What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

If you can recruit to Vanderbilt, you can recruit to the Vols.
Right, but Tennessee is a complete cesspool right now. Its going to take time to build that program back up. It's extremely toxic and they have lost a ton of talent. I'd be surprised if they have 65 scholarship athletes next year. I'm guessing most of these coaches are using this as way to get a raise or higher buyout.

Right, but Tennessee is a complete cesspool right now. Its going to take time to build that program back up. It's extremely toxic and they have lost a ton of talent. I'd be surprised if they have 65 scholarship athletes next year. I'm guessing most of these coaches are using this as way to get a raise or higher buyout.
So probably Troy Calhoun

I get the UCF ties with White, but I can't see Heupel being a popular pick at all for Tennessee. UCF has taken clear steps back in his three years as head coach at arguably the best G5 job in the country.

Josh Heupel to Tennessee confirmed. Wow, not a good hire at all

The last time I laughed about a coaching hire it was Herm Edwards to ASU so I guess I'll hold my tongue on this one... That being said though, he's a former star QB and film rat who has a lot of experience coaching QBs. Seems like a successful blueprint to me.

Peter Burns might be the biggest SEC sunshine pumper there is (obviously, since he works for the SECN), but he is fairly level headed with decent takes, unlike the Clay Travis types who are just shock jocks with extreme SEC bias.

It's getting interesting to see some of these "big name" schools that are having trouble getting first tier coaching candidates to take their jobs.

Top candidates are figuring that they are better off waiting for a job they want than to take one where meeting expectations is unlikely and a career will be derailed.

Unfortunately I don't thing CU even qualifies as a "big name" any more but it seems like we have been in the pass on the job category for a while now.

UCF got worse each season he was there.
The trend line (12-1, 10-3, 6-4) wasn’t good. I will say in 2019, the three losses were to decent teams by 7 points collectively. This past season’s 6-4 record isn’t good, but Covid led to several opt outs and disruption. I would’ve liked to have seen how UCF did in 2021 to be sure of the trend before offering a P5 contract. You always have to be cautious with gaudy records at Florida directional schools. There have been a ton of busts out of that coaching pool.

Is there an expectation that most of the Tennessee staff will be leaving now that they’ve got a new coach? Any of them be up for openings here? Specifically DC. I’d love to have Tee Highins as tight end coach with his recruiting ability.

Back