock...

Well, you’re terrible at discussion.

BTW, I got laid last night. And, AFAIK the buffs still weren’t in the NCAA tournament. Last game I saw them in was getting trucked by UT in the Not Important Tournament.

I’ll leave you to carry on sucking tad’s mediocre jock...

nobody is buying that (y)

There is no quality discussion to be had with you Tad Sucks people since you already have your mind made up. But rest assured with the roster, depth, and experience Tad has coming back next season, and assuming they stay healthy, I will be just as disappointed as you Tad Sucks people if we don't make the Big Dance.

nobody is buying that (y)

There is no quality discussion to be had with you Tad Sucks people since you already have your mind made up. But rest assured with the roster, depth, and experience Tad has coming back next season, and assuming they stay healthy, I will be just as disappointed as you Tad Sucks people if we don't make the Big Dance.

You’ve got a camera into my bedroom? Wow. Good one, champ! I hope you enjoy the show.

You realize the irony of your second paragraph statement, right? Maybe you don’t since you’re a moron, so let me make it easy for you.You already have your mind made up that Boyle’s past achievements excuse his current deficiencies.

This is why you’re bad at discussion. It’s on YOU to make an argument why we should ignore three consecutive seasons of non-NCAA tournament making performances. Instead, you’ve pled blind allegiance to a coach who hasn’t won anything. You’ve also immediately gone to the “this guy brings up the fact that our coach’s performance has fallen substantially, so I will say that he doesn’t have sex” retort. This is deflection away from the real issue and frankly adds nothing other than me blasting you further.

We have a coach stuck in neutral with no evidence that it’s getting better. You think a tournament that can hardly draw fan attendance or decent non-gambling/non-attached market viewers matters at all. It doesn’t.

We have a coach stuck in neutral with no evidence that it’s getting better.

This sounds like a comment from someone who didn't watch the team this year. If you don't think a team losing one senior who didn't even play the last 2+ months didn't get better and has A LOT to look forward to next year, well, then I don't know what to tell you.

This sounds like a comment from someone who didn't watch the team this year. If you don't think a team losing one senior who didn't even play the last 2+ months didn't get better and has A LOT to look forward to next year, well, then I don't know what to tell you.

I watched. I saw the results.

Your optimism about the future is clouding your judgment about the present.

Boyle is paid to win important games and go to the NCAA tourmament. When he doesn’t do that, he shouldn’t be judged favorably by excuses. Everyone loses important players. Injuries happen to every team even at inopportune moments. It is up to the coach to build the depth necessary to continue the success of the season. This isn’t an argument in his favor.

I watched. I saw the results.

Your optimism about the future is clouding your judgment about the present.

Boyle is paid to win important games and go to the NCAA tourmament. When he doesn’t do that, he shouldn’t be judged favorably by excuses. Everyone loses important players. Injuries happen to every team even at inopportune moments. It is up to the coach to build the depth necessary to continue the success of the season. This isn’t an argument in his favor.

Nothing you say here backs up your comment that there is no evidence it is getting better. Try again.

Nothing you say here backs up your comment that there is no evidence it is getting better. Try again.

2017 - no ncaa tournament
2018 - no ncaa tournament
2019 - no ncaa tournament

Better is making the tournament. Everything else is failure.

Perhaps it is you who should try again.

Back