What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

That, and a lot of these guys are major hypocrites and don't like the advancement of player equitable treatment e.g. NIL and One-Time Transfer.
I have posted on here that the coaching salaries and athletic spending is complete bull**** but I do think the coaches have a point about how this stuff is going to sort of ruin college football (more than it already is).

They are hypocrites, but I actually understand why they don’t like it. It’d be like an NFL team putting all the time, effort and resources into player evaluation for the draft, only for their picks to have the ability to leave for another team at any time.

I have posted on here that the coaching salaries and athletic spending is complete bull**** but I do think the coaches have a point about how this stuff is going to sort of ruin college football (more than it already is).
I agree to a point, but I don't see it as much different than 18 year old kids, many of whom haven't been away from their home state much and certainly not away from family (because not many 18 year olds, athlete or not, have been away from family extended periods of time before turning 18) putting their faith in a coach that makes them feel at home only for that coach to up and leave freely whenever he wants. And theoretically a coach can leave every year with no penalty. The players get a 1-time transfer free of penalty.

I was acquaintances with Cody in college and thought he was an awesome guy, but man he really needs to branch out away from dad and try making it as a coach on his own.
At that level of play, Cody may be qualified. If they are successful, it sets up an opportunity for him to get a G5 job as an OC or take over for dad when he retires.

At a higher level of competition, I would agree with you. At that level, I'm okay with it to an extent.

Yes, he ultimately needs to get away from dad.

He wants to be here!
Bleeds black and gold.

In all seriousness, he's perfect for what CU athletics wants. He's going to run the cleanest program in the country, without ever getting close to the line. He's black, which shows CU's commitment to diversity. He's a good leader who is going to recruit high character kids. He's a solid coach who is likely going to get the program win 6-8 games/year.

It'll be a nice little program that alumni can be proud of and that will generate just enough revenue to pay for the other athletic programs.

After producing only the second bowl season in 15 years, I can only imagine the torches and pitchforks that will be out if Dorrell loses in 2021. That poor guy has the shortest rope from CU fans that I’ve ever seen.
We overperformed in the beginning of the 2020 season. Big kudos to Coach Dorrell for being one of the best coaches in the sport at managing COVID-19 outbreaks. As for the on field product, I view our results as aberrent. The recruiting coming off a successful season was disastrous.

After producing only the second bowl season in 15 years, I can only imagine the torches and pitchforks that will be out if Dorrell loses in 2021. That poor guy has the shortest rope from CU fans that I’ve ever seen.
He was an underwhelming hire from day 1 and that’s probably the kindest way to describe it.

This season was a surprise and kudos for the way he managed a very difficult season, but I can’t help but feel like we peaked 4 games into this season. Hope I am wrong.

He was an underwhelming hire from day 1 and that’s probably the kindest way to describe it.

This season was a surprise and kudos for the way he managed a very difficult season, but I can’t help but feel like we peaked 4 games into this season. Hope I am wrong.
Oh, I know. Wasn’t top of my list either. I know we’d all feel better if recruiting were on better footing, me included.

I was acquaintances with Cody in college and thought he was an awesome guy, but man he really needs to branch out away from dad and try making it as a coach on his own.
Kendal Briles has had a lot of success staying under Dad's wing until you have success as a coordinator. It's the fastest way to get coordinator experience - from there you have to prove you can do it.

We peaked after going 4-0? We then lost our Butkus Award semi finalist for the year while leading against the Utes.... We got demolished by Texas with 49 scholarship athletes on the sideline - missing at least 5 defensive starters (we have no depth on the roster).

This season was great. Had Landman not gotten hurt, we likely beat Utah and are 5-0 going into the p12 championship weekend.

What were you expecting this year? Or... better question is what were you expecting post Landman injury?

We peaked after going 4-0? We then lost our Butkus Award semi finalist for the year while leading against the Utes.... We got demolished by Texas with 49 scholarship athletes on the sideline - missing at least 5 defensive starters (we have no depth on the roster).

This season was great. Had Landman not gotten hurt, we likely beat Utah and are 5-0 going into the p12 championship weekend.

What were you expecting this year? Or... better question is what were you expecting post Landman injury?
Which speaks to lack of depth and a need for high level recruiting. We have not gotten that and in fact are losing ground to the teams in our weak ass conference. Also, I would also argue that finally having tape on what KD wants to do and on Noyer provided Utah and UT a better base to prepare from.

Glad for the wins, the bowl game, the nice story and the decent amount of positive press CU go this year. Afraid of what the future holds because we are not getting better talent wise vs other teams.

The fact that losing one guy torpedoed a season shows just how fine a line we were walking. That Texas team who demolished us lost their starting QB, was missing half their OL and a consensus All-American LB and it didn’t slow them down at all. We have zero depth and doesn’t appear recruiting is going to help. Starting 4-0 is pretty incredible in hindsight, but this team sure looked more like a 5-7 type team than a division winner by the end of the season.

Bleeds black and gold.

In all seriousness, he's perfect for what CU athletics wants. He's going to run the cleanest program in the country, without ever getting close to the line. He's black, which shows CU's commitment to diversity. He's a good leader who is going to recruit high character kids. He's a solid coach who is likely going to get the program win 6-8 games/year.

It'll be a nice little program that alumni can be proud of and that will generate just enough revenue to pay for the other athletic programs.

Awesome

Back