What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Team Colorado Pulls The Upset

Okay. Call me crazy. But the announcer calls “Schwartz for the win!” Then Schwartz hits the 3. So why did the score show a 65-61 win?
View attachment 73952
Since 2017, TBT has utilized the Elam Ending. Instead of a clock determining the end of a game, the two teams race to a target score.

At the first dead ball with under four minutes remaining in each game, the game clock is shut off, and a final target score is announced. The target score is the total of the winning team’s current score plus eight points. So, if Best Virginia were to be leading 65-60 at the first dead ball timeout with under four minutes remaining, the target score would be set to 73, and the first team to reach 73 points or more would win the game.

Okay. Call me crazy. But the announcer calls “Schwartz for the win!” Then Schwartz hits the 3. So why did the score show a 65-61 win?
View attachment 73952
Elam Ending I'm assuming

View attachment 73952
They have an alternate format to end games.

At the first time out inside 5 minutes the clock is turned off and a target score is set (seems to be 10 points above the current leading score but not sure.) First team to hit a bucket reaching that score wins.

Target was 65, Schwartz hit the 3 as Colorado had 62, game over.

Interested rule that prevents teams from just playing to kill clock at the end of games and brings an element of playground ball into the game.

Edit: Sewall's post above has the correct calculation of the target score which is 8 above the current leader's score.

Last edited:
College Basketball GIF by Pac-12 Network

Dumbass take at the time, getting even worse with age. Impressive.
At time this was posted, the take was correct. It was one decision at a critical time in that game not a generalization. Peace.

I was trying to remember. Didn't Colorado make it to the final four or possibly the final game in the first TBT?

Back